1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

You should check what processes are running from the the task manager. I had that issue sometime ago and noticed that for ex with the new Live Messenger there came wlcomm.exe (allows Messenger to be run simultaneously from several locations) that sometimes did exactly that. There were some others too but can't remember them. I did start a thread on the issue if you bother to search for it. And turn you're windows automatic update off. I tried to turn it on to get the latest tuesday-updates to xp and hey hey, the old issues came back: about 10 minutes playing the game stuttered like hell, checked the process list and there it was, the wuaultc.exe doing it's update checks. It is really annoying that the Automatic Update thinks that the pc is idling when it is not running exclusively Windows softwares..

No problem for me too with my Antivirus (Antivir). I run it on Windows 7.

So, about the new steam update, i can say that don't correct the crash minidump who occur sometime when you select a "custom" car in the show room. But the crash appeared before i install game booster, and i can't say if this program can help for this problem.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.