2010 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Vettel's start pushing Alonso to the wall, or a lot of drivers going wide in the first corner gaining advantage (like Massa for example).

The funny thing is there Webber got a penalty for that in last year's German GP, seems all the rulebook has been thrown out the window this round.

Ferrari are a joke - this isn't a sport anymore. Its a business unfortunately. I think teams should be scraped and everyone is given identical cars - with whatever sponsorship they get on it. The faster driver will most likely win the championship (unlike last year where Button was gifted the championship, I mean I could of won in that Brawn car :D) and it will be fairer.

Look at Kubica, IMO the fastest driver in F1, yet only getting the odd Top 5, such a shame. If your not in the top teams you will never win a championship, can anyone tell me when somebody won a championship that wasn't in the fastest car??

Anyway, back to the Ferrari farse, they have not only let down Ferrari's reputation but Alonso's reputation (well what he had of one :D) he wasn't at fault here, despite him throwing the toys out of the pram and wanting his way. Ferrari clearly get more sponsors because of Alosno being there, and somewhere in the contract is says that Massa is #2 behind Alosno. If it didn't say that I have no idea why Ferrari picked Massa over Raikkonen, claearly the more talented driver - especially when Massa was recovering from that horrific injury (a year ago today - what a nice way of saying "I'm back" than winning.....but nope.

I am sure they do (no offence) but I guess that Ferrari doesn't have enough brain to make up some simple codes that can help them avoid something like this because all other Team Orders have not been called by FIA because FIA would not have enough evidence to prove that what the team said on the Radio was a Team Order.

So if I understand you correctly they should be punished because they (Ferrari) suck in cheating? If they would rock in cheating and nobody would noticed it's all okay? :D

In sports everybody does everything to win. Thats not something new, and maybe Damian is right and the FIA should think of removing this rule.

Ok then lets suggest FIA to ban Pit Radio and add some buttons instead were there is a recorded command on each button and let the strategy mean press buttons wich say for example "pit this lap" or "Well done (drivers name)" or something such as "YOU WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That would ban ALL type of team order and Cheating will be seen on the cars them self instead.

Anyway, back to the Ferrari farse, they have not only let down Ferrari's reputation but Alonso's reputation (well what he had of one :D)

Well, maybe not in some countries but in general, he was voted by F1 Racing fans best driver last year, and more important, he was elected best driver in the F1 drivers poll this weekend, so in fact he's very respected inside F1, and I can easily understand why.

Cya!

Well, maybe not in some countries but in general, he was voted by F1 Racing fans best driver last year, and more important, he was elected best driver in the F1 drivers poll this weekend, so in fact he's very respected inside F1, and I can easily understand why.

Cya!

No doubt he's a brilliant driver, and most people know that, he's just not exactly a fan favourite - especially if your Brazilian :)

Well it was the most obvious because the Ferrari's realy screwed up once they said "Did you understand that?". That proves 100% that it's a team order compare to Mclaren were they said to Hamilton that both cars a saving fuel so Mclaren could use the excuse that fual was critical for both cars if FIA would call them since they used the object fuel from the start.

Thats just it though Giorgos it proves nothing. We can all agree on what we believe they meant but its our word against Ferrari's unless one of the drivers comes forward and admits it. They didn't clearly say to Massa for him to move over despite what we all think and saying "Did you understand that?" can be easily explained away by Ferrari by saying something like the radio wasn't clear or they had radio issues during the race and were just making sure they were heard etc etc. It doesn't make it right, all I'm saying is its very difficult to prove. I echo the sentiments of Xose and Bram that all teams use teams orders and its gone on for many years.

FWIW I'm watching the NASCAR at the Brickyard, I'm sure teams have orders there too but at least they given the audience the perception that 40 drivers are driving as hard as they can to do the best they can and there is less bull****, drivers will just come out and say "yeah I bumped him off the track because he hit me" its quite refreshing :)

Thats just it though Giorgos it proves nothing. We can all agree on what we believe they meant but its our word against Ferrari's unless one of the drivers comes forward and admits it. They didn't clearly say to Massa for him to move over despite what we all think and saying "Did you understand that?" can be easily explained away by Ferrari by saying something like the radio wasn't clear or they had radio issues during the race and were just making sure they were heard etc etc. It doesn't make it right, all I'm saying is its very difficult to prove. I echo the sentiments of Xose and Bram that all teams use teams orders and its gone on for many years.

But doesn't the teams have a black box that records evrything exaclue as the drivers hear the words that the pit Crew says.
How ever I hardly think they will be able to give eny good excuse since they failed to cheat properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes