rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The short practice race last night gave a taster or what we can expect. Such an exciting and atmospheric opening lap and that was with just 9 runners, my start was poor and I held up Rolf but picked my way though some carnage and found myself in P1.
It seems I am lacking about 2 sec in absolute pace. I hope that consistent lapping and tyre management can produce a top 5.

Goals: Quali P10, Race P5.

The short practice race last night gave a taster or what we can expect. Such an exciting and atmospheric opening lap and that was with just 9 runners, my start was poor and I held up Rolf but picked my way though some carnage and found myself in P1.
It seems I am lacking about 2 sec in absolute pace. I hope that consistent lapping and tyre management can produce a top 5.

Goals: Quali P10, Race P5.
What I really like about this track is, that you need to be really brave in some parts, which is good for racing, because the guy in P1 will most likely avoid some of the risks and when you are behind you can take a bit more risk and pressure the guy in front of you.
That race will be intense :)

I think its also a judgement call to 1 stop or 2 stop.
A 1 stop will need a bit of tyre management.
The second stop costs 23 sec /40 litres fuel plus in and out so say 43 sec.:geek:
Minus 10 sec saved as the other stop is 23 sec fuelling (40 lit) vs 33 sec (60 lit) .:sneaky:
So 33 sec. Thats appr .78 sec a lap lap to pay that back.:geek:
What lap time do you lose managing tyres?
Interesting.

Or: do you take a lot of fuel and cruise around staying safe then a splash and dash for 30 mins of hero time on low fuel and new tyres!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.1%