XD kills Race 07!

My install on Win7 has been running fantastically, until just the other day. It started crashing/minidump on startup for no reason at all, I had not made any changes to the game and had been driving regularly. I re-installed, added my favorite addons but no mods or tracks and bang, minidump again. I went through the folder and when I removed XD it ran fine. I love XD, especially the latest version. I tried to install XD again today and it does the crash bit.

Any clues?

Jim, 9.0c was installed when I first had the problem, re-installed with the new Race install and again at your request. It doesn't matter if I install the 9.0c before or after putting XD in the game. Pulling the d3d9.dll solves the problem every time.. :sick:

XD worked well for me in XP and in Win7 until it began crashing it.
I just deleted all the XP on the PC, fresh download and install, crash!

If this is a 9.0c issue, it seems to be, what can I do to clean out the old one completely and install a new, hopefully clean one?

Did you also delete the XD config file aswell Dennis.. (sorry if its a silly question)
i had made this error myself before..:redface:

The config file could cause the problem as Rupe has pointed out. You can just move it from the folder and it will be recreated when you start the game again, if that solves it you could then compare the two to see which config settings caused the problem. Of course if you deleted the dll AND the config file originally the above is pointless.

I highly recommend XD to anyone who has not yet tried it.

I have a hard time believing the dll is bad from the XD site. I did download the file at least three times though, same for the directx. I can believe that I did something different when installing that last time and got it right Even though I've gone thru this simple install so many times over the years I might have gotten it wrong somehow, consecutively! :O_o:

You won't believe this!
XD on the old drive had a modified ini file to move the displays to the bottom center of the screen. Rather than go into the new ini and change a few numbers I copied the old one into the Win7 game, CRASH! So, I remove it and place the original one back from the desktop, CRASH, so I remove the dll and the ini = game runs. I again copy the dll from the XP drive and paste it in Win7, just like last time = CRASH!

Figure?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back