AC Winter Whisky Drive@Highlands Short, Thu 21st December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As a xmas gift i got a weird blackout on my house completly broke my computer going to miss my dose of simracing until i find a new solution. Wish you all and family an happy xmas and a great new year:D
That's bad news!! Good luck with that and also merry christmas and a happy new year to you and your loved ones. Hope to see you next year again on track!

Today marks the proudest moment in my sim racing career. Gained a pole for the second race and could keep the position for a whopping 5 rounds before everyone and their grandmother (and broad shoulderd Carsten) inevitably overtook me.

On a more serious note: that was a lot of fun guys. I would love it if we didn't keep this as an end of the year thing but do these casual events a few times throughout the year. Just to let off some steam in between the more serious races. :)

Happy holidays and see you at Fonteny!

First time Highlands, first time Panda, fwd... could find an okay pace, but fwd-driving is still different shizzle for me. How to rotate the car properly, etc. Ernie knows what I mean unfortunately, 'cause I accelerated while on the inside, still steering in to the right = going straight ahead = quick recap of third corner first race close encounters. Sorry Ernie!

Trying to get a Panda out of the wall is another thing :cool: it won't spin a donut, and reverse on a turned wheel is shifting up... hm.. takes too much time.

Got to play with others who saw barriers later on, had some fun laps with Rico again, among others.

Second race, got off the line okay, Partick flew by from behind David, close encounters there, but all survived, now racing to turn two which I made actually, but Markus was very close/touching my left doors, I couldn't hold the car straight and braked too late an hit a braking David. Turn three mayhem again. Not sure if it was my fault from the beginning (I'd like to know how the others look at it) but to be safe I let most people pass until I saw David passing and I could get back at it again. So, again, racing from the back.

Quite lonely, pick up some DHL packages behind a barrier along the way to deliver somewhere else behind a barrier.

Let's say: don't dwwinkk and zzzrivve agaainnn...

Last edited:
Well fortune did not favour the brave this time. The Panda was the sensible choice but the Abarth was so much fun hot lapping I thought I would give it a go. It was perhaps a bit less fun for racing...

Much of the time it felt good and was (too?) engaging to drive but it was not predictable. It would do different things on different laps when you felt like you had given it the same input.

I didn't have a very slow absolute pace but couldn't reliably string two laps together and spent a lot of time in the barriers waiting for the field to pass and then 3 point turning. Some nice battles with Bouke and Carsten in the first race. Carsten complained about my parking but I thought it was very neat and tidy :p

Even the reverse grid didn't benefit me as the early braking needed in the Abarth meant everyone piled into the back of me at T3 :confused: I stuck it out until the end but the spins got more and more frequent.

In the right hands (Allan and Partrick) the Abarth was very quick and a lot of fun.

Well, that was fun.

Zero practice until pre race and the Fiat Panda is completely new to me, and front wheel drive, so I was surprised to qualify 3rd, fastest Panda.

Messed up the start by engaging first well before the lights went out so got a drive through which I took immediately. Turns out it was not a big issue thanks to the car being slow, the pit lane being short and missing out turn 1. I came out in p5/p6 and gradually made it up to p3 , right on Ernies tail. Lap after lap I had the pace but couldn't squeeze past so that's where I finished.

Race 2, reverse grid, I got a decent start then avoided the turn 1, 2 and 3 crashes and found myself in p6 again. I was picking my way through but held up and made a couple of mistakes that let Ernie and Jason through. Eventually cleared my way through with Jason p1 and Ernie p2 with me on Ernies boot again.

I was contemplating a last lap dive bomb but the race ended a lap earlier than I calculated so p3 again.

Does this make me a FWD driver?!

Thanks for organising, Han, and everyone who made it. Great racing with you all.

As said on voice chat that was abysmal from a racing standpoint as in both races I got stuffed into the wall in T2/3.

Luckily I took Hans advice and was a few beers in so I didn´t care.

And yes, it´s always the same with that Abarthinations, first they corner park and than power away on the straights. Though this nights example was even more prone to "Sbinalla" than his more modern descendant :roflmao:

In the second race when cruising around last (after getting spun around and not getting the place back :O_o:) and humming along "I´m a poor lonesome Cowboy and a long way from home" I even started drinking and driving. (This is definitely not an official report, so Stewarts, have another cold one ;))

Can´t have been the only because I could collect some freebies on the way :cool:.

And Rico, sorry (a little) for the last corner oovveerrtake, but when I saw that aircraft carrier sized gap I had to shoulder in:rolleyes:

Dammit,

you guys had all the fun :cool:

Markus, as stated before this was a abysmal event from a Sim Racers perspective.

As could have been communicated earlier and more clearly you were supposed to DUI :roflmao:.

I only got that in the voice chat during practice and to wandered to the fridge after that.

My race didn´t go much better than yours but under the "hold my beer" rules of engagement I didn´t care :p

(maybe "hold my beer" could be in the title for the next one to make things clearer up front.)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.