1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

In real racing you don't get told how worn your tyres are surely? I don't get why it's important to know anyway, if they're going off, I'm pretty sure most drivers will notice by the fact they can't get the car to do what they need it to - which is the point in which you know they need changing. Or just use your laptimes to judge.

But if you know it before the tires are worn.. you can decide more freely your pitstop strategy when you know what's happening, it's never fun when have to go to pit on 3rd final lap... And more importantly, you can see the progress of data. I adjust for ex. brake balance according to the tire temp/wear in the longer runs. It saves me a couple of laps and sometimes it carries me a few laps more to the finishline with out that otherwise needed pitstop. And it helps during practice to see tire temps/pressure in different parts of the track to finetune the setup/driving style when needed. But the main reason for xd (or similar): the fuel usage, it's so good to know it exactly and not all the addon tracks show it correctly. The longer the race more important it is.

I do miss xd allready..

Hm, havn't tryed that. Only the instant replays. But ok, I can still get cool shots then. Still a bit irretating though.

Yep F12 doesn't work with instant replays anymore. As stated in an earlier post the print screen function is the quickest way to get a screenshot, just paste it into paint or create a new file in Photoshop, then paste it in.

Annoying as I liked to press F12 from mulitple angles of my car then go into my paint package and view them all at once. It's just a longer process now that's all.

Seems strange to take the F12 function out of the game

A changelog will follow next week. It is holiday time for most of our developers, but we wanted to release the patch to the public as soon as we could, we did not want to wait another week with the release for a changelog.

Just to correct myself, i meant next week as in not this week but the following week. And yes ofcourse we keep track of changes we do to the code, we just need to validate that the list is correct, and make sure everything is listed or remove the ones that didnt make it. But due to holiday this patch has gone live without one. I hope you guys dont mind! The other solution was to wait a few more weeks with the release, and that is something we did not want to do.

I have noted down the F12 issue that is mentioned, please keep posting any issues, it is appreciated.

The Mini splitter bug has reappeared. I took screencaps so you can see there's something funny in those setups :)

Car: BMW Mini , track: Donington GP

Attachments

• Mini Splitter Bug.JPG
    Mini Splitter Bug.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Mini Splitter Bug 2.JPG
    Mini Splitter Bug 2.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 234
Just to correct myself, i meant next week as in not this week but the following week. And yes ofcourse we keep track of changes we do to the code, we just need to validate that the list is correct, and make sure everything is listed or remove the ones that didnt make it. But due to holiday this patch has gone live without one. I hope you guys dont mind! The other solution was to wait a few more weeks with the release, and that is something we did not want to do.

I have noted down the F12 issue that is mentioned, please keep posting any issues, it is appreciated.

Maybe a tip for future patches.
Steam is a great platform to keep all clients up to date, but also it keeps on annoying many online drivers.

Why?
Maybe SimBin don't realize it, but when a patch goes live, some servers will be updated soon, others not. Some clients will be updated, some not. Depends if you already started Steam/Game or not.

Could it not be possible to announce an upcoming patch 1+ hours before its actually push live? Then community/league owners are at least informed and can delay events etc.etc. in case of running to the same surprises every time.

In my example I was just re-installing PC again and was unsure why I could not connect to any online server and addon tools were not working. Some hours later I discovered it was due to the patch.

a real Noob question this, but where exactly can I check which version I am running? I am having probs signing in to online public lobbies (lockups etc0 and I dont know whether I have been updated or not. Where can I check this?

this is where you can tell I havent been using steam for long....

where exactly? I have checked the bottom right corner of the screen on all of the tabs but cannot find it? Is in the main menu of the game, or main steam menu's?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back