2012 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
boomer.gif

The nosecone is hollow, it's supposed to crumble in the event of a crash and the mechanic is in a hurry and not being too delicate with it. If the camera (by which he is grabbing it) is more rigid than the nose, this is going to happen.

The luck of Vettel we can see it for example in his pole position stats. His number of poles suggest he is stronger that Hamilton, which this year came to prove that's absolutely not the case. With a less dominant car we saw Vettel even getting out of the Q3. In two last years the most consistent driver in Q was Hamilton. With an inferior car was in most cases capable of doing at least top 3... With a superior car just smashed the concurrence, team-mate included. Vettel seems to only be there when the car is a beast. I can addmit he's as good as Hamilton in Q, but no way he has proved to be better because he is less consistent. When the car is not exactly as he likes he struggles. Looking to their records we can assume Vettel is better. But for me that's where the factor Newey says hello. I think Vettel is a great griver, what i don't like to see is a curriculum that is bigger than his real merits or talent. What Senna achieved, what Alonso achieved, came by hard work... There was no doubt they were better than the others. His title records are fair, natural. Vettel's records seem they fall of the sky more by luck than for his real superiority, if you can understand me. I have nothing against Vettel, he's a good guy, a great driver, but his curriculum is an affront to many legends of F1.

I say Vettel and Hamilton was equal but Vettel didn't made into Q3 in the races where Straight line is More Important. those are China we have a 1.7km long straight and SPA which is the 2nd Lowest downforce track.
We all know Redbull is a car which seriously lacks straight line speed and There is no doubt the BAN of EBD hitted them very hardly in China but in SPA they made wrong choices about their gear ratios which made them suffer.
Now About Lewis his car was quick in straight line also Lewis was a beast in Qualifying so i there will be surprise if he didn't make into Q3. Where as vettel was also a Beast for that the Proofs are Pole laps in Montreal, Valencia, Bahrain. and Hungary P3 lap, Monza P6 (I really thought He will be knocked out but he made it into Q3 where Redbull was clearly struggled). I'm not including the laps from Japan as we all know how RB8 was changed and Silverstone and Germany was in Wet so every thing will be dominated by Fernando in those Conditions;)

The nosecone is hollow, it's supposed to crumble in the event of a crash and the mechanic is in a hurry and not being too delicate with it. If the camera (by which he is grabbing it) is more rigid than the nose, this is going to happen.

Rigidity or stiffness of a material is measured by its Young Modulus and measures how much a material deflects under stress. Carbon fiber is over 4 times stiffer than Glass almost 20 times more than pine, 2.5 times greater than aluminium.

Resistance to Fatigue in Carbon Fiber Composites is good. However when carbon fiber fails it usually fails catastrophically without much to announce its imminent break. (i,e, it doesn't bend before breaking)

The layers in the fibers are formed by strong covalent bonds. The sheet-like aggregations readily allow the propagation of cracks. When the fibers bend they fails at very low strain.

Carbon Fibre can't bend like that. They've cheated. And they'll get away with it.................again.

I say Vettel and Hamilton was equal but Vettel didn't made into Q3 in the races where Straight line is More Important. those are China we have a 1.7km long straight and SPA which is the 2nd Lowest downforce track.
We all know Redbull is a car which seriously lacks straight line speed and There is no doubt the BAN of EBD hitted them very hardly in China but in SPA they made wrong choices about their gear ratios which made them suffer.
Now About Lewis his car was quick in straight line also Lewis was a beast in Qualifying so i there will be surprise if he didn't make into Q3. Where as vettel was also a Beast for that the Proofs are Pole laps in Montreal, Valencia, Bahrain. and Hungary P3 lap, Monza P6 (I really thought He will be knocked out but he made it into Q3 where Redbull was clearly struggled). I'm not including the laps from Japan as we all know how RB8 was changed and Silverstone and Germany was in Wet so every thing will be dominated by Fernando in those Conditions;)

No doubt he' strong in Q but in the same you remembered the RedBull struggles in the satrights you must remember they are normally faster in downforce sections... Last year for example they were so strong, so strong in that aspect that in Monza even being the slowest car of them all in the straights he made pole... That's not only good driving of course. What i'm saying is if you have to choose a driver capable of qualifying up front with a good or bad car he has been Hamilton. Vettel seems unbeatable when the car is like he likes it but other times Webber makes better, like at Abu Dhabi or Monaco. They are both very good but honestly if they had exactely the same car think Hamilton would be more consistent qualifying up front. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows?

No doubt he' strong in Q but in the same you remembered the RedBull struggles in the satrights you must remember they are normally faster in downforce sections... Last year for example they were so strong, so strong in that aspect that in Monza even being the slowest car of them all in the straights he made pole... That's not only good driving of course. What i'm saying is if you have to choose a driver capable of qualifying up front with a good or bad car he has been Hamilton. Vettel seems unbeatable when the car is like he likes it but other times Webber makes better, like at Abu Dhabi or Monaco. They are both very good but honestly if they had exactely the same car think Hamilton would be more consistent qualifying up front. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows?
Ya i know that's why he got Some stunner pole laps but they didn't have the enough downforce this year compared to last year especially the Rear downforce. but still they he managed to get the laps. But we never saw what neither Sebastian can really do if he had a car which have more straight line speed nor lewis can do if he has the slowest Top speed car. But in My view both are Pretty evenly matched.

I think it's important to note that the pitstop nose twisting is a bit of a sideshow here. We've seen ample evidence of a bendy nose in the form of the Webber gif posted here and in still photos taken over the last couple of years. This is an area Red Bull are known to have explored. We're not seeing anything new; just more and more evidence of the same.
So it seems that this bendy nose system is working like a damper. The front of the car takes the bumps while the chasis barely moves, increasing performance. (atleast in theory).
Renault went for a simular concept which I think was banned after 2006?
Mass_Dampers2.jpg

trucorb2.gif

Well sort of. The idea is that the nose/wing acts as a mass damper, taking the bounce, while the chasis remains calm, thus increasing all your aero effects/floor/diffuser etc. Although im not entirelly sure what that nose is made of or containing. Or even if its this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%