2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah NBC and SKY have a 2 minute gap they didnt boo alonso or kimi, matter fact the OZ crowd loves ALonso ....

Just watched the race again and they most certainly also booed for Alonso. Maybe not as much as for Vettel but booed nevertheless. Funny how Alonso fans never admits anything negative towards him.

Just watched the race again and they most certainly also booed for Alonso. Maybe not as much as for Vettel but booed nevertheless. Funny how Alonso fans never admits anything negative towards him.

Yeah, seems like the crowd didn't know who to boo for. They booed Alonso when they handed him the trophy but then cheered him on when they started his interview.

Obviously Lotus & Kimi are happy with the result, but who else would you guys say can walk away from this confident of the result and why?

Mine:
Hamilton
Knowing his car isn't TOO bad, seeing the McLaren clearly out of form. Glad he didn't stay. That would be my main reason for Hamilton, Also the fact of Finishing in the top 5!

Vettel will also really be happy. Car was fast, and he was clearly the fastest before he got stuck behind Sutil and his tires got grained massively in Sutil's dirty air.

If he got out in clear air, he would have won, and I'm sure he knows it.

Vettel will also really be happy. Car was fast, and he was clearly the fastest before he got stuck behind Sutil and his tires got grained massively in Sutil's dirty air.

If he got out in clear air, he would have won, and I'm sure he knows it.
I think he was happy because he has the Fastest car but he knows that he can't win the race if he hadn't stuck Behind Sutil. It could be a Tight Battle between himself and Alonso for 2nd place. But the RBR ate its tires very quickly. so unless they fix the tire problem he can't be Completely happy

Obviously Lotus & Kimi are happy with the result, but who else would you guys say can walk away from this confident of the result and why?

Mine:
Hamilton
Knowing his car isn't TOO bad, seeing the McLaren clearly out of form. Glad he didn't stay. That would be my main reason for Hamilton, Also the fact of Finishing in the top 5!

I'd like to also add that Alonso should be leaving the race happy, last year at the start his car was rubbish - This year he has started well... Which mmust mean hes leaving satisfied with the result.

Ok Next Question:
Who would you say left the track feeling disappointed the most?

My Answer:
McLaren - Their car is severely outpaced this year.
Although Maldonado should leave feeling bad, the numpty!

An Interesting statistic
The Top 2 Fastest Drivers of the Grid Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton are Very close to join the 50 Podium Club
The 2008 Champion Lewis Hamilton Need 1 Podium to reach the Special club of his 6 years(2007-12 - Mclaren, 2013 - Current - Mercedes ) Racing career Where as The Reigning Champion Sebastian Vettel needs 3 Podiums to reach the Special Club of his 5 Years of Career(2008 - STR , 2009- Current RBR)
Year wise List of Podiums
Where as the Spainard Fernando Alonso was 13 Podiums away from Joining an Elite Group of 100 Podium Finishes to join Micheal Schumacher and Alain Prost.

An Interesting statistic
The Top 2 Fastest Drivers of the Grid Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton are Very close to join the 50 Podium Club
The 2008 Champion Lewis Hamilton Need 1 Podium to reach the Special club of his 6 years(2007-12 - Mclaren, 2013 - Current - Mercedes ) Racing career Where as The Reigning Champion Sebastian Vettel needs 3 Podiums to reach the Special Club of his 5 Years of Career(2008 - STR , 2009- Current RBR)
Year wise List of Podiums
Where as the Spainard Fernando Alonso was 13 Podiums away from Joining an Elite Group of 100 Podium Finishes to join Micheal Schumacher and Alain Prost.

Sorry, what is this Special Club you speak of? :geek:

Could be that they were just booing the politicians handing over the trophies...

Yes, this is exactly why they booed.

Also, an interesting apology from McLaren Electronic Systems to Red Bull for the ECU failure for Mark Webber on the formation lap which probably affected the poor start he made in this race.

McLaren manufacture those electronic systems and supply them to Red Bull.

Also, an interesting apology from McLaren Electronic Systems to Red Bull for the ECU failure for Mark Webber on the formation lap which probably affected the poor start he made in this race.

AFAIK they supply them to all the teams.

Does this count for all the races Mark Webber makes a poor start then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%