rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Bathurst - Sat 28th June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me in plz.

Any advices for a rookie? Gave the MP4 a short try yesterday to check if everthing is well installed. I haven`t used any assists except clutch. Car feels great so far, just a bit loose rear end out of T2 and twitchy on braking from time to time, but i think i could sort that out with some setup tweaks.
Looking forward to my RD debut...
T2 has a bit of a crown in the camber on exit and they all get twitchy there.
Good luck and welcome.
edit: @Marc Brockmeyer
A little more diff lock on coast side helps in those tricky twisty downhill braking zones if the car is unstable.

When being lapped (which may not happen) a small lift and a little move off (inside) racing on corner exit works well. Nothing works well in the braking zone. So be kind and courteous after the corner, funky moves in braking zones don't work out no matter how well intended.

Last edited:
It’s very atmospheric for me at Mt Panorama.
Not only have I driven this track (not in racing conditions BTW) and won a schoolboy cross country running race here but also my uncle raced here in a mix of machinery:
1972 Datsun 1200
1973 Torana GTR XU1
1989 Holden Commodore
1990/91 Ford Sierra Cosworth.

We had a few laps on the server last night at Mt Panorama.
Forgive me for waxing lyrical but I love this track and as an Aussie I felt it was my duty to welcome “The International teams” to one of my local tracks. I was sporting my new Peter Brock- Larry Perkins 05 Holden Commodore tribute livery on the 911 GT3.
Mt Panorama’s challenging topography can at times flow from a skate park like terrain to something resembling a downhill skin run. After a few laps to come to grips with it the internationals started to get into a rhythm and lap times tumbled. The server was a fun place to be.:)
I hope we can see more drivers about this week on the server as “the paddock fills with international teams”.
I hope the pace of the locals will stand up as the star drivers come up to speed.:cautious:
We shall see.

Last edited:
Any advices for a rookie?

1. Stay on the racing line when lapped, there may not be prototypes about, but this is still sportscar racing, when somebody is about to lap you, dont try to "help" him by moving out of the way. Stay on the racing line, be predictable and let the faster traffic work it's way by

2.When in doubt, lift off and live to fight another corner.

3.When you go off, don't rush back onto the track, but do so when it is safe and no other cars are around you.

4. Don't press escape when you put it in the wall, get it fixed and drive till the chequered, it's a long race, and you won't be the only one putting it into the wall, if everyone fixes their car and drives on, you will have great battles going on no matter where you are in the field, and the battles at front will be all the more interesting as the leader will need to navigate traffic safely, instead of just powering on while the field in front of him grows smaller.

5. Have fun!

Edit: 6. Blue flags are NOT mandatory in sportscar racing ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing