RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Man, I really can't believe I did that. In both races after 10 minutes with big gaps to Eric. I pretty much had race 2 in the bag and then I went off 4 times within a lap losing a good 30 seconds or so. I have the pace, but I just can't seem to hold it together here lately. If I keep going like I am they are going to have to rename the "Barrick" to the "Werner!" lol

Any ways, congrats to both Eric and Keith on their wins.

Some very solid runs Eric. I did have a faster car than you, but I was making mistakes left and right throughout much of both races and I was no match for your consistency here today.

Stefan dont feel bad, my first year at RD i literally could not shake the "Barrick" curse. It still comes around from time to time, but its part of being a racer....you cant have perfect mistake free races too often because it ends up like borrowing money on your credit card...you have to pay with interest :)

Anyways was a great event, thanks RD, and ARC staff.

Also Eric.....i think when you called me the other day you stole some of my Mojo....i want it back....expect a phone call very soon.

Now this is weird,

I googled and found sb who had the same problem which occurred bc there was a car he had not installed! Since I had not installed the Porsche & Ferraris, I figured I might go ahead and do that!

I did and nothing!!! Still the same error :(

Wanted to try these Monday nights here as the Clio had caught my interest. Unfortunately they clash with my current GTL cs but as the lobby was down I thought I'd jump in and give it a go.

Not raced Race07 much and my first time in the V8s and at Abu Dhabi, so I was happy to tootle along at the back for race 1. Used the default setup with one click off front arb to help get the nose into those tight corners.

I always find keeping traction and feeling what's going on while braking/cornering difficult in this sim as that floaty effect kicks in and I overshot a couple of braking zones. By race 2 I'd learned that slower was definitely quicker and as things felt better I was able to contend a few positions.

Thanks for the racing guys and hope to see you agian.

Yes, you do need to respect these old things with braking in time and then keeping the balance all the way through the corner till apex, then slam that right foot down :)

what sort of brake balance did you guys run? I run quite heavy on the rear compared to the default and need to manually "drag blip" the downshifts to prevent too much locking of the rears. This allows me to run a little deeper into the braking area whilst not killing the front tyres in the process. Backfire here is if I get the blips wrong I loose the rear end ...

I ran 61-39 (f-r) if i remember correctly, or something like that. Did find the rear coming round under the longer braking distances, so I had to quickly come off the brakes to blip the throttle, or just lift off the brakes for a split second to stop it from spinning.

Also, found the Holden was drifting over to the left. The Ford didn't do that. I did check the controller settings and it was dead on center. Not sure if anyone else got that.

Mayby some one know this ? :
When i use cockpit view, most of the car is transparent.
If tested this on multiple car, and i have the problem with all of those.
i've reinstalled the mod, and that still did not fix it ?
Mayby its a setting somewhere ?
Any one an idea ?

Hey guys, I'm really sorry but I won't be able to make this one. I have another school camp on the weekend that I really want to go to... shame as this is one of my favourite tracks. With a larger grid than the last event on Bridgehampton, it should be epic. Ah well, if it makes the cut for ATCC, I'll be racing it again before the year is out!

Sorry again Eric, and I hope you guys have a blast... :D

MiniFriday1.png

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT MINI

Class:
Mini Cooper
Track:
Road America (default track)
Weather:
Dry

Official Practice: 19:00GMT,
30 minutes
Qualification:
10 minutes (superpole)
Warm-up:
5 minutes
Race:
19:45 GMT, 60 minutes Enduro

Sim settings

• Auto gears - OFF
Remember, this is a 1 hour race. You will not win this event in the first corner.

If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts (19:25 GMT). If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entry list

1. Afonso Meirelles
  2. Linus Broström
  3. Marco Sbordoni
  4. Philip Antonia
  5. Afonso Meirelles
  6. Jesper Taulborg
  7. Nisse Andersson
  8. Nathan Magrath
  9. Dan Allinson
  10. Bram Hengeveld
  11. Adam Vaughan