XD kills Race 07!

My install on Win7 has been running fantastically, until just the other day. It started crashing/minidump on startup for no reason at all, I had not made any changes to the game and had been driving regularly. I re-installed, added my favorite addons but no mods or tracks and bang, minidump again. I went through the folder and when I removed XD it ran fine. I love XD, especially the latest version. I tried to install XD again today and it does the crash bit.

Any clues?

Tim Ling, It's not right yet. Jari Aikio gave me some information the other day, he had the same problem when he installed Win 8 as a dual boot on his machine and he says the two Wins were the cause.

I have a dual boot using two HD's and have yet to pull them out and reposition them so the old XP isn't connected. Maybe try that today.

You won't believe this!
XD on the old drive had a modified ini file to move the displays to the bottom center of the screen. Rather than go into the new ini and change a few numbers I copied the old one into the Win7 game, CRASH! So, I remove it and place the original one back from the desktop, CRASH, so I remove the dll and the ini = game runs. I again copy the dll from the XP drive and paste it in Win7, just like last time = CRASH!

was thinking on downloading this to try but dont need any hassles with it so may leave it till next time. looks like a handy tool :whistling:

Last night I tried to disconnect my old HD with win XP in it. Win 7 is on a different drive. With it disconnected I went into the bios and put the the 7 drive in the boot lineup.

The system refuses to boot without the old XP drive active! What am I missing?

You place the extracted file in your Race07 folder. Make sure you've downloaded and installed the directx.

It's all in the instructions. When you next start the sim, you'll see it.

To fix my problem, I've been told I have to re-partition and add a boot sector or something. I'll get to it when my league races are over as it sounds messy.

Yeah. If you were booting off the physically seperate HD with XP on it, the the HD with Win 7 wouldn't have a boot sector. Re-partitioning can be dangerous. You MIGHT be better re-installing Win 7, sadly. Of course, if you're going to re-install anyhow, you may as well try re-partitioning with a boot-sector. Nothing to lose really, because if it fails you'll just have to re-install Win 7. ;)

It's been a while now. I've gone all this time without XD.
Yesterday one of our drivers, Jean-Pierre Blanchy, remembered I was stuck after one of his drivers remembered that he had the same problem with GTR2. The problem has been fixed, MSI Afterburner is no longer on my HD and Race 07 runs XD!

If you're unfamiliar with XD and want to know what it does and how it can help you go here to check it out.

So why did this happen to me? Since this is all began almost two years ago I can only think....after moving to Win 7 I replaced Rivatuner[used for fan speed control] with MSI Afterburner but didn't get it all up and running at once so when I made the one change to it, that killed XD. I had no idea what had caused it. As in, I made a change and didn't go right to Race 07 instantly seeing a change in the games loading behavior.

Strange, when JP told me about MSI I tried turning it off and couldn't, it was always affecting XD for R07! Only uninstalling it would make the problem go away. So I have rplaced MSI AB with EVGA;'s version of Rivatuner for fan control but it also kills XD unless I start it after I go into R07.

EVGA's Precison x gives me screenshot capability along with fan control but no video capture. MSI AB had a very nice vid caprure, but. So, the good news = I have XD, the bad news = still looking for a good replacement for MSI's AB.

I never used MSI Afterburner and don't know which ddl it uses.
But after having a look on the Web, guess which one is also used by MSI Afterburner ????

D3D9 dll .... same as ... XD and some other tools.

And once again a new conflict.

I don't know how to manage this possibility but it might work:

In GTR2 for example using XD together with Map Plugin ... using both this d3d9.dll and a simple ( hum !!! for the one who knows how to do it ) config ini file + renaming one of the 2 used dll allowed to use both tools.

I have no pc knowledge enough ... but is it possible to do something like that in order to operate MSI Afterburner + XD at the same time ???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back