• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

World Racing Series

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bram Hengeveld, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +748
    No you will have to buy it to test them, but you get 2 games in one. Why wouldn't you buy it?

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +792
    Thanks mate. I already have Kart Racing Pro so I know that Piboso can make great games!

The thing is that I prefer online racing rather than offline by myself. So hopefully there will be some online activity soon.

3. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +748
    When the netcode improves there will be more online activity I think, but as it i a one man development I don't know when that is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +792
    Yeah, I think so too. I hope the same for Kart Racing Pro as it's great.

I will support this by buying soon, after paying my credit card....wife bought too many presents this Christmas :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +489
    is there just one open wheeler in the demo?
    Btw, Pib....you've succeeded in making the worst UI/set controls I've ever experienced in nearly 20yrs of gaming.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    I Dont understand what you mean David :)
    if we compare it to the shift 2 user interface i think this is super:D

7. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +902
    i just get bored on the menu's delay... it takes 30 secs to change from selecting track, to car, etc. it takes almost 4mins to get to the track...

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    It takes my machine about 30 sec from starting to get to track
    Have you had a clean install and run as Admin :)

9. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +902
    yes, i'm just trying the demo, with KRP is almost the same, the menus take a lot to change, always fresh install, it's not a machine problem, to select a kart it takes some 10 seconds lo load it, i don't complain, since i don't use it much. but from the beginning i have this issue, i just think it's normal

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    Im running with a full licence, so it might just be the fact its the demo version but i agree its not the best way to promote the sim if it takes you that long..:(
    but 4 mins does seem a bit long :cautious:

11. Leonardo Ratafiá

Leonardo Ratafiá
    Premium

Ratings:
    +902
    i have license for KRP and it's the same.maybe 3 min, if you don't choose anything else as it was before :) same car, same track

12. David Ignjatovic

David Ignjatovic

Ratings:
    +489
    I found it difficult to set my wheel, and my gbox config etc.
    Is there only one car in v2 demo?

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    Hi David, all i do is hit the calibration button and then map the controls and im good to go
    if I wish to change the deg of rotation i use the logitech profiler and then recalibrate,(i have it set up like i would for Race07,Spring, damper, and centre spring unticked all at 0 and )
    I don't use the ingame slider to set it.(box is not ticked) That only works on wheels with no profile.
    And you also have your steering ratio you can play with that found in the car setup section found in the garage/others
    And to shift to first gear from neutral you have to press the gear button(found in additional inputs in the settings) to get from N to 1st or back but once in the gearbox you can shift as normal, to bypass this tick the shift help box found in setting simulation its a bit strange to get used to .. but you can have paddles and sequential both working at same time only the the H pattern needs to reselected to use
    And as Lars stated you only get 1 car and track in the demo :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ben Scullion

Ben Scullion

Ratings:
    +32
    How to try the FMC FMK7 RX? I seem to only have the open wheeler.

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    "And as Lars stated you only get 1 car and track in the demo" you have to purchase a licence :(

16. Ben Scullion

Ben Scullion

Ratings:
    +32
    I see, thanks for the reply.

17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,956
    I was hoping they might update the demo to include one of the cars, It is still in beta so you never know, but a licence will get you 2 games in 1.. you get GP bikes also.

18. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +873
    Well, slightly tired of waiting for AC tech demo and Formula Truck, I bought it today :).

19. Lars Brugman

Lars Brugman

Ratings:
    +748
    What do you think so far?

20. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +873
    I was impressed by demo a year ago ... and 6 months back again... and last December too :).
    With full game, I made some .ini files tweaks which I found on WRS forum, set graphic optimization through Radeon Pro (AA, AF ...) and WRS became what I want to have in front of my face. The funny thing is, I enjoy the most with F 2000, maybe because i drove it in demo, but I will find time to know F3000 and BMW a bit more next couple days. Today I will try to find some more feelings on the track(s) and do a good setup, because on Phillip Island, I am still almost 4 seconds behind the best times.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.