World Racing Series

Another indy dev that should have its forums here. Check how great it worked for Stock Car Extreme.

Here on RD a dev can reach 80 to 90% if the sim racing community, yet the prefer to be in the dark corners of the Internet where nobody visits them.

Piboso games can be great titles but .. yeah.. well.

I downloaded it and tried the demo of 1 car on the 1 track. I have a triple screen setup and could not get solid framerate lock at 60hz, even with vsync. My card is an old ATI r9 275. So I couldn't really try much - it looks interesting... but dated. I also needed to kill some of the graphics settings to be able to stay above 60fps. The physics seemed decent, but again without framerate lock I can't tell if its really hooked up. Could not find a way to lower the eye level (could tilt down though). Anyway, if it solidly continues to develop it could be a welcome addition to the sim marketplace. Sadly though, it seems like every sim does something well but misses something.
Maintaining 60 FPS with V-sync on is harder for the system than without.

hmm, with Pcars 2, Reiza 17, RF2 going to DX11, and Gtr3, it seems a new era of sim racing games is on the horizon, and the ol' rfactor engine mite have run its course by now, even AMS pushes the engine to its absolute limits, I think its time sim developers look towards a new engine to develope games on, G motor 2 is really starting to show its age, and another sim running on it just seems like wasted effort considering its starting to become limited and lacks the optimization of current engines.
If you haven't played a Piboso sim yet, then just watch some gameplay footage; it's quite visible that the physics are not the ISI engine. Look how the car steers and drives in a corner, how it slides, how it moves around during slip/grip, how it reacts to steering correction during slides, etc. It's definitely a different engine than ISI (rFactor, Project Cars, Automobilista, etc.). I can't confirm this but it seems quite visible from videos let alone playing. If I'm wrong (which I've never been when being able to tell what physics engine a game is running on), I'll give my OSW to someone on RD for free.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to get my controllers working properly in WRS - even following the guide by PiBoSo. The setup process seems to be extraordinarily sensitive and something keeps interfering at every step.It seems to be seeing extra axis inputs that I don't have.

I've been playing PiBoSo's titles since a long time (GPB, WRS, KRP and MXB). It's quite clear that the guy is really talented and those sims are not bad, but for new comers you should know some stuff :

PROS :

- The physic engine is really impressive. It's based on ODE and give a really nice feedback to the one playing it
- Great FFB. One of the best on the market
- Open to modding : probably what makes a game alive for many years.
- The community is really small but one of the best I've ever seen. Those guys are really talented and passionate. Most of people know each other and it's a very friendly community (at least for GPB/WRS, a bit less for MXB/KRP).
- The price is low for the amount of time you could spend on the simulator. To give you an example, I bought my licence something like 20 euros few years ago and I have been playing way more than 1000 hours.

CONS :

- The graphics engine is old and it's really hard for your eyes when you've been playing the last big sim titles
- The default content is really poor (but it seems that it's getting a bit better). If you're playing GPB it's not really a problem since you have plenty of bike mods, but WRS only has tracks (often coming from GPB)
- Bugs, a lot of bugs. I can't tell you how many time the game crashed for unknown reasons, or sometimes just because we hit a wall a bit too fast. It can become annoying really really fast.
- Netcode : don't count on it. You can play with friends only if you're aware that you the game can randomly crash. Usually, the more cars the more crashs but beeing 2 is often sufficient to stop playing online after 20 minutes. You can't organize serious championships. It's a shame looking at the game potential.
- The dev told the community few months ago that his only target from his post was to track bugs and make the online more stable. No real news since, we still can see in devlog some "useless" (sometimes cool features but not things we want to see first) stuff. It has been years the community asked for those fixes.
- You'll probably never have a v1. That's a fact, the PiBoSo seems that he doesn't want to concentrate on one of his sim and finish it. Some of his games are at nearly 10 years of alpha/beta state and no one can tell you that a v1 will be coming one day.

