F1 2010 Your Career

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Sorry if someone has already made something like this, but how are you doing in career?

What season are you in, what team do you drive for? Who is your main rival and how is your team mate doing?

At the moment i am in the middle of Q2 at Budapest what i think is my 3rd season. I am driving for force india. My team mate does alright in Quali, but doesnt finish well in the race.

After the race i will post the Drivers chamiponship standers and the constructers championship standings on here.

A quick question, do teams have good and bad parts of the season? Or if you do well in a team the next season they are a bit stronger? As when you finish a season well the race engineer says something like, you have put us in a better place for next season. Also i had 2 seasons with lotus, and since i left they are often getting both there cars into Q2. Also Renualt are doing very well in Quali, but bad in the race. Williams really struggle to get out of Q3. Also Red Bull are coming around 10th.

Anyway post your career stats here etc.

BTW I finally got to select my rival last night I my response to the three choices I was given was WTF? After 12 races, 4 races I have finished in the points (3rd in Bahrain, 5th in Turkey, 3rd in Montreal and 5th in Valencia) and sit in 8th or 9th place in the WDC. The game had me select from Alonso, Kubica or Rosberg (all guys ahead of me in the standings). Not sure if this is the norm where the game presents you with rivals who are ahead of you, or maybe it gave me these options because I already accepted a contract extension with HRT as the #1 driver for a second year. I chose to extend with HRT for two reasons. I figured why lose the R&D upgrades while I am still learning, but also I figure it would be easier to build my reputation level driving another year at HRT. If I stick to playing F1 2010 and not buy F1 2011, I would like to drive for Williams next and I blame Steve Stoops from his "Career on Expert" videos for influencing me to stay with the lower tier team while I work on my rep level. LOL

Oh I selected Alonso as the rival. I am NOT a Alonso fan or a Ferrari fan, but if I was to beat the one eye browed freak, it would be nice to kick him out of the game for a season or two while I team up with Massa. But I doubt I will beat Alonso. He is faster than me (hangs head in shame) and has a 58 point lead on me with 7 races to go.

I did the same as you My993C2, stayed with HRT my second season as like you I got them upgrades I want a season with them :D I was also given the same 3 choices and choose Rosberg (better chance of beating him) but I refused HRT contract for 3rd year and was pretty buggered I thought because no other teams offered me anything. At Yas Marina after 2 season's no offer's thought my game was over after race I had beaten Rosberg as rival and had 5 offer's william's was one but also Mercedes because I had whooped Nico in point's so took it and I am now with Merc, HRT - Merc lol sweet :D

Oh I selected Alonso as the rival. I am NOT a Alonso fan or a Ferrari fan, but if I was to beat the one eye browed freak, it would be nice to kick him out of the game for a season or two while I team up with Massa. But I doubt I will beat Alonso. He is faster than me (hangs head in shame) and has a 58 point lead on me with 7 races to go.

I'm not an Alonzo fan either as I have absolutely zero respect for the little weasel... That's why I choose him as my rival in season 2 and beat him... For season 3, I accepted a Ferrari contact as their number 2... It will be my pleasure to thoroughly thump him next season and bump him down to the driver 2 spot mid-season...

My biggest gripe with the game is the AI pit stop logic (or lack thereof)... WTF, why is it when you have a 20 second lead over the field, come in for a pit stop in the lead, then exit the pits in 20+ position!!!! I have modified my pit strategy to NOT pit on the recommended lap by the AI in the Pit Stop Race Strategy screen... This gets me in before / after the rest of the field...

I have noticed if I drop or increase my strategy by one lap I tend to get good result's and avoid most pit problem's as they only seem to happen when I go with Rob the knob's strategy, I am sure Ferrari are paying him back hander's to ruin my race, he always talk's about Ferrari and Alonso (I think he loves him) which make's me suspicious !

Now on my second season (got the job with Toro Rosso), and just finished Malaysia. Picked up 4th in Bahrain, just missed the points with 11th in Melbourne, and got 10th in Malaysia. I'm finding that, sure enough, a better car has given me the ability to move up on opponents by driving a consistent race, whereas the Virgin just got left alone if they got around me (Though I do really miss that red and black livery and the sans-shark fin body).

Malaysia was especially satisfying, as it was the first race I ran without the dynamic racing line. Cars seemed to pull away more when they passed me, which was disconcerting and makes me think I might need the line after all. But then again I was running with the top teams, so I guess it makes sense. Maybe Shanghai will let me see if I can gain ground on the teams close to me.

