RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualify: 3rd - Finish: 1st

Second row start is normal stuff for me and with the pace there tonight i was gratefull of it as well,a good get away let me steal 2nd from Bob in to T1 but had some serious action going on with a green and white car who i think briefly got passed me?,but i got back again and got settled and on Ryans case,just about the time he dissappeared in front of me the car was feeling great and i pushed open about 13secs lead on my 1 stop strategy running 50L as far as the tyres let me dare,with about 12L in the tank i decided the tyres cant take any more and dived in for a clean stop.
I was confused coming out the pits in 3rd but thankfully both were just up ahead and with much more worn tyres as they pitted many laps ago,so to catch and pass ended up not too difficult as they struggled more and more,i think some more fuel worries went on behind as the gap suddenly jumped to over 30secs for relaxed finish with great tyres to the end.
Well done fellow podiumateers :good:.
Thank You Andrew and RD :good:.

Yeah Ben it was me Rob McColl ......that came together with you on T1 ....... i think it was my fault cause you seemed to slow a little passing the backmarker...I thought id nip inside you and you didnt think i was so close but as you say rules prevailed i had to wait for you.Antway we had a good scrap,was really exiting

server 2 was great fun :good:
qualified 9th with a 1:14.0??
finished a lucky 7th :smile:

i experimented a bit here to see how long i could stay out on the one set of tyres and had great fun doing it :rotfl:
It was the wrong strategy for an 80 minute race but for a 70 minute race then it would be very interesting as you would never know who was going the distance or not and the last few laps here i was just hanging on by the skin of my teeth and was loosing 3 or 4 seconds a lap but had a great time trying to keep faster cars behind me :wink:

First half of the race i had a good scrap with dave and if i knew he was going to pit then i would of put up a harder fight to keep him behind me :wink: after Dave went past me Bob and Nigel started to haunt me also so i lifted to let them past as the 3 of us were just holding each other up.

Second half of the race it was just hold on and keep it on the track, got spun once by a back marker so i let him through next lap only to loose concentration watching him nearly going off in front of me and i ended up in the sand :embarrassed:
Very nearly lost 7th to Nigel and if there had been one more lap he would of had me no problem as i was really struggling to accelerate on front tyres that were just in shreds but surprisingly braking and cornering were not as bad as i thought they would be, maybe another car it would of been but with this little beauty it felt fine :good:

Thnx all for a great race, n congrats to the podium :worship:

Attachments

• tyres.jpg
    tyres.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 217
Qualy: Went actually better than I expected after my training sessions, first time under 1:15, did a 1:14.609, which gave me 6th.

Race: At the start Ben in front of me did actually not move very fast, but I was afraid to leave my line, so my start was not really got, could have been better. Lost a couple of positions. But I also on purpose let go a little bit to avoid the lap 1 battles. End of lap 1 I was on 11. Was following a big crowd with a battle everybody against everybody :). In lap 4 I went wide in this first hairpin and lost a couple of positions again, down to 14. Made my way up tp 6th, but only very few position gained due to my ability :). In lap 19 in the hairpin I was actually 'rude overtaken', the culprit would have not gained that position if he would not have pushed me from my race line! Due to this I even lost one more position. Lost also a little bit the rythm so went wide on the next turn, two more positions down (10th). Pitted end of lap 32. Made my way back and had a couple of good battles. After I got Steve with whom I was catching up in a pace, that made me sure to get him, there was a gap of 12 seconds to the next one, which was shrinking, but very slowly, but out of sudden it shrunk faster and I got Kieran, I guess something happened in front, he seemed to be off pace a little bit. Gave me 4th. Afterwards my only aim was not being lapped, with which I was successful, one lap more and Adam would have got me, I guess. Actually after Adam crossed the finish line, his car got a little bit of a problem for me (I know you dont control this anymore :) ).

Good race, thanks to all! Not really my track, though mid race I managed to do stable laps.

SERVER #1

Never ever quite got the "feel" of this track. Every lap felt different, so did every session and no matter what I tried in set up I just could not get a decent lap in.

Quali; 11th

Race: Had a decent start but got whacked from behind at the first hairpin and "You have suspension damage". Great what was already a pig to drive turned into a S.O.B:laugh2:. Had to laugh when I saw Andrew commit Hari Kari into the wall of tyres on the last corner. Felt like doing the same TBH, still I trundled on. Was rather surprised when on lap 20 I got a low fuel warning, damn. Pitted on lap 26 and picked up quite a few places when those in front of me pitted for there stop. Was runnning in P5 when on lap 54 I had to pit again for a quick splash and dash, boy I was hammering the fuel tonight. Dropped to 12th and had a good final few laps, managing to pass 2 on the last corner and nicked 9th:highfive: I'll take that for what has taken over from Fuji 70 as my least favourite track :laugh2:

Had some good racing tonight with Matt Crouch and Dietmar:highfive:

Thanks to Andrew for setting it up, it's a shame you have to sacrifice so much of your practice session dealing with peeps who don't respond your requests.

Grats to Adam on another fine win, the podium, and Kieran who just about made it to the end losing 3rd because of fuel conservation:laugh2: Unlucky buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes