F1 2010 Your Career

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Sorry if someone has already made something like this, but how are you doing in career?

What season are you in, what team do you drive for? Who is your main rival and how is your team mate doing?

At the moment i am in the middle of Q2 at Budapest what i think is my 3rd season. I am driving for force india. My team mate does alright in Quali, but doesnt finish well in the race.

After the race i will post the Drivers chamiponship standers and the constructers championship standings on here.

A quick question, do teams have good and bad parts of the season? Or if you do well in a team the next season they are a bit stronger? As when you finish a season well the race engineer says something like, you have put us in a better place for next season. Also i had 2 seasons with lotus, and since i left they are often getting both there cars into Q2. Also Renualt are doing very well in Quali, but bad in the race. Williams really struggle to get out of Q3. Also Red Bull are coming around 10th.

Anyway post your career stats here etc.

I've just restarted a career for the second time because of corrupt saved game problems, I'm in my first season of a 3 season career with Williams. Just finished Monaco where I was second; currently second a few points behind Vettel in the standings.

My only assists are traction control on medium and race line on corners. AI on legend and I have tire sim on and fuel sim off. Oh I'm on xbox too. Enjoying it so far, but I'm half expecting another corrupt saved game at some point.

Just began playing again with the RDD 2009 Overhaul mod. Im at my second race in Kuala Lumpur (2009 Calander) with Torro Rosso.

Only have Racing line on, AI on Pro, Fuel and Tire sim on andno flashbacks.

First race didnt go so well, wet Q so i got pole (im always waaay faster then AI in wet) then halfway trough the race i spun into the wall and crashed, so i became last :(

Surprise surprise, tried to load the game to do Istanbul qualifying and had a message saying the saved game is corrupt. Don't know whether to just get rid of the game now, really annoying. I'm not going to bother doing any more careers now.

So I guess I'll have to wait untill I have enough reputation to get an offer from Mercedes GP.
I'm currently on 24, almost 25 reputation and I'm not sure how much you need to get to Mercedes GP.

31. I doubt that you would be able to get an offer before season 4 and for driver 2.

Surprise surprise, tried to load the game to do Istanbul qualifying and had a message saying the saved game is corrupt. Don't know whether to just get rid of the game now, really annoying. I'm not going to bother doing any more careers now.

Had the same problem. Luckily had a backup of the save. And the problem was fix with the patch and some fix I found here in the forum downloads.

Nice, i am still in season 1 with Lotus at Valecnia. (I started again to play on Expert). Ive been on Valencia for a while now, on P2 because of me being very Busy. On the primes i am getting around 12th, when i think everyone else is on the options. For me expert is too easy, even using a controller. I want to be racing right at the bottem, seeing i am a lotus.

I recently finished the first year of a five year career with Sauber, hadn't gone them before. Chose Hamilton as my rival and beat him by a few points in the Championship, finishing second to Webber. I got back to the agent screen and had offers from Lotus, Virgin and Mclaren. Suffice to say I chose Mclaren lol.

Second season is going well, I'm leading the WDC by 40 points going into Monaco but I think it's a bit too easy now. I'm on custom difficulty, my only assists are TC on medium and auto gears, AI is legend, plus fuel sim off.

cmblade: How are Ferrari? It's looking like my rival is either going to be Massa or Alonso, was planning to go there for a year and then Williams until the game finishes.

There is no such thing as "my career", this game doesn't allow that! 3 times world champion, for the third time save game destroyed. I don't do career mode anymore! and if you want to play online you need to do patch, which destroys graphics! This was the last time that I pre-order or even bought Codemasters game! Shame on You!

First Season - Lotus, I finished in 8th place in the championship.
Second Season - Force India, 3rd place in the championship.
Third Season - McLaren, World Champion.

I went back to play this week, I'll start a new gameplay with the mod 2009

I restarted the game so many times I lost count. But one time before I installed any mods, I won the Drivers Championship in an HRT. The last race though I sabotaged Alonso by swerving into him and snapping off his front wing =D. My last game I finished 3rd in standings with HRT, won the championship in season 2 with Toro Rosso, and was leading championship with Force India at Valencia before I got bored, then I restarted it to my current game, Lotus season 1. Won at Bahrain, 3rd in Australia after risky tire strategy. Difficulty set to Expert

Finished 12th in Valencia yesterday with my lotus (1st season, expert difficulty). I am dissappointed, i was 10th and on the last lap i ran out of fuel.i also got a drive thru penalty and i had to stay longer in the pits to replace my wing. So 12th isnt that bad seeing all of the events that happened. BTW i do 50% races.

Going to try and do silverstone today :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%