RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified in a surprising 3rd place. I had worked on a porsche setup earlier in the day and leading up to the race but switched to Stefans ferrari setup a few mins before qualy.

Race 1: A grand total of 3 crashes for me on the first lap, and a new personal record. At the start Eric N. jumps by me right away and moves into 3rd. In t2 I see the accident happening but there isnt much I can do to keep from hitting Stefan. I almost make it through but I make contact and slide through the grass where I cant hold on to the car and start to slide back onto the track. Im thinking oh man this is going to be bad. I barely miss Eric N. and Peter, but Justin slams into my right rear causing me to lose my rear wing and give me a flat right rear. I drive away not realizing I have a flat and lose rear end grip in the esses and spin right in to Eric E. who was still recovering from the t1 crash. When im on the straight I spin again trying to make my pit settings. Eventually I get it to the pits and get back out there finishing a lap down. Im sorry to everyone whos race I messed up.

Race 2: Completely different story for race 2. In race 1 I had the entire race to get used to the car and made some small adjustments for race 2. Started 2nd and had the lead into t2. I pushed hard to try and create some space between me and the rest of the field. A couple of laps in and I had a comfortable lead that I was able to manage. The only big scare was an nvidia blackout late in the race. Luckily It didnt last as long as usual and I was able to carry on with the win.

Thanks Stefan and Keith for sharing your setups and Eric for putting together fun races.

Heres a video of my first lap crash from mine and Peters car.

I think all RD Race events have the auto-gearbox off... will restrain myself of typing about the short-comes of auto-gearing :redface:, but I hope the fact that it is off won't be a show-stopper for you (or anyone else):wink:.

Oh really?! All RD events are auto Gear enabled, but is it disabled for this event? If so i have to resign, using manual gearing with Keyboard is a pain lol.

just a lil question aabout some tracks that could potentially be used in arc - how about the tracks by motorfx on nogrip?
the 1970s tracks like monza spa69 charade nordschlief and a bunch of others?

Frst time that i write something after race, but this time i must.
Thank to all drivers and RD for organize really funny race.
A special thank to Nick Delay. First race we fight for more than 20 minutes, really funny.And second race he give me your position in last meters of track.Gentleman really.
Ciao, Marco and sorry for my bad English...

... All RD events are auto Gear enabled, but is it disabled for this event? If so...
No,no... Sorry, likely I wasn't clear. It is the other way around, well at least it was like that before I went into vacations at the end of the last month and I think it keeps being the same today.
RD has events with quite a few simulations (GTR2, rF, RACE just to name a few), in a few of them it is accepted auto-gear, but for most RACE events (Race On, Evo and such) usually (most of them/all I know of) the auto-gearing is not allowed. The main reason isn't the auto-gear itself (the car is slower so...) but usually the auto-gear is "associated" with a lower in-game reality level likely removing, or reducing effects like mechanical failures, collision effects and such.

Anyway, it looks like you have a wheel without (or non working shifter/s)... Even without spending any €$£§ it should be possible to find an old Joystick and use it has a gear shifter. Just a suggestion/idea... :wink:

Oh man! What an event!

Qualy: I just couldn't manage better than 2:19 something so started off somewhere back there

R1: Got off to a decent start but then fell to 10th or 11th and then got a stop and go for cutting lol. Bad race. Then over shot the straight and serious head on collision - BAM!

R2: Battled for 7th for a bit but then over shot the straight away and fell to 10th. INTENSE chase with Marco for 8th pretty much the whole race. Sorry for the bump that one time Marco. A LOT of fun. Managed a 2:16 sometime during R2 - which is good enough for me hehehe.

Glad to see myself getting better over time and starting to hang around instead of being lost in the back haha!

Thanks RD and Remco.

This is my favourite mod of the year so far! A big improvement on last year in my opinion, especially the high-res skins. The cars also handle as i would imagine a V8 supercar would in real-life; quite 'weighty' and take an age to reach the apex after turn-in, but still very driveable.

Race 1: Qualie p2, made an ok start but Marcin had a bad one. Led for around half a lap before being tapped 2 or 3 times and back down to 4th behind James. He drove a good defensive race, and although i had the run on him a couple of times, i just couldn't pass. Eventually, he made a mistake and i set about catching Yves & Marcin up front.

Race 2: Made another decent start, but ran into Nick on the last turn- jumpy lag has the blame there. Luckily, we both continued relatively unscathed. Had a nice battle with Nick for a couple of laps and then tried to catch the leaders up. Had a moment after t1, followed by some of my own lag troubles, which lost me around 10s (luckily didn;t inconvenience anyone) so i couldn;t join the fun ahead.

Nice racing guys, hope to have some more with this mod in future! Thanks Remco also.

One final note about tongihts race.

When you run a hot lap in quali you must attempt to make the start / finish Chicane for your lap to count.

Should you choose to BOMB it at the line you will be DQ'd and will have to re-enter the race to qualify.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back