The car now has brake fluid!

7mod_flexible.gif

7mod_flexibleB.gif

and clean suspensions :thumbsup:
upload_2017-3-31_20-17-16.png

I wont download it if it is not animated.
All these modders which think they are gods just because they made a brake line.
There are more important things to do, in the time you have wasted on this stupid caterham you could have made 5 Transits!
(If anyone didn't understand, it was a joke)

22647.png

skin modifier indeed
as below, with big radius gizmo for both ends
left end is linked to the brake pad, right end to the body
7mod_flexi.PNG

and if you forget to move your XYZ pivot properly prior to skin editing, then it flies off in your scene like my screenshot :p but works fine in the editor... lazy to redo it :D

only pb is my ksEditor shows blank material and crashed if i change it, so i have to save the persistence, and work on the ini file directly... then reload the model to see it in the editor ... yay

Nice, it's a simple 2-bone skin but looks more complex than what it really is. ksEditor is a pain working with skinned meshes, so I leave it for the very last thing to do... learned my lesson with the Sera, it doesn't even save the name of the bones on the shader (tried editing the ini but no luck either).

Looks like one of the seats is set further back than the other, so they swap between the models, giving that effect.
Yes from what I remember Ben told me to the same/similar question when seeing his previews. The seats are at different Z offset.
X offset wise I've checked the models in AC and couldn't find any issues. The driver and passenger are simply sitting more forward/backward to each other in preview images, maybe in game as well but hard to notice unless one makes screenshots at the same position for 2 vehicles. It may as well be the previews only.
Seats should be OK. Cameras I've done for the RHD, LHD Ben converted I suppose, I haven't gone into data yet since it's a final simple conversion physics wise.

There are other recent changes to model vs physics, positive though.

On the other hand it seems impossible for AC to simulate DeDion suspension. Physics live axle in AC is camber and toe locked to 0 deg and cannot be changed. Would be of great help if someone could alert lord Kunos or Kunos in general that they need to unlock camber and toe on their live axle implementation so that DeDion and other live axle variants can be simulated.
As far as I know Ben has similar issue with animations too. Unable to create live axle animation with camber/toe non zero.

Live axle is broken in AC on all cars, confirmed and not fixed for some time now :(
I have a working live axle with a workaround the issue for vintage looking version, it's fun to drive but may not be handling as it should. It grips quite well.

Supercharger seems possible in AC to be done via the turbo simulation, at the worst it can always be hard baked into the torque curve. Anyone know what type and specs the 620R supercharger is? I think it's a centrifugal but no pictures show it nor know name and specs. Boost amount I can guess but not boost curve.

I don't know anything about Caterhams but I had a little search around. Edit: something like a C30-94 is my final guess.

http://uk.caterhamcars.com/sites/default/files/content/uk/documents/caterham-seven-owners-manual-17-06-14.pdf#[{"num":95,"gen":0},{"name":"XYZ"},217,546,0]

https://www.lotus7.club/forum/techtalk/620-r-anyone-know-if-caterham-use-tts-kit

Quote below taken from here - http://www.usa7s.net/vb/archive/index.php/t-8757.html
Just back from the UK and a couple of days at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. A side note, if anyone is considering attending in the future I could not recommend it highly enough. Standing next to Hans Stuck, Nick Mason, Jacky Ickx with numerous Le Mans Porsche 917's, Auto Union's, Mercedes SLR 300 (#658) etc is almost indescribable, and there are just so many like this...

Anyway, back to the point. I had the chance to take a few photo's and talk to Dan (the person who engineered the 620R), and ask a few questions.

Photo's I took are here - http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/jfgw/library/Caterham at Goodwood Festival of Speed%2 02013?sort=2&page=1

I also have tons of others from the event which I will put in another album and create a separate thread.

Info I gathered:

The 620R is in an S3 chassis, not an SV.
Has only been engineered so far for a RHD chassis - they have not done a LHD one so far. There are some significant challenges with pipework routing which would need some re-engineering.
Crank in the 2.0 Duratec is stock but pistons and rods are forged.
Compression ratio has been lowered to 9.5:1 by using a different head gasket.
Supercharger is Rotrex - believed to be available from them separately, but whole kit is not currently available separately from the entire car.
They would not remove the nose cone, but there is a water-based intercooler as well as an oil cooler and the water radiator.
The revised vents in the nose greatly aid cooling and so far (based on the race series) they have had no overheating issues. It has been mid to high 80s in the UK recently too.
ECU is an MBE unit - different than the R500, mapped for 94/95 RON

There may be other info I gathered but can't remember - let me know if you have more questions.

http://www.rotrex.com/Home/Supercharger_Experience/Kits_Cars
^C30-94 is the kit they sell for the 300R, I couldn't read it as I needed to sign up to a forum but if you google caterham 620r c30-94 the blurb for a few links suggest this is the 1 used.

Last edited:
I found the TTS but there is more info on Atree Autos. Yeah I bet they just bought the supercharger and made a custom mount for it etc. Even for Caterham or these Caterham modders it's highly unlikely to be cost effective to have a custom unit developed especially when there is a big range to choose from already.

It's a centrifugal. Probably one of the Rotrex.

Thanks, found a bunch of stuff to save for later even a dyno with boost in it :)

Caterham really can't make up their mind in manufacturing. There are about 4+ variants of the damn DeDion tube alone, 4+ of front suspension, 2+ live axles, ...

Measuring stuff and finding out that almost no two cars are the same, ever. The rear suspension is a similar mess as the front, way too many variants with minor changes.

It will be what it will be, 2 fronts (probably if the data measured from real car are good) + 1 DeDion + 1 live axle variant. Making the DeDion right now and readjusting live axle at the same time to match more precise measurements as I couldn't fine tune it on a bugged AC AXLE.

Whole day,

O7fcyug.jpg

deciphering pictures and measuring, comparing to make sure it's measured right and it's the same version or why is not sometimes matching. Rear DeDion 10 points to measure, 30 values to extract from pictures... + some more made up because AC can't simulate DeDion right now if ever.
Front DWB 14 points, times 3 values.

...Kunos, I wonder if anything they have done in AC works at all, because I just finished the STRUT DeDion and guess what? It lifts on acceleration and squats on braking, same damn bug as AXLE :( Again messed up simulation by heights of the joints.
So it's not just AXLE cars that are messed up but all the cars in AC that use STRUT too, which are many.

My damn Excel sheet can simulate the suspension motion in 3D yet Kunos can't do it in a game? WTH
Guess next stop is DWB and check that too if they have the same height issue or not.

Will report it on AC forum, again... tomorrow, the suspension shown is an example for Kunos not what I measured precisely.

The supercharger is working in AC, only glitch is that AC doesn't use throttle on idle to keep engine idle speed and as such the supercharger shows as 0 boost on the start before any user throttle is applied.

@JackCY - I'm not debating the validity of anything in your post, but I was just watching on your youtube channel and read about the things you wrote. Basically, you're saying everything is working opposite of how it should. Why do no other cars I drive do this crazy behavior? I have probably 700-800 different AC cars and I've never experienced this myself. Do you have any ideas why?

On a separate note, I know this isn't really what this thread is for, but would anyone mind explaining to me what a DeDion suspension is? Sorry, I'm not really a "car guy". I lust after cars, but you don't want me changing your oil. I can promise you. :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%