RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

Had to laugh when I saw Andrew commit Hari Kari into the wall of tyres on the last corner.

arf! you called it mate... :thumb:

by that point, on whatever lap it was, i'd just lost all enthusiasm or motivation for the event...

decent stint before that... was running 8th at one point in a nice battle with croucher, lew and a coupla others... got a horrendous lag spike at t1 which resulted in a rummage thru the sand... dropped about 5 places and that pished me off somewhat...

i also spent 20 minutes trying to get the attention of someone on server 1... even a kick didn't work initially... please pay attention to chat and make sure you've got it enabled on track... i think this contributed quite a bit towards not getting into the feel of the evening cause i never got to settle in afore q....

also, whichever mccoll it was, i don't care who - you came flying out of the pits (limiter???) and then proceeded to try and stay in front of me coming at you on a hot lap... ruined it, actually.... so please try and use a bit more awareness about joining the circuit... make sure you've got the track map enabled and you use yer mirrors...

tbh, i much preferred the rewind format from last week... feeling pretty bummed with the whole enduro thing atm... not sure how many more i can be arsed to run... not ranting, or looking to start a fan club... just saying...

I prefer two short races rather than one long too Andrew. Three is too many.

Perhaps run them alternately?

Perhaps if we run two races, at least one of them should be a track we've used before/default track to cut down on the amount of practice peeople have to put in. Some people won't have the time.

• Andrew Evans

welp, the three races last week were structured to take the same amount of time as the enduro would... it was dandy... plus, 3 hours for an event is the standard upper limit... (ie. not too long)

also, people shouldn't need to practice endlessly for a club race... it's just for fun... most of the time i don't even run the track after a coupla sighting laps when i'm picking it...

I dont think there's too much you can do about the hotlaps...
Everyone kinda goes nuts at the start, throwing down some times in each class. Then as the week goes on, people figure they've done the best times they can do and don't worry about it anymore.

Hope someone is gonna join me at the back of the Mustang pack tomorrow!!

I actually liked this track ... had a gritty "northern town" feel to it so reminded me of home :D

Could not find anything like forerunner pace, nor a setup so just went with the cobbled mess I came up with :)

Race went good until I pitted ... had got myself a buffer and into 5th place I think it was, and was looking at chasing down David in front of me ... had just an excellent duel with Pascal for many laps too, he proved again what a perfect gent he is - nice one dude ... great driving, and thanks for letting me back past after the only slight bump I remember in all those laps:good:
All the while I had Pascal on my tail I was looking to get past Adrian who was just quick enough to stay ahead but slow enough to be holding us up. Had a passing opportunity once or twice but was blocked ... finally double bluffed him and got under at T1 :wink2:

Anyway ... I stuffed my pit up, lost at least 10 or 15 seconds cos I missed my damn pit box, then I stalled it and couldn't get it started again :rolleyes:
... so when I rolled out I was near the back of the pack with a lot of ground to make up :doh:

2nd half was fun, great racing with Bob, then I went off slightly and let him past ... a lap or two later he repeated the compliement.
We then got back up behind Dave and Adrian ... catching Mr one stopper Neil (respek for trying) I got caught up a bit longer than the rest, then the same happened when we caught Hermy.

So, I got my head down, they were tripping themselves up a little so I quickly caught up, and was feeling confident in the last few laps that I might just have enough to grab another couple of places and work my way up to I think it was 5th or even 4th.

I pulled off a late braking round the outside move on Dave, leaving as much space as I could so as not to chop his nose off ... then started heading towards catching Bob and Adrian.

