1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

• Jamie Valentine

Well I finally got mine all straighten out, I reinstalled for the forth time BUT before I did this time I went threw my whole computer and deleted EVERY SINGLE File I could find with Simbad , Valve, GTR Evo, Race 07, and STCC, I did searches in all drives and folders, ERROR Mesages, I then installed Steam and all the Simbad stuff and sure enough it worked.. Back in Bussiness :)

I got a blue screen just ago :(

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....3.0?SGD=398cf5c0-218c-4ccd-87be-d35d866039e2

Now i get this response when i send the error report to micro$oft. I never even tweaked the settings of my game in the last months.

Hey Bram, that can be caused by heat. I also sometimes have the same problem. Try to see if your fan of your gfx card is still dust-free (at least pretty dust-free). Don't know what card you have but the latest WHQL nVidia ones running pretty good around here.

• Jamie Valentine

Well I finally got mine all straighten out, I reinstalled for the forth time BUT before I did this time I went threw my whole computer and deleted EVERY SINGLE File I could find with Simbad , Valve, GTR Evo, Race 07, and STCC, I did searches in all drives and folders, ERROR Mesages, I then installed Steam and all the Simbad stuff and sure enough it worked.. Back in Bussiness :)

LMAO , Got up this morning fire up the PC go to run some laps and im right back were I started, Launch Race 07 it goes to the Simbad load video and then BAM turns my PC off like you unpluged it..

My mistake was leaving on Steams auto update, because what ever it updates kills my PC..
Simbad needs to go back to the way GTR2 was ran threw there servers..

Worse lag since Patch ??? Question....

I have read around that some people had more lag and crashes after the update.

I may be wrong here and it is only a suggestion but if you have experienced this, are you one of the people who has custom skins AND within Windows has 'My Documents' on a different drive from your windows installation (ie C: drive)?

My logic here is that I seem to suffer greater graphics lag when my hard disk becomes very defragged. I put this down to some of the texture files (biggish files) being defragged and the hard disk having to work harder to get the file from hard disc. I may be wrong. It would follow that if your my documents is not on the same drive as you steam install, could the game accessing car skin files on another drive cause similar lag - remember you might not b using a custom skin, but if someone else in game is using one that you have the game will have to access Custom Skins to get their car too.

Only an idea - as you can see I am not a boffin but though I would post and see if anyone has any views on this.

• Kyle Evers

Well they increased the draw distance drastically. That's causing some FPS issues. I play on very near and even that is pretty far now, and it has a very negative effect. Can't stand low FPS.

My main issue with new patch is the feared total freeze. Screen frozes for 2-4 seconds and after that everything is running fine again. Normally I use Vista OS but now I use Windows 7 because it seems to be less prone to freezing.

peace
Jari

Since the patch, I also get these total freezes (offline and on-line), but they can last up to 20 to 30 seconds for me, and when the PC comes to life again, the graphics are totally messed up.
I have tried lots of graphics settings, even updated graphic drivers, but nothing has solved it yet. It's pure luck how long my races last.

since the last patch i don,t have any problem, no freezing or crashing of some sort, one thing i can think of is that the game is optimazed for nvidia so if you have an ATI it might not run as smoothly as with an nvidia graphic card.

Unfortunately i am in the same shoes as Warren and Jari, since the last patch i also have this freezes, 5-10 secs, when it comes back everything is normal again for me, "only" the freezed time is lost... also updated drivers, played with graphic settings both in Windows and ingame, nothing helps. Running Vista 64 bit, 9800 GX2, and usually even at max settings i have fps above 200...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.5%