You can see there are several big pros and cons. For its price, I would say it worth it. However, if you decide to buy it, buy it like you'll never have serious updates. You can only be happy if some stuff is coming :)

Maintaining 60 FPS with V-sync on is harder for the system than without.
Yeah, I've been racing in sims for awhile. I always try it both ways. My point is on my system, even when it has the fps to hold vsync its not synching, its still stuttery. Turning off vsync and letting the fps run past 60 doesn't make it any less stuttery. iRacing, AC, rFactor2, etc all do this correctly.

I've been playing PiBoSo's titles since a long time (GPB, WRS, KRP and MXB). It's quite clear that the guy is really talented and those sims are not bad, but for new comers you should know some stuff :

PROS :

- The physic engine is really impressive. It's based on ODE and give a really nice feedback to the one playing it
- Great FFB. One of the best on the market
- Open to modding : probably what makes a game alive for many years.
- The community is really small but one of the best I've ever seen. Those guys are really talented and passionate. Most of people know each other and it's a very friendly community (at least for GPB/WRS, a bit less for MXB/KRP).
- The price is low for the amount of time you could spend on the simulator. To give you an example, I bought my licence something like 20 euros few years ago and I have been playing way more than 1000 hours.

CONS :

- The graphics engine is old and it's really hard for your eyes when you've been playing the last big sim titles
- The default content is really poor (but it seems that it's getting a bit better). If you're playing GPB it's not really a problem since you have plenty of bike mods, but WRS only has tracks (often coming from GPB)
- Bugs, a lot of bugs. I can't tell you how many time the game crashed for unknown reasons, or sometimes just because we hit a wall a bit too fast. It can become annoying really really fast.
- Netcode : don't count on it. You can play with friends only if you're aware that you the game can randomly crash. Usually, the more cars the more crashs but beeing 2 is often sufficient to stop playing online after 20 minutes. You can't organize serious championships. It's a shame looking at the game potential.
- The dev told the community few months ago that his only target from his post was to track bugs and make the online more stable. No real news since, we still can see in devlog some "useless" (sometimes cool features but not things we want to see first) stuff. It has been years the community asked for those fixes.
- You'll probably never have a v1. That's a fact, the PiBoSo seems that he doesn't want to concentrate on one of his sim and finish it. Some of his games are at nearly 10 years of alpha/beta state and no one can tell you that a v1 will be coming one day.

You can see there are several big pros and cons. For its price, I would say it worth it. However, if you decide to buy it, buy it like you'll never have serious updates. You can only be happy if some stuff is coming :)
Well, he's working on all those sims at the same time and they have unevenly distributed priority. First and foremost it's all about KRP, then, significantly lagging behind, comes GPB... and the remaining time is given to WRS and MXB, with WRS coming as a piggyback product to GPB.

Another indy dev that should have its forums here. Check how great it worked for Stock Car Extreme.

Here on RD a dev can reach 80 to 90% if the sim racing community, yet the prefer to be in the dark corners of the Internet where nobody visits them.

Piboso games can be great titles but .. yeah.. well.

I even think Reiza did a wrong move moving their reiza51 VIP subforum. I haven't enter in theirs since firsts beta builds, and don't think I'm the only one. But obviously understood their reasons as a company.

Regarding this sim, looks really really dated. Said by a guy who doesn't dislike rFactor2 looks neither AMS.

And that sound...

I finally found my settings and it is really impressive. Physics are very good, it feels like a real driving experience. No arcade stuff of any sort, no compromises. Graphic wise it doesn't bother me that much, apart from mirrors which are terrible. Sounds seem good too. However, I agree that there's not much to do. You can only hotlap. Even though, physics are so good that it feels like a very good training, especially since the Victoria circuit is very technical and you can never let your guard down.

I managed to do a 1'40''656 with the FR200 on stock setup with soft tires. Can anyone tell me how bad that is? :D

I just wish they would focus on one game and get it ready for Steam release. I bet a lot more people would know about their games that way
While I partially agree with you, the latest developments have really turned WRS into a serious contender for the simulation crown. I'd say it was worth it.

shame to bring a title like this back from the dead but I found it recently and I am really enjoying PiBoSo's talent. I would love to see his other titles ported to Steam (ie this one specifically) but moreover I'd love to find a place to get mods for WRS

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back