RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Q: no chance, didn't make a mistake but I was slow, with an 1:36 I finished at the end of the field.
Warmup: finally managed to take some corners faster and get down to 1:34.
Race 1: good race, had some fights, but finished 17th only, my car got very oversteery at the end and I had very low grip in general, so it was hard to drive.
Race 2: made some changes to my setup (more wing, and changed ARB to have more understeer), and it was a lot nicer! There was a little accident in Corkscrew, I'm sorry about the first part of it (the small touch at the right hander), the second part (spinning ahead Daniel) was totally out of my control as I got hit from behind. But I let Daniel pass me back after that of course! After the accident it was only a few laps, got into pits, but a few corners after I left I had a disco, just like in good old times!:)

Thx Eric and RD for the race!

The title of my race: how to f.... up a race lol.

Good qually in 5th but sh..t race, usually its the other way round for me lol.

R.1 i got early start, SNG into pits on l.1, made some ground on people and finished 11 or 12th, not bad.
R.2 great start as usual then into corkscrew and spun, so sry to all the guys who got caught up, nothing i could do, suspension and steering damage for the remainder of the race and not very funny every time i went through the corkscrew, didn't want to repair at pitstop due to potencial time loss. Had fun anyway & thx for racing guys.

Great nights racing really enjoyed it, Quali 4th and finished 4th race 1. Race 2 finished 3rd and battled with Keith the hole way to the line for 2nd place but just missed out. Very happy with 3rd and race 2 was probably my most enjoyable race on RD yet thanks evey 1. Grats to Jesper, Dan and Keith on the overall podium finish. Look forward to Simon G videos and racing with use all again soon.

A story of woe for me I'm afraid, really not having much luck recently but somehow still come out with a smile on my face in these American club races.

In the Volvo C30 this week- Audi still in for repairs after Saponaro crash :redface:
Race 1- 11th on the grid and got decent traction off the line but no room to do anything with it, all ok through turn 1 but into 2 someone made contact ahead and almost stopped in the middle of the pack to wait. Unfortuneatly couldnt slow quick enough and went straight into the back of them and down to last as a result. Worked my way up to about 13th by the end, but could of been better but for contact with Glen at the entry to corkscrew- apologies again for that I was going for a wide entry and the door suddenly closed.
Great to see a win for the team- grats Dan.

Race 2 Another disaster- I got caught up with Dariusz, nearly made it through but the Honda pitched him into me and I went into the wall- broken suspension and front aero.
40 seconds behind the next guy Willie Watt after I got it fixed up so not much to be gained but I didnt want to quit and caught and passed him by the flag.

Hopefully wil be back next week and will be hoping for some better luck.
Thanks for hosting:thumbup:

Oh and here is race 1 video - the second will be up later probably

I knew this would be a VERY TOUGH event for all drivers. unforgiving track and whisper thin to stay on the racing line. Over driving was so easy to do as I discovered running a quick test prior to the event on the server. Used the HOnda nad worked into a 33.1 pace but it was not going to be a race pace time for sure. too much on the edge. '

If you didn't get at least 50 laps in here you would be very challenged.

Sign up for the Sunday Night race at Hockenheim '79!!!!!!! It wil be a ton of FUN!

Hey Hugo ... been quite some time since I darkened RD's doorstep and did any online racing so a bit rusty.
Not 100% I can actually make this, so if possible stick me on the bottom of the list as a maybe, otherwise I will sign up for sure on the night if I can make it and there are any places left.

... and yes, I think I understood the golden rules last time I raced and they look pretty similar now - turn up if you sign up, play nice, and if you stuff up, stop and wait for the poor sole whose race you've ruined :D

Simon incredible video man. Really enjoyerd watching it.

Id like to discuss something with you regarding ATCC and highlight videos. If you are interested PM me and we can talk.

Thanks everyone for the great racing, I think I will need to put in a practice to match the pace of the new #1.

Looking forward to next week.

Ta mate ... good to see you at the helm and taking care of business round here.
Think I had better get some practice in though, as the only driving I have done lately (apart from "the school run") is off-road in my 4x4 and some enduro motorbiking I did last week - pretty sure none of that will help me in these ere Porcas :D

You will do fine in the Porcas mr Lee :D

Hope you can make it Tuesday..

Ta mate ... good to see you at the helm and taking care of business round here.
Think I had better get some practice in though, as the only driving I have done lately (apart from "the school run") is off-road in my 4x4 and some enduro motorbiking I did last week - pretty sure none of that will help me in these ere Porcas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back