1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

The only way is to move your whole My Docs folder as mentioned above. Ive tried various different ways to change it to no avail.

On a Windows XP (and above) System with NTFS you could work with so called Hard Links or Volume Mount Points. On Vista there are also Symbolik Links available.

Here is a brilliant Tool, that allows you to work with these "not so obviously visible" features and some good explanations: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

HardLinks and VolumeMountPoints have some limitations (HardLinks only across partitions on the same volume and with VolumeMountPoints mount the root of a drive). Symbolik links seem to be perfect but are only available on Vista.

I will try that with Evo this evening when I'm home from work and post a follow up.

Symbolik links seem to be perfect but are only available on Vista.

I will try that with Evo this evening when I'm home from work and post a follow up.

I read a small amount about them a long long time ago but didn't really have any use for it at the time so left it be. Interested to know though.

I am getting more an dmore disillusioned with the patch. Starting on day two after download, my game says "video memory overrun". I had to lower graphics setting and stop taking replays to get it back to an acceptable frame rate, not nice.

Set your graphics settings to the same as they where before Eckhart and only turn down the Draw distance and see how it is. The draw distance has been extended on most tracks and as a result more textures are loaded. Sounds like there may be a few too many for your video memory.

On a Windows XP (and above) System with NTFS you could work with so called Hard Links or Volume Mount Points. On Vista there are also Symbolik Links available.

Here is a brilliant Tool, that allows you to work with these "not so obviously visible" features and some good explanations: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

HardLinks and VolumeMountPoints have some limitations (HardLinks only across partitions on the same volume and with VolumeMountPoints mount the root of a drive). Symbolik links seem to be perfect but are only available on Vista.

As promissed I did some testing and it works very good. Now my data is back to drive D. I made a little how-to and put it into a new thread: http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...older-another-partition-drive.html#post243432

Dear simpleton :rotfl:, have you checked under My Documents / Simbin.
Simbin was sneaky and moved lots of folders into My Documents with the last patch.
Ah. I didn't fully explain my issue - that's my fault.

Actually yeah, I can see the replays in there, looking via windows explorer, but nothing appears in-game in the replay theatre ie it's empty, and also new games don't save anything apart from in the Replay Temp directory. Either way, replays are not accessible from within the game for me.

Stuart, have you tried deleting/renaming the cfg file (.plr?) for GTRE? It maybe the game has become "confused" with the new bonfiguration, and the may sort it out. Either that or rename the GTRe folder and let Steam rebuild it, see if that works.

Is it just me or do championships not save??

If you have any custom skins in your custom championships, it will not save.

I have backed up and removed all my custom skins and now custom championships work fine.

Once SimBin releases a patch to fix this patch (lol) I'll just put my custom skins back.

Custom skins for mods that use *.car instead of *.ini are not affected and will not harm the custom championship. You do not have to remove them.

Ozboz try the following steps please:
  • lots of steps

Hey Bram thanks for thinking, I also tried that and it didn't work. But I know what the problem is. So I post it here and hope someone has a suggestion to reverse my solution since I'm not happy with it (hence, I think it's a bug and lousy programming from Simbin)

I'm using Vista and once I right clicked my documents folder and gave it a place on my server (which gets automatic backups). No other game had problems with that this far but it seems that GTR Evo is using some pretty bad links so it simply doesn't work if the 'My Documents' is on a network location. Bad bad bad.

The problem came up in the last patch when they moved the saved stuff to the My Documents location. Then again, I think they did a terrible job since it doesn't seem to work if you assigned My Documents to a network location (which is a nice new feature at Vista).

Have to email the guys at Simbin but first some sleep. I can relink the My Documents to my C but that would mean all my other games (who do work) become useless.

If someone here knows a smart workaround so I can keep all at my network drive (for backup sake) I would love to hear it.

• phel21

Crash on exit since last patch

A minidump is created every time EVO terminates. Whether I run a long racing session or exit from the menu immediately on startup makes no difference. To just ignore it and remove the minidump unfortunately isn't enough as the game doesn't detatch properly from the trackir software before it crashes. The trackir tool thus has to be restarted before a new race/evo session can be initiated.

I tried to enable trace, but the generated tracefile contains no clue wrt the crash.

I use XP-pro stripped to nothing more than a game-launch-platform with all applicable updates from winupdate on a machine with E6600/2GB/GTX260-216.

Somewhat related; Like others I've also seen the occasional hickups during sessions. Reducing the draw distance as suggested in other threads makes no difference. Sometimes evo also drops to the background as it would when other applicatons demand attention, except now there's usually no trace of any other activity on the desktop.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.