Tracks [WIP] New York Safety Track (NYST)

do you mean the red signs? they are still there, although their placement might not be 100% accurate. I haven't placed all the other signs around the track yet, e.g. the brake markers after T18.
View attachment 636716

those are it, dang they need to make them bigger at the track ahha.

edit: Actually they are bigger and also white as seen here -

this is from September.

Track feels great @el_locho . Maybe too late when I go in October but if you need any specific picture or video of something let me know and I can try to get

Last edited:
Updated to version 0.4:
  • fixed a couple of textures, including improved murals texture by @Fame28
  • added second shed created by @Fame28
  • reduced height of T15 kerb and improved the transition between the terrain and the kerbs
  • added a few more turn signs
  • added LUA script to hide cones, ambulance and plane for qualification/race session (which was previously done via the "Race" skin
  • Added sections.ini for both layouts (for use with the Track description app)
  • more stuff I don't remember
Note: This version still includes the trees from the previous version since I haven't had enough time and motivation to re-do them completely, real life sucks sometimes.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajvyq4equ3niv88/el_new_york_safety_track.zip/file

nyst_v0.4.jpgnyst_v0.4b.jpg

This is great! I also am about a hour or so away from here, never knew it existed. Going to have to take a ride this summer, check it out. Track loaded and runs fine for me, CSP 0.1.78. Very nice job so far, this will be excellent. I like it. Couple of screenies for ya, thanks for making this.

Attachments

• 20230212175922_1.jpg
    20230212175922_1.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230212180056_1.jpg
    20230212180056_1.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 45
I'm still working on the trees. Reducing the number of textures and adjusting the shader settings already improved the tree situation quite a bit, with the tree colors being more homogenous now.
Speaking of colors... just a quick experiment with texture replacements (probably requires CSP 0.1.79/80) - date set to October and seasonal adjustments enabled looks like this (grassfx not yet affected):
1676675621975.jpeg
Link to the track (v0.5) can be found in my post above.

Last edited:
Is anybody familiar with the NYST's corner/section names? The turn numbers and turn/section names are supposed to go into the sections.ini file so that they can be displayed by the Track description app. I'm just not sure whether some of the names refer to individual turns or to multiple turns or to sections in between turns.

Pretty sure that Crazy One (T1), Wheelie Hill (T7) and The Trap (T7) refer to the actual turns, but what about the others?

Deer Hunt: T3 or the section between T3 and T4?
Sling shot: T5 or the complete T5/T6 complex?
Downwind: between T7 and T8?
Pipeline: T9-T10?
Evergreens: ?
Helicopter: ?
Crosswind: T16?

d208ff2d-3aa4-44f5-bd81-d449f63b3146-jpeg.1225046
Thank you for making this track and working to improve it!! I've been to this track on both my motorcycle and car, so you can imagine my excitement when I found your track!

Turn Evergreen should be T11
Helicopter is T12

- This video could help

Is there a PayPal or something you can setup to take donations? Because I want to buy you a coffee, beer lunch, etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.