So we crossed the line with something like 3 laps to go, I was behind Bob who seemed to have the legs on Adrian, but there was a rather ugly looking set of blocking moves pulled, Bob goes sideways, and I end up in his side.
I waited for Bob (not really my fault but for some reason it felt right to do so) but he quits with a broken car ... my suspension is proper shot at, the rest of the field comes past whilst I wait and wonder what to do ... a moment later with the car wallowing badly my motivation to scrabble around in damn near last with a bust car was gone ... ESC'd to pits and hit the showers early :rolleyes:

To Dave, Pascal and Bob, great racing chaps ... excellent, respectful fun dicing with you boys :dance2:

Big thanks brother Andrew for all your efforts mate, and of course to "The Department" for hosting and making all this possible :highfive:

I waited for Bob (not really my fault but for some reason it felt right to do so) but he quits with a broken car

Thanks Lee, but no need to wait buddy you had nowhere to go, just like me. My car just had suspension problems, but I lost all interest once I realised how much a position means to some people.:disapointed:

To Dave, Pascal and Bob, great racing chaps ... excellent, respectful fun dicing with you boys :dance2:

It was fun, always a pleasure with you Lee.:beer:

Friday nights... I'm starting not to like those friday evening races. There seems to be bad luck for me each time.

Quali.
Got disturbed, missed first curve!

Race 1
Decided to play things safe, things were going good. Passed few cars that ran wide. On the 8th lap, someone just in front got wide, I took the line but he didn't see me so we had contact when he tried to take the line again. In the next curve, I'm not really sure what happened but I touch him in the back. Was there slower cars in front, as I found he was really slow and wasn't trying to take him. Anyway, I was applying brakes when we made contact so that made the guy in the back hit me. At that lap I was going to pit, so I did with a broken car... that ran out 5 feet from my box...

OH well, that's ok, I'll wait for race 2... Game crach...

Sorry to whoever I made contact with.

I'll be back on fridays anyway to turn that luck around. Whatever happens, it's always a great pleasure to ride with you all.

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Great track Eric

Qually went well ended up in 7th

Race 1

finished in 6th everything went well including pit time

Race 2

Finished in 8th (very fortunate last lap) bad start to race was in last position i spun n decided to take a drive on the grass DOH pit went well and played catch up rest of race. (oh and sorry gary woke ya up a bit lol)Was great fun friendly nite

Thanks to RD and Eric for the event.

Bad night, two sets of apologies needed: Race1) Held up Bob in last corner & caused accident (among teammates, unacceptable!); Race 2) Had brain fade on the start took out William and some others - thinking about how tight it was and not where the braking point should be...totally unacceptable. I black flagged myself at that point.

Sneaked in without paying...(an old trick of mine),new track but easy and quick to learn and get a decent start from 5th?...car was right on the button from the go and i took a run alongside Ryans C30 for a pass,there was contact mid turn putting him out,i decided to wait and try again,eventually work a proper pass,next point of interest is 2 Hondas ahead getting frisky and one ends up across the track as i arrive,i brake hard and my nudge helps put him straight again,plenty of action to the finish and decent enough fun.
Race2 i get plopped on the grid in a weird way and at first think im being placed inside Warrens S60!,but i end up just about a foot off his rear bumper,but as soon as i start the race at the lights a black flag S&G penalty appears for me,i choose to ignore it and enjoy a very fun few laps until they DQ me :).

Many Thanks Yves and RD....(and Gratso win m8)

Got a DQ in both races. Not used to these pitstops and didnt have a preset made to change tyres so got a DQ. Fixed that between races but in 2nd race same thing happened cos I thought I had ENTER mapped as my confirm button, but due to the problem last week and having to re-install GTR Evo, it was set to the default of M. Oh well, the racing looked good, and the lag was definitely better than the Euro servers, but unfortunately I work overtime most Saturdays so dont know when I'll be back.
Good racing though, and I'll be back when I can

Wow, what a great event. 20 cars on the grid make for an entertaining evening!!!!! I love this track, except that I've always run the long version. Good thing I came early to practice because I kept going straight into the tire barrier. :rotfl: Fortunately I figured it out before the race :rotfl:

Qual: 1 sec slower than practice landed me 16/20

Race 1: maneuvered my way through the turn 1 incedent unscathed moving up to 12th only to get punted 2 turns later falling back to 18th. Through attrition finished 12th. My best finish ever in a touring car.

But wait there's more.

Race 2: started 12th and maintained position finishing a personal best touring car finish of 7th. And I actually caught and passed someone!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I still suck at these cars, but just maybe there's a glimmer of hope. Thanks to all for a wonderful evening of racing.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes