2009 V8 Supercars Season

• Wido Rossen

Whaahaa cool Jesus team drive with a camera on the shift stick,,,,sweet.

What a finish. :D

A great drive from GT and Davison. Greg Ritter deserves a mention too, that was an awesome race from him. I can't believe how close Murphy and Richards were at the end, I was on the edge of my seat for every one of those last four or so laps. IMO, irresponsible driving from Whincup when overtaking Bargs, that certainly needed more thought on Jamie's part. :bad:

Overall though, Bathurst was, well... Bathurst. Great racing, exciting battles and a cracking end. Excellent stuff. :thumb:

• Wido Rossen

I fell asleep on lap 61:damnit:...so i just finished watching the recording.
Great event, just surprised by the few non finishers.
And i agree with Rhys , Ritter did a fantastic job.
During the second rain period they where running almost last as they chanced as last to the wets.
So big thumbs up for them.
I really do miss the flames of the car as they turned to the E85 ( ethanol ) fuel.
I does not make the series less spectacular but its like a trademark for the V8.

But all is well and whe got a great finish.
Even Andy Priaulx made a good impression.

Up to next year i say.

well what with all the things running thru my mind at present (both myself and wife being made redundant (separate companies too!)) i was awake a 4.20am so trotted downstairs. happy to see this on Motors TV so popped that on while i dozzed. some really great racing and it's even more scarey than on the pc - and thats bad enough. First v8 race i've watched - and hopefully not the last. i can see why you like this so much.

Congratulations to Tander and Davison, a desreved win. Great result for Jason Richards and McConville too (what a turn around for McConville after the Phillip Island disaster). Epic battle for third between Holdsworth/Caruso and Murphy/Skaife (probably the unlucky story at the end).

Once again, a 161 lap race ends in a nail biteing finish, but to be honest, these close results seem to be occurring more due to Safety Car laps at the end, rather than from close racing all day. It is starting to become a bit of a lottery to guess when to be leading as the final Safety Car intervention occurs.
Thankfully, the best team won this one, but, without Safety Car sessions, I think Tander and Davison would have won by about 30 seconds. They could easily have ended out of the top 5 if they had been in the wrong place when the last Safety Car session occurred (as happened to Murphy/Skaife).
I guess Bathurst is such a dangerous place that crashes are inevitable.

It was a great way to spend the day watching this great race though, except that our free to air TV coverage comprised 70% advertisements and 30% actual race coverage, sigh.

• Wido Rossen

It was a great way to spend the day watching this great race though, except that our free to air TV coverage comprised 70% advertisements and 30% actual race coverage, sigh.

I guess where so lucky with Motors TV.
They got commercials to but not that mutch.

Agreed. During the safety car periods at one point, there was only two minutes or so of coverage before they went to another ad break. :freaked-out:

Around lunch time, it went: 12 ads, 2 mins coverage, 12 ads, 2 mins coverage, 14 ads, 1 minute coverage, 12 ads. At this point I switched over and watched the WRC highlights on another channel. I went back to the Bathurst telecast about an hour or so later.
I know they need comercial dollars but this was ridiculous, especially since it was the same bloody adds repeating over and over and over. :frown:

V8 Supercars 2009 Round 10 : Surfer's Paradise

What an absolute farce for Leg B for Race 2.

How they can penalise Lowndes after resetting everything I have no idea. Either penalise him and don't reset or just reset without the penalty. In fact, don't reset at all, absolutely artificial and awful, that was not racing and I was left deeply unimpressed, an absolute farce.

Huge crash involving Coulthard and McConville which the Ch7 camera captured beautifully, glad Fabien was ok.

Some awful driving throughout, I think Mark Larkham was bang on about the racing line being very narrow due to no open-wheelers racing this weekend.

Bad driving apart from Tander and Frosty in particular. Absolute awesome job from him, two wins and two seconds with glandular fever, what a top bloke.

Whincup, after looking invincible earlier in the year, looks a bit jittery lately, I wonder if the Falcon's development has been pared back a little as they go to Holden next year?

• Wido Rossen

V8 Supercars 2009 Round 11 : Philip Island

The Island 300 is to be held on the 7th - 8th of November.

phillipIsland.jpg

track Facts :
Track Length : 4.446 km
Race Direction : Anticlockwise
Interesting Fact : The Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit celebrated 50 Years of motor racing in 2002.

Track records :
Current Qualifying Record:2000 Craig Lowndes Holden Commodore 1.32.0713Current Lap Record : 1999 Craig Lowndes Holden Commodore 1.33.4389

This replaces Bahrain, so is it a championship or non-championship event?

I saw at the MotoGP race, they have installed a new tarmac strip in an effort to stop incidents spilling over from Turn1 to the other side of the track.

• Wido Rossen

V8 Supercars goes Arabian

V8 Supercars will race under lights for the first time next year, but Perth is in danger of losing its event for 2010 unless crisis talks on Friday solve a government funding row.

Next year's V8 season opener in Abu Dhabi will be a day-night race - the state-of-the-art track constructed there for this year's Formula One Grand Prix allowing for racing under floodlights.

The V8s will hold two 200km races at the Yas Marina circuit starting in twilight and ending at night from February 18 to 20.

V8 Supercars executive chairman Tony Cochrane says the twilight race will be the perfect way to start the year.

"Fans and spectators are going to get a fantastic show at this amazing new world class circuit," Cochrane said.

"It is the first time that V8 Supercars will race under lights, on Friday and Saturday evenings at the event.

"The phenomenal facilities at Yas Marina are absolutely mind-blowing and the lighting is out of this world."

But closer to home, the V8s are threatening to walk away from Western Australia from next year unless the state government commits to a major redevelopment of the historic Barbagallo Raceway in Perth.

On the eve of this weekend's V8 racing in Perth, the WA government has earmarked $5 million towards upgrading the track surface and safety fencing for 2010.

( Source news.theage.com.au )

"It is the first time that V8 Supercars will race under lights, on Friday and Saturday evenings at the event.

It's also the first time that V8 Supercars will start the season outsde Australia. :bad:

"The phenomenal facilities at Yas Marina are absolutely mind-blowing and the lighting is out of this world."

...And the track is out of Australia too. :bad: x2

Seriously Mr Cochrane, if you don't want to destroy our national series, keep the opening round in Australia. Adelaide is a better event than what will be in Abu Dhabi, and the track has more character. I have nothing against V8 Supercars having a few rounds outside Australia, but for the season to begin in the middle east just outrages me.

On the subject of Barbagallo... I really hope that the state Government gets off their behinds and allows the track to be extended. Barbagallo, while a great track, is just too short nowadays. It'd be a crying shame to lose my local race. :sad:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back