Windows 11 Upgrade?

Have you upgraded your PC to Windows 11?

• Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 64.3%

• Total voters
My new PC came with it pre-installed, it's been running well, having said that if I would have known I would have asked for Win 10 because Oculus do not support Win 11.

Initially I had problems getting my Rift S to work after I installed the latest GPU drivers using DDU. So I did a Win 11 factory refresh and let Windows perform the GPU driver updates rather than doing it myself and that did the trick and fixed the issue but it wouldn't surprise me that the GPU drivers are behind in versions.

Last edited:
I guess i'm one of the few who updated and had no issues, it's been a few months and nothing :)
Not a single sim-related issue here either.
I'm running a Ryzen5-5600X on an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon with a stand-in GTX1060-6GB.
Prior to that, it was a GTX1080Ti and a GTX770-4GB.
I also ran just about every release as part of the early release program.
The only issue I've encountered so far, started about four weeks ago after an update.
The cursor would freeze and the web page would become unresponsive.
It appeared to be Edge driven, as I installed Opera browser as the default and the issue never occurred again.

I updated to Window 11 when it first became officially available. Everything runs fine.

Considering its a new version number, I'm underwhelmed in terms of features you experience during day-to-day use. If it makes my computer safer from outsiders, great.

To You all, with a no-problems-yet-W11 - Feel lucky guys...
Try "Destroy windows spying" on g00gle.
Get some good tools.
Use them properly and your games may very well, go a lot better.
Who, me ?! :
No Drivers for W7 ?.. means, no thanks.. No buy, for the moment.

Last edited:
Okay folks, now that Microsoft has released Windows 11 2022 Update H2, the equivalent of a Service Pack 1, is anyone here now thinking of making the switch over to Windows 11 or not? Please let me know, thanks.

• Deleted member 197115

So the problem is GeForce Experience, I stopped installing it like 5 years ago, nothing but trouble.

According to Intel the latest release of Windows 11 will be better able to schedule the cores on the gen 13 chips.

Maybe people upgrading to gen 13 chips will consider Windows 11 a must have.

Upgraded to an i9-12900KS but no way I'm going to Windows 11. I just made the switch to Win 10 a year ago. I have a very clean install of Win without most of the apps, features, spyware, bloatware, unnecessary background processes, etc. that a normal Win 10 / 11 install comes absolutely packed with.

I never change to a completely new version of Windows until quite a few years after release especially if I have the currently installed version running very good to my liking and even more-so if the newer version offers me nothing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Survived Windows 11 22H2 update, no issues whatsoever, just like with any other Windows update before. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Intel the latest release of Windows 11 will be better able to schedule the cores on the gen 13 chips.
Upgraded to an i9-12900KS but no way I'm going to Windows 11.
Well, it has been in my head for ages - possibly wrongly - that Windows 10 is unable to correctly schedule threads on any of the 12th gen chips with E cores, never mind 13th gen. (It makes sense that a tweak might be needed to address this, but not a whole damn new OS.)

If you haven't disabled your E cores @Spinelli then are you satisfied that this issue isn't biting you?

A lot of benchmarks do show pretty similar performance for 12th gen when comparing Windows 10 and 11, but (a) there are clear cases when 10 is significantly slower (even a few when 11 is slower!) and (b) you probably wouldn't expect a heavily multi-threaded workload to favour one OS over the other.

I'd hate to have a single-/lightly-threaded app bouncing up and down in performance as it hops from P to E and back again. But if Windows 10 is (still) genuinely unable to understand that not all cores are equal, then I can't understand how this wouldn't be biting absolutely everyone in that boat.

I haven't disabled my e-cores on my i9-12900KF in Windows 10 and it is working fine.

It is quite possible that they updated the Windows 10 scheduler as well to handle that better, but Windows 11 is supposed to be slightly better at handling the 13th gen. I don't have a link or any information with anything specific. And once again it's possible they'll update Windows 10 again.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%