RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Many of us are familiar with the below data, yet maybe a few aren't so here it stays for everyone; engine mapping for GT2:

GT2_997_430.JPG

The engine life value is just one of the variables that commands the engine durability in game, perhaps the most important (in this case it shown the LifetimeEngineRPM in-game variable that together with LifetimeOilTemp, LifetimeAvg, LifetimeVar dictate the engine starting durability).

What is its practical use?..​
Well if you stay below/near that rpm (and the engine isn't too hot), in game you will manage to get the maximum distance/time of that same engine (as everything, the end will come :D).
So this means one has to be all times below/near that rpm?..
No. :)
However, if you do it, likely your car would do 6hrs+ event without a problem... :cool:

Since this is an only about 3hrs event; yes you guessed it, it is all about management. Go above to get that extra hp at a given circumstance, save the engine at other times for potential opportunities.

For those of you who like the information even more "chewed"; keep engine oil temperature below/near "hot" (want a value? 95ºC), avoid gearbox engine braking that will take the car above the life time variable (like many do in sprint races and this is the main engine killer in long distance races) and avoid long periods above that same rpm value.

--------

I see that there are yet 3 places to take in the GT2 server... 3 Fiat are up to take...:tongue:
First the mod... the mod is very easy to install and it doesn't conflict with anything I know about.:)
Is it "real"?.. Well, both cars exhibit behaviors typical of what was/is expected/known of them in RL. But... yes, there are some problems/shortcomes... but one thing is sure, it is fun and not too farfetched.:wink:

The 430 is the quickest... in a direct few laps contest, the 430 virtual racer has a quicker machine than the 997 one. Has everything there is a trade-of, the nervous nature of the virtual 430 engine mapping, plays against it in endurance racing. Although the 430 surely can be a winner at an endurance event (after all it is quicker), its own engine nature invites engine "burn" easier than with the 997.
So don't be "afraid" to take those last 430, as in every endurance event, it is all about consistency, brain and some luck (or lack of bad luck as you wish:wink:).
If a 430 virtual racer is given a 50% engine health at start, he is in for a calm but not lost race.
If he gets the "jackpot", a 100% health engine start, together with some management, he has the race in its hands since he has the quickest car and some room to manage the engine over the about 3hrs.
A final "word" for the 997... although a bit slower over a few laps, with its endurance friendlier engine mapping the things might be more pointed to a sure arrival at the end. But it isn't all easy, far from it... The 997 with its nice Porsche physics (RWD, rear engine), will be "fun" after a few laps, specially if the tarmac temperature is high. It will be a Zen exercise not to light-up the rear of the 997 in a few corners... although one has to admit that it is fun (to light the rear that is) :cool:

cheers,

i don't think its the track. Ive just downloaded it and am getting the same problem, could it be the mod has it updated at all

Yeah you're right. It's not the track. Tried a re-install as I downloaded it when it was originally released but it's made no difference.

I've only downloaded the mod today, which is V1.04 (Uploaded a week ago).. so yes there has been an update. Could be the server not running the latest version?

Automatic gearbox is disabled at practice server, will be disabled at race aswell ?? :O
I think all RD Race events have the auto-gearbox off... will restrain myself of typing about the short-comes of auto-gearing :redface:, but I hope the fact that it is off won't be a show-stopper for you (or anyone else):wink:.
A question for the guys that have done these races before: is bake wear an issue? As in: Should I reduce the brake pressure?
Im racing the corvette, GT Pro.
Optimal brake temperatures are always good... So perhaps, more important than brake pressure, the brake vents optimal setting is more to question.

Just make sure the brakes have time to cool of a bit on the straights and that they don't go much above 500ºC (let us say, avoid big time going to 600ºC) at the highest brake demanding points on track (1 or maybe2 places only on this track I think).

Ideally the brakes should arrive at the braking point just a little bit below optimal braking temperature, climb to that same optimal temperature (a little above when you start to let go), than cool down for the next hard braking point... repeat process :wink:
But that is all too much work since we don't have an army of engr. working with us...:tongue:

Obviously you can go the empiric way also... just do 40 laps (or even the 80) and see if they go all the way without a significant performance drop.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes