2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the result of Vettel strange? Is he this good or is the rest of the field this bad?
As the race was great. Many crashes many overtakes.

Also why wanted the F1 Sauber in 2007 a 15th ranked Formel Renault 3.5 driver?
Or did he already had a big money sponsor on his side?
Not complaining about Vettel. He is just great. But this sport isnt fair. When you start last und get third.
Then something must be wrong.
he is a very very good driver. maybe one of the greats. he is certainly great for a different reason than a senna for me. i like him. he's clever too. almost robotic like schumacher in his prime. then again, people say you make ur own luck and he seems to have lots...but i just don't get how he made his own luck today. he couldn't have foreseen 2 safety cars and lots of drivers tripping each other up. for me, aside from his obvious pace, having the best car etc...he was helped by others cocking up and...just damn lucky.

hamilton on the other hand is far more exciting. he's faster and seems to have literally no luck. the only time was the last corner of that race in 2008.:rolleyes:

Vettel is good but has a trophy's Room bigger than his real talent. He's just extremely lucky. 2 safety cars just when he needed it, like many times before. But those are just small examples of his permanent luck, the biggest one is to have his big daddy Newey giving him a space ship to drive for 3 consecutive years already. Yes he's good, no he's not that good to be the youngest triple world champion.

Well, I didn't think I'd live to see the day I'd defend Vettel, but...

Without both Safety Cars, it's likely Vettel would have made it to 4th anyway, behind Räikkönen, Alonso and Button. The second Safety Car only allowed him to close the gap with the top 3, and he was already catching Button if I'm not mistaken. He had plenty of time left to get to him and take 3rd.

As for the Red Bull being that good, well. 88's McLaren won all races but one. Schumacher won his championships with pretty good cars, didn't he? And that goes for most world champions, they had the dominant car at that moment. There are exceptions of course. But Vettel isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before.

Without both Safety Cars, it's likely Vettel would have made it to 4th anyway, behind Räikkönen, Alonso and Button. The second Safety Car only allowed him to close the gap with the top 3, and he was already catching Button if I'm not mistaken. He had plenty of time left to get to him and take 3rd.

He was catching button (normal, with better tires), but by the time he would have got to him the softs may not be in so good state. This way he was parked directly behind button with brand new wheels.

Schumacher, Senna, Alonso, Hamilton... They all had good cars already but all of them were able to perform when the car was not that good. Vettel this year only performed when the car was really good, so good that even Webber was able to qualify in the front row. With Newey's masterpieces on fire is all smiles and confidence, when there is not the case nobody see him. Nobody really believes that he would be in the same position of Alonso if he was driving the Ferrari, not even himself.

He's good. But he's not a better driver than Alonso or Hamilton. My opinion. Different lucks, that's the main difference.

The teams just do what they think they need to do to win.

While I agree on most of your words, its also a fact that there are better and worse cars, and the RB is a better one than the Ferrari, and that is an adventage when you set it up.

To have a good race pace, Ferrari is 6th in qualy. RBR can have an outstanding qualy pace and still have one of the fastest cars in race.

So yes, Ferrari is slow compared to RBR.

While I agree on most of your words, its also a fact that there are better and worse cars, and the RB is a better one than the Ferrari, and that is an adventage when you set it up.

To have a good race pace, Ferrari is 6th in qualy. RBR can have an outstanding qualy pace and still have one of the fastest cars in race.

So yes, Ferrari is slow compared to RBR.

There is no doubt that in the last five or six races, Red Bull are winning the car development war and yes overall Red Bull now appears to be sporting the fastest overall package. But Ferrari is NOT a slow car as some people want to claim. Plus Red Bull is vulnerable on the straights as we saw when Alonso blew by Webber at the start of the race.

Trying to be witty in order to circumvent moderator directions isn't the best idea. Watch your language.
<removed>... Just check Hamilton´s quote,

"I think in the last four or five races we've had something fail on the car even when we've finished the race. I hope luck will now swing our way."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104023

Ron needs to get his ass back in business. Let Martin deal with road cars or something.

Vettel had literally as much luck as Alonso did in Valencia.

Cars crashing each other, 2 safety cars that closed from 20+ secs to <10 secs....more cars crashing, the only overtake I was able to see and follow was probably Button, and even that took a few laps..

Stop worshiping this scrub, he can only win with Neweys designs, thats it.

Luck played well to him...thats all. Some people....

he is a very very good driver. maybe one of the greats. he is certainly great for a different reason than a senna for me. i like him. he's clever too. almost robotic like schumacher in his prime. then again, people say you make ur own luck and he seems to have lots...but i just don't get how he made his own luck today. he couldn't have foreseen 2 safety cars and lots of drivers tripping each other up. for me, aside from his obvious pace, having the best car etc...he was helped by others cocking up and...just damn lucky.

hamilton on the other hand is far more exciting. he's faster and seems to have literally no luck. the only time was the last corner of that race in 2008.:rolleyes:
Only great under Newey. want to see him perform as good as in other cars (discounting back end and midfield)

exactly, stop worshipinh and even makign a remote comparison to Senna, Senna didnt need Blown Diffusers and NEweys car got him killed. end of story.

Brave?

Not so sure. Wild and desperate maybe.
Well i can say it was Brave but not just by Vettel but also by Redbull
I will divide this into 2 parts
1st part a Supreme Drive by Vettel (Accept it or Not is up to you )
2nd Part Redbull team made perfect calls to minimize the damage of Pit stops. Their Brave moves and Vettel On the Limit Drive earned their Luck in the name of Second Safety car
That's why i said "Fortune Favors the BRAVE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back