RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

first of all it was nice to have a field of 20 drivers, thanks to everyone that showed up :good:

Qualy: i kinda was careful but it was good enuff for third place

race 1: had the usual bimmer start and was first at T1 with Keith breathing down my neck for a few laps then i looked in my mirror and saw Keith spin which gave me a gab of over 3 sec. then came the pitstop don't know what happened but when i hit the brakes at the pit entrance the car pulled right into the tyres giving Keith the lead. we came out very close and i felt i was able to pass him but i made a mistake and spun :disapointed: from there it got worse, when i came back on track i got hit on the back ( might be my fault ) and got suspension damage and the car wasn't the same after. anyway i ran out of fuel on the last lap :rotfl:

race 2: was starting from second place and got first place at T1. from there it was a lonely race so i just had to manage my race and finish it which i did with 20 something sec infront of second place.

Didn't exactly cover myself in glory for my 1st race with RD, I thought I'd try the E90 for a bit of RWD excitement - with hindsight, probably a dubious decision for a beginner...
Warren - thanks for the advice afterwards, more rear wing would have prevented so much sliding and FWD cars were probably more suitable for this track in any case.

On the plus side though, it was great to finally race with you guys. Great competetive atmosphere, friendly folks on TS (Olaf - apologies for the shunt in race 2!), and a refreshing lack of drama, unlike the usual MP experience :peace:

Right then back to practicing for me.... :car2:

Absolutely amazed with the turnout of this event. I cant say enough for the friday night fun these create for me.

Decided to use the BMS and use Sean Vohs skin cause its killer. Had a hard time taminig it, but found for this track the damper settings needed to be soft. Car ended up being kick ass in the end and will defintely use again.

Quali: Nailed my lap with a 1:05.3xx which was a PB and good enough for pole.

Race 1: Got a decent start but Yves had a better one at T1 we were side by side, and going on the side of caution i left lots of room to prevent any incident. yves carried on in the lead. and I followed really close for 10 laps when I got loose and went off track. Yves pulled quite a bit ahead. On lap 11 we were both headed for the pits and I noticed yves stopped at pit entrance. He had downshifted too fast and hit the pit wall. This got me in before him and we raced off pit road. I left the pits leading with yves hot on my tail. Roughly 5 corners later yves caught a curb and went around. This left me to run the remainder of the race on my own. Finished P1.

Race 2: Starting 8th, i got a wicked start thanks to RWD. ran up the middle and was sitting 4th entering T1 and slipped to 5th exiting as Gary held tight to the inside. Nice tight pack from 1st to 8th. Headed into the last corner, Kieran got loose and Gary checked up which allowed me to get a run and get by Gary. Then into T1 I pushed deep into the brake zone and got by Kieran to get P3. Now chasing Timmy down i get up on his bumper and headed into T7 on lap 3 i put alot of pressure on him and he went slightly wide which allowed me to get by in T8. I then was pushing to catch yves who was 4 secs ahead. Lap 4 I ran a 1:05.6 and closed to gap to 3 seconds. then exiting T1 I went wide lost control and hit a marshall stand and was done.

Id like to say well done to Warren who had a rollercoaster race of ups and downs as I watched him most after I was out. Also well done to rafael who had a good overall run too. And well done to all who participated.

Thanks Yves and RD for the event.

Keith

Id like to say well done to Warren who had a rollercoaster race of ups and downs

Rollercoaster was a very apt description, so much action it was hard to keep the report short enough.

What a great turnout, 20 cars in this action packed STCC event on a very exciting track. A really big mix of cars too made it more interesting. I used my S60 Volvo again, with another "lucky" RPM skin from Jarrod. The S60 actually felt ok on these sweeping turns, provided I drove it properly.

Qualified P4, quite good in this company of Aliens. Keith's time was incredible. :clap:

Race 1: Shocker of a start dropped me to P8 by turn 1. Settled behind Tim, who I would spend lots of close racing with in both races :) . Just as I was planning a move on Tim, I put a tyre onto the grass verge of the right hand sweeper, and spun off, dropping places to William and Raphael. Pitstop went ok, but another bad spin on lap 12 put me into a dog-fight with Laurence and Gary. Somehow in the last lap, 3 cars went off or ran out of fuel, gifting me P3.

Race 2: Even more action. Before the start, Gary's Pug was dropped on top of my S60, and then bounced into a spot right on my tail. Very weird and hugely unlucky for Gary.
Again the S60 was a slug off the line, so I dropped to P7 by turn 1. I soon moved to P4 and was pressuring Laurance, but couldn't find a clean pass. While waiting for an opportunity, Ryan cut inside and nudged me off track to pass (hmmmn!! ). Another good pitstop saw me out behind Andy who was obviously struggling with the Beemer to keep it under control. While I was blocked behind Andy, Ryan and Laurance slipped past me, but then became locked behind Andy. Ryan hit Laurance taking both of them out. Fortunately, Andy pitted giving me much needed clean air in P4 but I blew that by spinning off at the sweeper again :doh: . That let Tim through, and Raphael had an unfortunate touch on me, spinning me again off track . (No problem Raphael, I was a bit slower at that moment and probably contributed). Raphael was a gentleman and waited, but Ryan and Rhys had now passed us both.I caught and passed Rhys and then had another exciting dice behind Tim, who was doing a mighty job with his Seat having no front end :good: . Ryan spun off and crossed the track across both of us, giving me the chance to pass Tim. Very unlucky for Tim. I then held off Ryan to to finish P2.

What an eventul couple of races, resulting in two podiums and the overall win. Of course, only thanks to some incredible luck spiced with some perseverence.

Grats to Keith and Yves for the race wins. :highfive:

These STCC events just keep getting more popular, and they offer some of the most interesting racing at RD. :beer:

Qualifying: P14, I think. I couldn't have done any better.

Race 1: Was caught up in the big incident at turn 1, straight into the tyrewall. However, I was able to pass other people who had spun off as the race wore on. I was on the verge of the top 10 when Ryan pulled a suicidal move and knocked me off at T1. Ryan, please take more care next time. Thank you for waiting, but there is such a thing as being too aggressive. :neutral: I was able to finish 10th after passing some crashed and retired cars.

Race 2: Great start, and went up to P8. I climbed up the field till my pitstop, by which time I was in P2. Had some great dices with Warren and was able to finish 4th.

Great racing as usual guys, and had some good times with Olly, Andy and Bob in TeamSpeak. See you next week! :thumb:

Great racing as usual guys, and had some good times with Olly, Andy and Bob in TeamSpeak. See you next week! :thumb:

More people should join TeamSpeak during the race. It was a blast.

I still can't believe that I finished 12/20 and 7/18 in touring cars!!!!!! I want to thank Eric for choosing such a great race course. You consistently choose and organize great events. Thankyou for all your hard work!!!!!!

7th - I keep pinching myself :rotfl:

Fun track but I didn't have a good setup, I made some late changes with no testing and it seemed to help my pace a lot.

Race one: I have to apologise to Rhys here cause we had some contact at Turn 1 and it sent him a little wide, at the time with all the mayhem going on I wasn't sure what happened. Very Sorry Rhys. I then drove an up and down first few laps having problems getting a rythm and timing some turn in points. I was able to settle down and drove up to second, were on the start of the last lap I ran out of gas. Stupid for not testing that better.
Race 2, I had all kinds of problems - and then an internet disconnect. I couldn't even get connected to the internet again until now - 4 hours later. Rough night and I saw a lot of crashing, but I still had some fun laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back