Malaysia was especially satisfying, as it was the first race I ran without the dynamic racing line. Cars seemed to pull away more when they passed me, which was disconcerting and makes me think I might need the line after all.

Lose the line .. in time you will learn where the racing line is.

There is the post patch "puddles fix" mod that that brings back the rubbered in line which can help you identify the racing line. But in all honesty, lapping fast is about momentum through the corners. Lapping fast isn't about "how late can I out brake the other guy". Lapping fast is about carrying momentum through a turn onto the next straight. The sooner you are (smoothly) on the gas the faster you will be. Slow in fast out. Only when you are an ultra-advanced driver can you put "fast in fast out" to it's true test. If you are chasing a line on the track you could be hurting your momentum. The only time I use these lines is during my initial (ever so slow) laps in a TT when I am learning the track (and even then I find I am chasing the dumb line).

Lose the line.

Brake earlier during your practice sessions to "finding your turn in", "find your apex" and "find when you can get back on the gas for the next straight". It's all about momentum and carrying as much speed as you can find onto the next straight (even if it is a short straight).

I chose to extend with HRT for two reasons. I figured why lose the R&D upgrades while I am still learning, but also I figure it would be easier to build my reputation level driving another year at HRT.

Do upgrades really carry over from season to season when you stay with the same team? I'm sure I read around here or the CM forums that they all get reset at the start of each season. With 60+ hours playing I've only got as far as SPA in my first season.

I'm now in my second season. First was with Lotus, now I went to Sauber, just wanted to get into a better car :D.
The rival choice is really stupid. My candidates were also far above me (Rosberg, Kubica, Liuzzi), so I took Liuzzi with the hope of beating him (at the end I was only a few points behind him :frown:).

I am in my second season of seven and about to start Spa. I have a PS3 and to show you my level of experience, the last time I really got into a racing game was F1GP (circa 1993). And I thought that game on my 386sx was awesome :rolleyes: You live and learn.

This is my second season with Lotus, I blitzed the first WDC and look set to blitz the second (ten wins two 2nds so far). I declined the Lotus contract (twice) and have just accepted a contract with Williams. It is ridiculously and immaturely exciting to think I will soon be driving for Williams :D

I bought a steering wheel and pedals for the PS3, and they work really well. Though I'm still sticking to fully automatic as keeping on the black stuff is still enough of a challenge. I have plenty of time to work my way up to being fully manual (that's my theory anyway). But I'm enjoying it as it is which I think is what it is all about.

Ok. Here we go!
PC. Logitech Momo racing wheel.
Career year 4 of 7 (about to start the 3rd race). Since the middle of the 3rd season I post all times, results and setups I use in the respective setup threads.
So far its clear that the so called career is nothing more than a restarting seasons with common statistic only for the player.
Mine went like that: 1 season Virgin, amature/intemid - 4th, rival - Rosberg. 2 season Mercedes, interm/pro (no assists) - 1st, rival - Hamilton. 3 season Mclaren, pro/legend (no assists) - 1st, rival - Webber.
As of the end of the season I have enough reputation to sign all but the top three teams. "Surprisingly" I received offers only from virgin, HRT and Lotus and since I don't want to play with Red Bull I'm back to the beginning!
So 4 season Virgin legend, no assists but traction, full sims and here we roll. Won the first two races (respectively 7th and 5th in qualification), big fight with Webber in Shakir, overtook him in the third to last lap, led all the way in Melbourne, for whatever reason Red Bulls started poorly. First try out in Malaysia going 15th 3 seconds back from Webber.

im in my second season (of 7) driving for mclaren and im at the british gp, won both drivers and constructors in debut year, i have settings set to custom with flags set to realistic, tyer wear on and ai set to hard (thinking of setting to expert as im almost 100 pts ahead)

I am in my first season. With Lotus. All assists off. Expert AI. Driver view.

Just finished Singapore. Have been playing now and again since the game came out. I will do about 30 laps in time trial, then 30-80 laps in the three practice sessions. Then a 40% race by which time I know the track inside out.

Didn't get many points early on in the season. Was usually about 12th except Silverstone and Catalunya which wrecked me. Came second at Monaco (had to keep checking it was actually on expert and I had not accidentally changed it). 7th at Australia. 5th at Valencia. 2nd at Canada. 3rd at Hockenheim. 1st at Spa. 2nd at Monza. 2nd at Singapore (1st pole).

