rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
But you will have to do some lapping as well and that will be really crowdy.
Overtaking on the mountain is just awesome or insane depneding on the outcome :D
Yes Fred, I reckon that lapping will need some patience from the "lapper" and some discipline and a cool head from the "lappee".
To make room for a blue flag over the Mountain will cost sooo much time for the lappee and be so risky for the lapper. You both need all the road there!
For my money its keep it smooth and allow a pass onto Conrod Staight by keeping hard left and a slight lift after "Forest Elbow".
The rest of the lap offers nice safe opportunities at the exits of corners onto straights.
eg: Exit of Caltex Chase, T1 "Hell Corner", T2 Murrays bend, T3 "The Cutting (but only if they are right on you and you can get to the inside (RHS) quickly). From Reid Park-Sulman Park to Forest Elbow its hard to envisage a safe move especially considering we are all in the same class of car.

As I am experienced at being lapped! I am qualified to say: For our very welcome newer drivers it bears repeating the general advice in a Blue Flag situation:
No unexpected moves in braking zones. By definition everyone is on the limit in a braking zone and has limited options! Slowing more or parking in a braking zone creates a hazard.
Whereas: A slight lift on corner exit onto a straight will facilitate an easy pass and minimise disruption to both your races.

Attacking cars will need to respect the lapped driver too! If they are heeding this advice it’s no good climbing all over them expecting them to disappear in Sector 2.
I would love to see 25+ cars finish. Man I cant wait.

Last edited:
Yes Fred, I reckon that lapping will need some patience from the "lapper" and some discipline and a cool head from the "lappee".
To make room for a blue flag over the Mountain will cost sooo much time for the lappee and be so risky for the lapper. You both need all the road there!
For my money its keep it smooth and allow a pass onto Conrod Staight by keeping hard left and a slight lift after "Forest Elbow".
The rest of the lap offers nice safe opportunities at the exits of corners onto straights.
eg: Exit of Caltex Chase, T1 "Hell Corner", T2 Murrays bend, T3 "The Cutting (but only if they are right on you and you can get to the inside (RHS) quickly). From Reid Park-Sulman Park to Forest Elbow its hard to envisage a safe move especially considering we are all in the same class of car.

As I am experienced at being lapped! I am qualified to say: For our very welcome newer drivers it bears repeating the general advice in a Blue Flag situation:
No unexpected moves in braking zones. By definition everyone is on the limit in a braking zone and has limited options! Slowing more or parking in a braking zone creates a hazard.
Whereas: A slight lift on corner exit onto a straight will facilitate an easy pass and minimise disruption to both your races.

Attacking cars will need to respect the lapped driver too! If they are heeding this advice it’s no good climbing all over them expecting them to disappear in Sector 2.
I would love to see 25+ cars finish. Man I cant wait.
Or you just do a Shane van Gisburgen and try it up the inside on the fast left hander before Skyline :D
I would have made that move stick:roflmao:

I´m in! It seems to me that it is going to be a great race, but I´ll be happy if I finish it... 90 minutes driving in such a tricky circuit could be so stressful

PD: What´s the best car? Is there a car clearly better than the other ones? I´ve been trying them, but I don´t know what to do... I´ve already discarded at least the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, the Porsche 997 GT3-R and the Ferrari 430 & 458. They don´t feel so good as the others, especially in the breaking areas.

Last edited:
I dont think its necessary to drive a faster car than others in a 90 minute race. For simracers this is very enduring and you can easily gain positions with a good strategy and without crashing instead of driving the fastest car :D

I´m in! It seems to me that it is going to be a great race, but I´ll be happy if I finish it... 90 minutes driving in such a tricky circuit could be so stressful

PD: What´s the best car? Is there a car clearly better than the other ones? I´ve been trying them, but I don´t know what to do... I´ve already discarded at least the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, the Porsche 997 GT3-R and the Ferrari 430 & 458. They don´t feel so good as the others, especially in the breaking areas.
The cars are very close so No.
I tested all but Ferrari, M/B SLS and Z4 and they were within 0.3 sec lap.
Did you ensure the McLaren had dry tyres? its default setup has wet tyres:redface:
The Nissan is nice and predictable on the downhill sections (front engine).
Based on what you have said I would choose one that felt predictable in the tricky descent as that's where you can lose the most time with a spin!

I dont think its necessary to drive a faster car than others in a 90 minute race. For simracers this is very enduring and you can easily gain positions with a good strategy and without crashing instead of driving the fastest car :D

You are definitely right. However, if I can choose, I´ll try to chose the best car!

The cars are very close so No.
I tested all but Ferrari, M/B SLS and Z4 and they were within 0.3 sec lap.
Did you ensure the McLaren had dry tyres? its default setup has wet tyres:redface:
The Nissan is nice and predictable on the downhill sections (front engine).
Based on what you have said I would choose one that felt predictable in the tricky descent as that's where you can lose the most time with a spin!

I totally agree. I have lots of problems in the descent, so I´ll probably use the Nissan. I would rather driver a comfortable car than drive a quicker (but more difficult to drive) one.

damn damn damn da..............
after trying many things to solve my rf2 freezing issues i made a totally fresh win7 install this week.
after that i only updated win and all drivers. (my HD7950 is running with vers. 14.4 btw.) installed: norton NIS, iR and rf2 (with less than 10 mods so far)

now i´ve just joined the server... 1st freeze in lap 3^^
and then the same in the testrace :-(
-> sign me out, please

I might have an issue, I noticed today my rFactor 2 sub is running out on saturday and Paypal takes 6 - 10 work days to process :-(. I will keep you posted, I don't want to miss the epicness!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.