1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

• Jamie Valentine

Need some help folks, today I went to run some laps with GTR Evo and Race 07, but before Steam would let me start either of them it updated to the latest Patch and my problem is now when I click to start it just shuts my PC down like you unpluged it..

This doesnt happen with any other of my Sims such as RFactor or IRacing, even all other games work fine,

Just GTR and Race 07 and STCC

Here are my system specs
OS Vista Ultimate 64bit
CPU Intel X6800 Duel Core
NVidia XFX 790i Ultra MoBo
3 way BFG 280 GTX OC SLI Video cards
8 GiGs Corsair XMS Memory @ 1333
1 WD Raptor 300 GiG Hard Drive
2 150 GiG WD Raptor Hard Drives
Ultra X3 1600 Watt Power Supply
Logitec Z5500 Sound System @ 505 Watts
Viewsonic 28" LCD Monitor 3mil Response Time

• Andrew Evans

I have the same problem and my system is XP so this is not problem with Vista, maybe someone know the solution?

yes, i had this problem too.... i'm guessing its to do with the updates to draw distance for most tracks... i had mine on "very far" before the patch.... once i dropped it to "normal" the freezes went away... i didn't try "far" but then i don't have the greatest gfx card anyway.... :steve:

• Jamie Valentine

Jamie stop bumping threads that you just recently posted!

I need help with the problem I posted Bram, and I only bumped it once, Also I didnt see that in the forum rules about Bumping a thread ... But sorry if it botherd you and it wont happen again..

• Jamie Valentine

try reinstalling steam & race07 gtrevo stcc completely
that is the only thing i can think of right now

TY Chris

Ok cool im in the process now of reinstalling Steam and GTR Evo and Race07, its crazy on how it makes it to the Simbad Screen then just shuts down my PC like you pulled the plug..

• Andrew Evans

Dang didnt work, I reinstalled Steam ,GTR Evo ,Race 07 and STCC.

maybe the graphical tweaks are pushing you over the edge and borking the whole machine... mebbe try changing the video options to a lower res and see if it still happens... at least, if that's the problem, you can get in and lower some of the in-game settings before switching back....

• Jamie Valentine

maybe the graphical tweaks are pushing you over the edge and borking the whole machine... mebbe try changing the video options to a lower res and see if it still happens... at least, if that's the problem, you can get in and lower some of the in-game settings before switching back....

It could very well be the problem because i recently added the 3rd 280 GTX lastweek, but now I have 2 factors here adding the 3rd video card and the latest GTR Patch, I had no problems running GTR with 2 way SLI but maybe 3 way is a problem..

LOL Now im really stumped :disapointed:

Hope someone can help me.. I updated both STCC and GTR Evo within Steam. When I try to start the game it shows me the config panel for my graphics. Ok, used to that and clicked ok. Normally after that I could start the game. Now it just shows that config panel over and over again.

I read about the new folder and I put all the dirs in that as well. The only thing I can think of.. my 'My documents' is on a server (network location) because that one gets automatic backups etc. I use Vista but never had any problems. Would be great if someone had a suggestion about something I could try.

For now I couldn't say anything else then a lousy job testing before releasing. I want to drive :)

Hey, I just noticed something added that's pretty nifty. If you go into the options menu, there will be a button at the bottom saying "Open User Folder." If you click on that, it temporarily exits the game and opens the root folder. Once you close it, the game opens again. You guys can say Goodbye to Alt-Tabbing! :D

That's exactly what I try. But it keeps popping up the screen configuration panel. No game. Same when I try to launch STCC or RACE07 from Steam. Really weird.

Have you checked to make sure that the highlighted screen resolution in the config screen is the same as your desired monitor resolution. I know that is pretty basic, but I had this happen to me once. Make sure all other settings are correct too before hitting accept. Worth a double check.

Ozboz try the following steps please:
  • Go to your steamfolder: X:\Steam
  • Delete the file: AppUpdateStats.blob
  • Delete the file: ClientRegistry.blob
  • Close Steam
  • Restart Steam
  • Fill in username and password (be sure you have them before deleting the two blob files)
  • Steam will update your game again to the latest patch and most of the time this solves any problem

The graphics quality and things is much better.
But i keep getting black screens in the middle of a race now. Last for about 5 secs and the car freezes on track. This happened last night and ended with a few people driving into my frozen car. Not good at all

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%