I now feel I have the beating of this game which is very very disappointing. The expert AI are not hard enough (except for at Catalunya). It feels wrong doing so well in a Lotus. Embarassing. I have an offer from Sauber but am beating Petrov badly so may just wait and see if Renault offer me a drive. Not too excited though reckon I can win the WDC in a Sauber/Renault which will mean season 2 = game completed. All to do then will be to get the Schumacher achievement (41 poles or something) and time trials.

Hope 2011 is harder (although I don't like the amount of stick 2010 has received it's an absolutely astounding game).

I now feel I have the beating of this game which is very very disappointing. The expert AI are not hard enough (except for at Catalunya). It feels wrong doing so well in a Lotus. Embarassing.

Do you play console or PC? If you are on the PC there are AI mods which will challenge you more. Plus they can be customized to make how the AI handles individual corners harder or easier. If you are on the console, sorry I do not think you can do much. Maybe try driving with one hand tied behind your back? Drive blind folded? How about have someone smack you every time you brake to simulate the G-Forces? haha

Ha ha Xbox 360 man. Got a sweet PC setup I built myself, overclocked i7950 4Ghz at the moment, 8GB DDR3 tripple channel. Rubbish graphics card (absolutely silent no fan - taken care of by Scythe Master fan controllers and Noctuas aaaahhhhthankyouverymuch). It's an audio PC (music engineer/producer). Think I may get a second hand GTX460 or 570 (if they come waaay down) in September for F1 2011 and switch between the cards when I'm doing audio work. I'm not sure I can even do that. An area I have not looked into. I have two monitors. Not sure if I can assign one card to each monitor and just turn the GTX460 one off when audio editing. Probably not. Probably can leave them both in PCI-E slots (won't touch the Corsair AX850 anyway) and just reset, enter bios, and change default when I want to play games. ...

I digress.....yeh PC next time I think!

EDIT/ In answer to my own post [Windows 7 graphics guide white paper] Yes unlike Vista Windows 7 supports multiple graphics drivers. You don't need the same driver, same manufacturer or anything. You can have multiple graphics cards running at once. From what I can tell you would split them into monitors as the best way to define their purpose.

I just completed the dreaded Catalunya in my 4th season out of seven.

S1:Lotus (3rd)
S2:Renault (1st)
S3:Red Bull (20th, absolutely hated the car and retired every race after the first one)
S4:Lotus (Currently 1st)

Future Plans:
S5:Mercedes
S6:McLaren
S7:McLaren

Interestingly at the start of season 4 it appears that Liuzzi in the Force India is a strong title contender qualifying either 2nd or 3rd in all races so far this season.

I am currently in my 2nd season at Belgium - Spa.
I have no Driving Assists on and my AI is on Professional.
Still I seem to almost win every race, so I guess I'm going to put it on Legend soon.

My first season was with Virgin. Took Button as my rival and got an offer from McLaren.
I became World Champion with Virgin with only like 2-3 points difference with Webber.

Now my 2nd season with McLaren is going great, even though I'm kinda dissapointed that I can win so easily on professional but okay.
I just had to take my main rival and I took Alonso because I'd love to get an offer from Ferrari.

I don't know about my future plans, maybe join a small team and try to get them to the world championship but I'd really like to drive for Mercedes GP once.

Since I'm like almost always the number 1 of the scoreboard I guess I'll just have to wait untill I get enough reputation for Mercedes GP and I can't pick Rosberg or Schumacher as rival because they don't end up at place 2, 3 or 4.

So I guess I'll have to wait untill I have enough reputation to get an offer from Mercedes GP.
I'm currently on 24, almost 25 reputation and I'm not sure how much you need to get to Mercedes GP.

Restarted twice so far. Started out with Amateur AI and as well as all the aids off to get an idea on what to do. Eventually started to win convincingly so I went Intermediate AI and that's where I am ATM. Plus TrueAI makes it better.

Oh, started with Virgin both times and ended up winning a few races...

I made it as far as Spa driving for Lotus. 5th place in WDC. Retired permanently from career mode with 2 laps left at Spa. It's just not fun. Too many bugs. The fuel, tires, weather, pitstops and probably the worst AI in any racing game since Pole Position. That catchup file is the thing that ruins it the most. The races feel completely scripted. I've tried all kinds of difficulty levels and race distances and there's just no way to make things fair and fun. You can make things more fair by playing around with the difficulty settings and race distance. But then it ruins the feeling of being in a race. It's just running laps with traffic.
How can something so good be so bad?

PS3 BTW. So no way of using mods. :frown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back