2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
is your mommy gonna make u stop watchign TV for a few curse words, no1 cares much really, English have more a a filthy mouth, but its all casual isnt it?

Heh, i think you're barking the wrong tree here, i'm effing Finnish, we swear like sailors... It's not uncommon to hear equivalent to C or F word in daytime tv, you can hear **** said in tv news, ffs.. I'm just talking about the obvious shitstorm they caused..

Best race of the season so far you say?

Who would have said that about Abu Dhabi Grand Prix let's say last year, or the year before (action wise of course).

Yes, there was a title decider in 2010, but still.

Going back to 2012, I now cannot see Alonso winning the WDC. Unless Vettel and Red Bull does something "horribly" wrong in Austin (just "wrong" is obviously not enough), because in Brazil Red Bull will dominate I fear.

Damn... "Unless" :D This season just keeps springing surprise after surprise.

In a season of crazy races, this has got to be the most crazy race of all of them. For a while there I had to double check to see if I was watching an F1 race or a NASCAR race. Congrats to the Iceman. Renault ... mmm I mean Lotus ... must have superimposed an ice cream dangling in front of his nose on Kimi's visor to make sure he stayed ahead of Alonso in the closing laps.

Great come back for Vettel as well. Now that he has succeeded in racing from the back of the pack and posting a good result, he can take than monkey off of his back when people say he has never done it, because he just did it. But of course the haters will continue to hate. I guess that is to be expected when winners win. :laugh:

Like I said. I do care. I have young children that love Vettel. Not a good example to them.

Well, occasional F bombs and shits are just reality, kids learn those words even if they never hear them at home... You can always explain that even great men make mistakes, maybe teaching them the concept of forget and forgive... It's happened, you can't rewind time, find something positive about it instead of complaining that will happen anyway.. There a hundred people writing tons of statements and answering complaints right at this moment. It ain't that big a deal when it happen like this, totally just an accident. I do agree that they should not use that kind of language all the time, there are a lot of really young kids that are like sponges when it comes to absorbing influences. But with clever twist, maybe it can be used for something good? (and no, i have no kids of my own, have been responsible of few but like they say, people with out kids think they know it all....)

People would be wise to remember that Abu Dhabi is NOT a western culture. For a country that does not even allow Champagne drinking on the podium, swearing in public is seen as very, very bad. There may yet be hell to pay over this 'slip'. Like it or not, 'when you go to Rome, you must do as the Romans do'. It was especially naughty of Vettel, since he knew better and is the current WDC. That was not a very good example.

I remember in 2011 I would say: "So what? You want him to start from the back of the grid to prove he's good?" as a joke. But hey, at least Diego lopez says he's not special...

Not only is he special, this race also put him in the absolute elite of F1; Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Mansell, Fangio, that kind of stuff.

Well, occasional F bombs and shits are just reality, kids learn those words even if they never hear them at home... You can always explain that even great men make mistakes, maybe teaching them the concept of forget and forgive... It's happened, you can't rewind time, find something positive about it instead of complaining that will happen anyway.. There a hundred people writing tons of statements and answering complaints right at this moment. It ain't that big a deal when it happen like this, totally just an accident. I do agree that they should not use that kind of language all the time, there are a lot of really young kids that are like sponges when it comes to absorbing influences. But with clever twist, maybe it can be used for something good? (and no, i have no kids of my own, have been responsible of few but like they say, people with out kids think they know it all....)
You're not wrong. But I can't find any positives in that.:unsure:

I hope that was a one off. But I do think sometimes celebs get a little carried away with their "god-like" status.:)

Im not sure why people are having a hissy fit over swearing. I don't see anyone complaining when Webber dropped one in Fuji or back in 09 when talking about Massa. Its motor racing, their heartrate is storming and adreniline is pumping, im surprised theres not anymore moments like that.
If I'd be going those speeds I drop a few choice words every couple of laps, but where im from you learn to swear before you walk, usual business for me.

Happy for Kimi he put in the fast laps when he had to and held off long enough. Webber was pretty sloppy, Hamilton has **** luck as usual, Nico shows again he has the reaction time of a 70year old, Button is just there like usual, Vettel had some great luck but pushed hard to gain a podium.

Im not sure why people are having a hissy fit over swearing. I don't see anyone complaining when Webber dropped one in Fuji or back in 09 when talking about Massa. Its motor racing, their heartrate is storming and adreniline is pumping, im surprised theres not anymore moments like that.
If I'd be going those speeds I drop a few choice words every couple of laps, but where im from you learn to swear before you walk, usual business for me.

Happy for Kimi he put in the fast laps when he had to and held off long enough. Webber was pretty sloppy, Hamilton has **** luck as usual, Nico shows again he has the reaction time of a 70year old, Button is just there like usual, Vettel had some great luck but pushed hard to gain a podium.

I hope you were being sarcastic. I saw the whole thing, Vettel... well... wasn't exactly lucky.

Knocking his wing for the second time caused him to finaly pit, that was quite lucky. He popped out in good air.
What im trying to say is, something went wrong, then ended up being just what he needed. Hes a strong driver, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Winning two championships is enough for that.

Well, Vettel had some luck, but obviously if you start last, a Safety Car is very likely to benefit you. Also Red Bull read the race perfectly, and made the tyre changes right when they needed to (like changing the tyres right before getting behind the Grosjean train, which would have killed his race).

Sure, it didn't look impressive, and he still has some godlike luck, but Vettel has proved he's clearly among the best in the grid. Meanwhile Webber tried to overtake Maldonado in a completely wrong way, and then forcing Massa to spin.

Also, that crash between Karthikeyan and Rosberg was scary, but Narain basically stopped in the middle of a turn that you take flat out, Rosberg had nowhere to go.

And well, Ráikkönen being Räikkönen. It's good that he's back, and if Lotus can keep their level for 2013, he'll be a strong contender for the championship.

Edit: Vettel was definitely lucky overall. Knocking his wing a second time was his own fault. Other than that, basically everything came his way. But then again, you can say the same about Alonso in Valencia. You don't recover 21 positions from the start without luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes