2009 V8 Supercars Season

Hmm, maybe I was wrong. :laugh2:

What an EPIC last lap! Tander got Lowndesy on the final lap... truly great performance by HRT on the eve of their 40th anniversary.

And who else saw McConville's crash? That was a near miss that I wouldn't want to relive. Steve Owen should really be more careful... :eyeroll:

Anyways, awesome race, and the perfect precursor to Bathurst. :D

I think Steve Owen was perfectly within his rights.
He left a car width for McConville to take, and it ended up like that.
The only time you can really overtake in T1 @ P.I is when you're right up alongside the other driver, and Cam really wasn't gonna get there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ImtpIuyVY[/ame]

I have to agree with Glenn on this one, Owen didn't move any further across prior to the first contact, but McConville just kept trying to squeeze through a gap and hit Owen. Very close to a tragedy though, as apparently McConville's car severed a brake line in the first contact and had no brakes as he slid off track and back onto the next section of track. It's a miracle he missed the other cars when he slid back onto the track backwards.

A great finish to an enduro, but terrible luck for Lowndes on the last lap. Not sure what happened to his car, one news report said a shredding tyre, another said it was a loose wheel ???? There was nothing between HRT and Team Vodafone for the whole race. Great racing, never more than about 2 seconds apart for over one hundred laps.

EDIT: It seems Lowndes has a deflating front tyre which stated on the third last lap.

• Wido Rossen

Ooo he is so lucky not to get hit by someone.
What a move....he should have waited.:poke:

I personally think Owen should have left a bit of room. He could see that Cam was coming up on him, Cam had the inside line and was more than likely braking, and therefore the responsibility was on Owen to move over and avoid the contact. It looked to me as if he was (unintentionally) pushing Cam off the track.

• Wido Rossen

V8 Supercars 2009 :Bathurst 1000

COMING UP: the mother of V8 racing ....Bathurst on the 8 - 11 th of October.
This is "the" race your not wanna mis.
1000KM of action packed Touringcar racing at it`s best...:whoop:

Mountpanorama.jpg

• Wido Rossen

Toyota to enter V8 Supercars

It’s early days yet, but V8 Supercars Australia’s (V8SA) plan to attract more manufacturers to the championship has drawn an unenthusiastic response from Toyota.

Australia’s number one vehicle retailer and the only other local manufacturer apart from Ford and Holden isn't waiting with baited breath to see what actually turns up in the Car of the Future (CoF) regulations currently being devised by Mark Skaife.

Little is known formally about the CoF regs for now, except the cars will be cheaper to build and remain V8 rear-wheel drive. V8SA is also opening up the regulations to allow more brands to participate in the championship.

The drive train is a major impediment for Toyota, which builds the front-wheel drive four-cylinder Camry and V6 Aurion in Australia.

“My personal opinion is that if we were to enter into some form of partnership or marketing which was to promote a product other than that which we can show our customers in the showroom as a standard offering from one of our manufacturing facilities from here or overseas, then I would have to seriously question the relevance of that and the viability of such an investment,” Toyota Australia Senior Executive Director (Sales and Marketing), David Buttner, said.

These are not new thoughts for Toyota, which last considered an entry into V8Supercars about five years ago and decided against it for basically this reason.

Interestingly, Toyota in the USA has ditched such reservations and gone NASCAR racing with a V8 Camry.

Buttner said that if V8SA came to Toyota to discuss CoF, it would get a fair hearing. He would not pre-empt or predict what the outcome of such a meeting might be.

He made it clear that the marketing opportunities presented by the V8 championship were a key consideration, not just the technical regulations or the cost of the cars to build.

“There are always people in the marketplace who want to offer you wonderful opportunities,” Buttner said.

“But at the end of the day you have to analyse those opportunities yourself and make an appropriate decision based on your budget and what you believe will drive the best value to promote your brand in the marketplace.”

It ain't gonna happen. Toyota's a sterile, business-oriented company with conflicting ideals. They say over here that it isn't relevant to their brand, yet they make themselves hypocrites by going V8 rear-wheel drive racing in NASCAR. I can see that they might need the exposure over in the US, considering that they haven't yet dominated the market, but I don't see the point of them coming over here.

They won't enter V8 Supercars unless they can get something out of it. That's nearly impossible to do. They're already Australia's most successful and highest-selling manufacturer, so what do they have to gain by entering V8 Supercars?

That said, I would like to see more manufacturers in this category. Still, whether it indeed will be Toyota or not remains to be seen.

• Wido Rossen

It`s on Folks......
This weekend Bathurst time.:nailbiting:

Anyone wants to make a prognoses who wil win this one ?

A wee bump to remind everyone that this is the big weekend for Aussie motor racing fans, Buthurst has arrived. :whoo:

I'll be a couch potato most of the weekend, and qualifying has already started. It could prove very interesting this year, with unseasonally cold weather and predictions of rain. :aus:

EDIT: loool, Wido posted at the same time as me. Spooky.

EDIT2: Wido, you should be pleased, Holden's taking the first three spots after official qualifying, but the top 10 shootout tomorrow may change that.
Only 0.5 secs separating the top 10, how close is that across this very demanding track??

Gotta love Bathurst... :aus:

Like Wido, I'm pleased that Holdens are at the front, but as Warren said we need to wait till after the shootout.

I'm torn here. I want to see a Holden win the race, but I also want to see Lowndesy get the Peter Brock Trophy... Help me out here! :excruciating:

• Wido Rossen

I`m pleased to see to Holdens up front....
Always love the top 10 shootout at Bathurst......SUPER...:honk:

The times:

1. J Richards/McConville Holden Commodore VE 2:07.2230
2. G Tander/W Davison Holden Commodore VE 2:07.3030 + 0.0800
3. Holdsworth/Caruso Holden Commodore VE 2:07.4366 + 0.2136
4. Winterbottom/S Richards Ford Falcon FG 2:07.4957 + 0.2727
5. Dumbrell/Baird Holden Commodore VE 2:07.5166 + 0.2936
6. Lowndes/Whincup Ford Falcon FG 2:07.5477 + 0.3247
7. van Gisbergen/A Davison Ford Falcon FG 2:07.6261 + 0.4031
8. T Kelly/R Kelly Holden Commodore VE 2:07.6651 + 0.4421
9. Murphy/Skaife Holden Commodore VE 2:07.6908 + 0.4678
10. Ingall/O Kelly Holden Commodore VE 2:07.7211 + 0.4981
11. Coulthard/Patrizi Ford Falcon FG 2:07.7849 + 0.5619
12. Bright/Reindler Ford Falcon FG 2:07.8048 + 0.5818
13. Johnson/Courtney Ford Falcon FG 2:07.9528 + 0.7298
14. Luff/Webb Ford Falcon FG 2:08.0276 + 0.8046
15. Bargwanna/Noske Holden Commodore VE 2:08.0319 + 0.8089
16. Ritter/Besnard Holden Commodore VE 2:08.2135 + 0.9905
17. Simonsen/J Thompson Ford Falcon FG 2:08.3859 + 1.1629
18. Canto/Youlden Ford Falcon FG 2:08.4119 + 1.1889
19. D'Alberto/A Thompson Holden Commodore VE 2:08.4720 + 1.2490
20. Owen/Price Holden Commodore VE 2:08.7417 + 1.5187
21. McIntyre/Gaunt Ford Falcon FG 2:08.7687 + 1.5457
22. A Jones/B Jones Holden Commodore VE 2:08.9861 + 1.7631
23. Perkins/Wood Holden Commodore VE 2:09.1775 + 1.9545
24. Pretty/Collins Holden Commodore VE 2:09.1893 + 1.9663
25. Reynolds/Priaulx Holden Commodore VE 2:09.2743 + 2.0513
26. Assaillit/Lowe Ford Falcon BF 2:09.3111 + 2.0881
27. Morris/Slade Holden Commodore VE 2:09.3853 + 2.1623
28. Ricciardello/McNally Holden Commodore VE 2:09.6376 + 2.4146
29. Wall/L Tander Ford Falcon BF 2:10.4151 + 3.1921
30. Sieders/Fisher Ford Falcon BF 2:10.6107 + 3.3877
31. Walter/Douglas Holden Commodore VE 2:10.6224 + 3.3994
32. Bayliss/Fiore Holden Commodore VE 2:13.3271 + 6.10

Well Rhys, naturally I'll be hoping for a Lowndes/Whincup win, but to win four in a row would be a monumental achievement, it has never been done before.
They will be a strong chance, such a great pairing in a professional team, but it still requires a lot of luck around the Mountain.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy and Skaife pull a surprise win, they both have incredible records at Bathurst and know this track better than anyone else.

As expected, the top ten shootout scrambled the deck a little, especially with some weather influence (starting with a damp track which dried out as the shootout continued).
Holden still on pole but Fords now P2 and P3.

Top 3 were:
1. G Tander/W Davison Holden
2. Lowndes/Whincup Ford Falcon
3. Winterbottom/S Richards Ford Falcon

Rhys and Wido should still be smiling but feeling a little less comfy with Lowndes/ Whincup lurking after a super lap by Lowndes in less than ideal conditions.

No doubt we will be in for an action packed 166 laps tomorrow.

No doubt we will be in for an action packed 166 laps tomorrow.
Inside scoop from Warren Dawes - the Bathurst 1000 has now become the Bathurst 1031.065... :bulgy-eyes: :D

Back to the shootout: What a lap by Tander. Even with locked brakes at the Chase he was able to beat Lowndesy by ~2 tenths. Absolute magic... :)

Yep, the race is definitely going to be action-packed. Certainly hope that Tander's good off the line, unlike last year. It's a pity that we sandgropers get the telecast delayed by an hour... :damnit:

• Wido Rossen

Oh....its raining....:tits:

Hope the rain will soon pass do.
The V8 utes will race with canoes i see .....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back