1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

I don't know if it is the patch but when ever a player leaves the server during the race i get a huge freeze. I did have that problem before but the freezes were so tiny, maybe half a second before, now the worst one lasted well over 8 seconds.

Maybe it's is time to do a fresh install.. I'll report if that corrects any problems..

Maybe it's is time to do a fresh install.. I'll report if that corrects any problems..

I always do fresh install when an update comes out. I've just gotten into the habit and it saves a lot of time and headaches in the end.

This patch is very very good. The game is really running quite well and I haven't had any freezes.

If you have an nVidia card, the new patch does not like the 190.38 drivers. If you are getting freezes and black screens, try these new drivers from nVidia (190.56):

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_3_driver.html#dl

If any of you are having issues with the new patch, I highly recommend a fresh install. My game is running great :)

(remember: deleting local game content from the Steam list is not enough for a fresh install. The Race folders in steamapps must be deleted also)

• Ariff Roose

What about ATI? Anyone with it? Im experiencing lots of small inconsistent freezes with about 5-60 second freezes

I always do fresh install when an update comes out. I've just gotten into the habit and it saves a lot of time and headaches in the end.

This patch is very very good. The game is really running quite well and I haven't had any freezes.

If you have an nVidia card, the new patch does not like the 190.38 drivers. If you are getting freezes and black screens, try these new drivers from nVidia (190.56):

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_3_driver.html#dl

If any of you are having issues with the new patch, I highly recommend a fresh install. My game is running great :)

(remember: deleting local game content from the Steam list is not enough for a fresh install. The Race folders in steamapps must be deleted also)

i did make a fresh install no mod nothing new drives from nvidia and its the same sometimes happen and sometimes dont

The freezes are worse now than they ever have been. I had 3 today and they now last 45-60 seconds.

Edit:

If simbin expects me to spend any more money on their products, e.g. Race On, they're going to have to start fixing things.

Exactly my thoughts. I have enough of these things called bugs.

To answer the videocard brand question. I think the Ati-cards have less freeze bugs. At least I have.

• phel21

No freezes here either, but Evo gets minimised 3-5 minutes into the first driving session, and then once more about 10 seconds after bringing it back in the foreground. It then runs fine until exit. There's no sign of any other activity on the desktop (XP PRO w/all available updates) that would be likely to interrupt the sim.

Evo still crashes and leaves a minidump on exit.

Stuttering in replays however are history, at least on my vidcard (GTX260).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%