2010 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why fine them? Ferrari has plenty of those dollars around to splash. Both of them should have received a grid penalty. That would have given Vettel the win but also give a sign to the drivers next time to be more careful about who is faster in the team.

Why fine them?

Probably the easiest way not to loose faces. Imho a DSQ is also too harsh as it will mess up the complete championship standings. They should put Massa on P1 and Alonso on P2 + the fine.

Vettel didn't have enough pace to be declared winner imo. Team orders or not, the red armada was fast today!

Really clever analysis Kevin.

Is evident for us that it was a team order, but:

"Felipe, Alonso is faster than you, do you understand the message?"

is really that different than:

"If I save fuel, will Button attack me?" - "No Lewis"

And this happened in Turkey, but (because some will say I'm attacking McLaren) this happens every single race in every team.

Xose, go and sit in a dark room, calm down then re-read what I've posted, you've just agreed with what I had said about every team using orders which was posted in agreement to what you had said. So go and calm down and stop posting sarcastic replies. As I said I had got in from work and watched the recording I made of the race which surprisingly enough showed exactly what you were commenting on when the race was live.

Referred to WMSC? Yes bigger penalties could be dished out by the WMSC but their next meeting is in September. It would be quicker to hand Ferrari a grid drop or something.

Also Xose, Button did attack Hamilton...

They have been found guilty of using team orders.

They used team orders, but what do you guys think about this? Both Alonso & Massa knew about it. But both Alonso & Massa lied saying there was no team orders as well as some of the Ferrari staff. Remember Lewis getting DQ in Australia 2009 for the lie he told.

The WMSC need to come down hard, as a $100,000 is nothing to a team like Ferrari, just loose change, so it's effectively saying teams can buy there way out of breaking the rules.
Red Bull can point out that by not allowing team orders to affect the racing, they have suffered. It can be argued it cost Webber 4 points and Vettel 25 points. Because if RBR had employed team orders that would have been the possible outcome of Webber letting Vettel through and not crashing.

Referred to WMSC? Yes bigger penalties could be dished out by the WMSC but their next meeting is in September. It would be quicker to hand Ferrari a grid drop or something.

Also Xose, Button did attack Hamilton...

The only good thing with this is that the rules will be reviewed and maybe changed.

Now I dont want Ferrari to be DQ a grid drop or $1, 000, 000 plus a sharp warning wich says that if Ferrari does something like this again in the future for 10 years then they will be DQ from the current season and the upcoming season.

Xose, go and sit in a dark room, calm down then re-read what I've posted, you've just agreed with what I had said about every team using orders which was posted in agreement to what you had said. So go and calm down and stop posting sarcastic replies. As I said I had got in from work and watched the recording I made of the race which surprisingly enough showed exactly what you were commenting on when the race was live.

I'm a bit lost now.

When I said "really clever analysis Kevin" I was not sarcastic :confused:

I agreed with what you said and I put this as example.

No sarcasm at all, maybe I missed something?

Yea but what if that was true and he needed to save fuel, I mean that command cant be so obvious compare to the Ferrari's. Plus they could have told Button that "you are risking to overheat the engine/brakes if you keep this up".

Yea but what if that was true and he needed to save fuel, I mean that command cant be so obvious compare to the Ferrari's. Plus they could have told Button that "you are risking to overheat the engine/brakes if you keep this up".

Yes Giorgios, and I agree with you all in that, and I also think something has to be done.

Just don't buy the history of this being the first team orders of the season :)

Well it was the most obvious because the Ferrari's realy screwed up once they said "Did you understand that?". That proves 100% that it's a team order compare to Mclaren were they said to Hamilton that both cars a saving fuel so Mclaren could use the excuse that fual was critical for both cars if FIA would call them since they used the object fuel from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back