WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Logitech gaming software and logitech G hub dont work with G27 , also no shift rpm ligths work , how is possible the max wheel angle stay gray 0 ? not work in game but yes in my Logitech profiler app Ver 5.10.127

Thanks Telis for the reddit link ;)

@Sébastien Degraeve Are you using any mod que get better color etc that dont have impact on performance? If yes what is the mod? Iam asking because you have almost the same PC specs as me.

The game runs well with the mod and still looks better than the original.
amd FX-8350
Ati Radeon R9 Fury
LG 29UM69G-B
16 go de ram
500 go Samsung SSD 850 evo
LG BH16NS55 | Blu-Ray & DVD re-writer
Cooler Master G750M
Windows 10 Famille 64bits

reglages mod.jpg

amd1.jpg

WRC9 2021-01-29 11-04-50-68.jpg

WRC9 2021-01-29 11-04-56-38.jpg

WRC9 2021-01-29 11-05-00-83.jpg

Attachments

• WRC9 2021-01-29 11-05-00-83.jpg
    WRC9 2021-01-29 11-05-00-83.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
The game runs well with the mod and still looks better than the original.
amd FX-8350
Ati Radeon R9 Fury
LG 29UM69G-B
16 go de ram
500 go Samsung SSD 850 evo
LG BH16NS55 | Blu-Ray & DVD re-writer
Cooler Master G750M
Windows 10 Famille 64bits

View attachment 450369
View attachment 450370
View attachment 450371
View attachment 450372
View attachment 450374

Thanks! iam running the game in lower settings...i will try your configuration. Thanks again for your time and patience!

Hi, long time CMR and new WRC game fan here. I just downloaded your WRC 8 mod and i'm amazed how it enhanced the game in every aspects...looking forward for the new release..any date for it?

Good morning to everyone.
I want to share with you a tragic mistake I made about his grips (Mod).
So I went back to (Gravel & Snow) in its default settings (AgentHeX 000 photo A) ... and I stayed ... with my mouth open ....:confused:
In (Tarmac photo B) I tried two clicks above .... from .. (Gravel & Snow) .... (097) .... you can not imagine how much change I had in the way of handling the cars....:D
Also the only changes in the game I made ... with my own choices ..... it was only on the brakes .. (photos C-D).
Anyone who wants to let it try....
SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

Attachments

• A.png
    A.png
    53 KB · Views: 73
  • B.png
    B.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 72
  • C.png
    C.png
    366.9 KB · Views: 74
  • D.png
    D.png
    285 KB · Views: 82
Lastest mod i do: Changing the Chassis Inertia Tensor to 1;1;1
Maybe i have to adjust the grip to 1.0 for Tarmac and lowering for Gravel/Snow

On Board in Japan:

MOntecarlo:

Finland:

Sweden:

I really feel the road and the wheel. Handbrake is really different, corner is very different and you feel that the car is not flying on the road.
If someone want to try it, mod this row on the DYN file:
<prop name="Chassis inertia tensor" value="1.0000;1.0000;1.0000" />

Last edited:
Will it be possible to increase the range of the FOV slider? I haven't done much research, but it seems to me that the lowest setting (20) corresponds to something like 40 deg vFOV. For triples or 32:9 it would be nice to have more range here.

Lastest mod i do: Changing the Chassis Inertia Tensor to 1;1;1
Maybe i have to adjust the grip to 1.0 for Tarmac and lowering for Gravel/Snow

On Board in Japan:

MOntecarlo:

Finland:

Sweden:

I really feel the road and the wheel. Handbrake is really different, corner is very different and you feel that the car is not flying on the road.
If someone want to try it, mod this row on the DYN file:
<prop name="Chassis inertia tensor" value="1.0000;1.0000;1.0000" />

Great video! It looks like the car is heavier and I like that. You are right, a little more grip on tarmac (maybe?) and lowering on snow/gravel. The car on snow in the video needs more slide I guess.
I will try the code you provided. And if you have some good modification values (close to RBR :D), don't hesitate to share it
And as always thanks to AgentHex for the Great Mod :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I work on AI and i think i find how to decode all value.

Here a screenshot on a tab:
1615051783147.png

The value on the AI files is on ms and we have to convert them on Time.
For my drive test, this value is for WRC with AI at 150% and it's a reference. I use this method to adjust the AI on Montecarlo and the result is very good. Imagine on 21km, the difference between is only 2secondes :)

Hello Guys,
Fist of all i want to say I'm amazed by your work!
I'm WRC Fan, SimRacer and In real life Weekend Circuit and Drift drift driver.
I couldnt try your mod yet as its not compatible with current version. So I'm waiting for 2.0 like crazy.

Regarding Physics of WRC. forum member posted video of Nikolay Gryazin about WRC9 i coundnt agree more The main Physics problem with this game is:
Drift/Slide At Moderate angle - vehicle looses speed too drasticly, as if car digs in to gravel/snow, even with Full Throttle car has not enough power to spin wheels freely at moderate slide angle. (Initial slide/drift at low angle is ok).
Have you discovered actual settings to mod to correct this? To let car slide more freely under acceleration at higher angles?
Other mods to physics needed are:
1) Brake Power - a bit less brake power like -30%, I saw you discovred settings of "additional grip under braking". I guess turning it off isnt completly best idea, it should be just lowered, as this settings gives good realisting feeling of settling car down and getting more control of it while breaking. So it should still be there just less.
2) Cars need lower center of mass and a bit more weight like +10%.
3) A bit stiffer feeling of cars - less floaty feeling. I Dont know how this can be achived but, game needs very small changes as overally it feels ok, just needs small corrections not to mess up whole picture.
3) Balance of AI for Carrer Mode, they are too slow in sweden and finland, too fast in argentina and wales. - but maybe its just me. Looks like you guys cracked this one too.

Would love if someone could make this small adjustments only, so it doesnt go far away from original, just to modify it a bit more to realism/sim side.

Hope i will find some free time to make this changes myself after you release v2.0

I really admire the work done in this forum, although from my experience (wrc 7, wrc8 and wrc9) I can say that when changing one of the physical values you have to change a lot more for the car to behave realistically.
If you modify the weight, you must also modify the suspension, center of gravity, inertia, turnbuckles, grip, aerodynamics ... etc etc. It is a difficult job and requires a lot of study just to get a very realistic effect.
And it is not only that in the repetition it looks similar to how they are in reality, you also have to make the sensations when driving it are realistic as well.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you guys.
As i mentionne before, try to disable extra brake, chassis inertia tensor, engine torque and force application on suspension. The car will be totally different and now i can't play with standard setting.

Yeah, hope we can achive effects close to RBR and Real Life.
From current replay videos, i still dont see "realistic" suspension work and powersliding in the corners.

Yeah, hope we can achive effects close to RBR and Real Life.
From current replay videos, i still dont see "realistic" suspension work and powersliding in the corners.
Yes, suspensions are another point i want to modify. For now, i work on engine and chassis. Slowly we will have a really great game

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.