Windows 11 Upgrade?

Have you upgraded your PC to Windows 11?

• Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 74 64.3%

• Total voters
Nope. Don't see much reason why to bother, maybe if I was going to do a clean OS install I'd consider it. I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 because of DX12 (which turned out to be useless but I didn't know it at the time) and because 7 support was going to end so I'd need to change sooner or later anyway. Not much reason to upgrade from 10 to 11

• Deleted member 197115

38985043.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m personally waiting for the release of the first service pack (SP1) before I would consider doing the update. Most gamers have avoided doing so as best I can tell. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences good and not so good.

I have tried "upgrading" with my "old" race pc two times and went back to window 10 because of lots telemetry delay issues, soundcard not working ect ect.

This week i build an entire new race pc based on windows 11. Again i was running into same issues as before with all new and windows 11 ready hardware.

So i decided to install windows 10 again and as a bonus it scores 1000 3Dmark points higher than the same hardware on windows 11.

According to FPSVR windows 11 is not officially supported by SteamVR.

I don't use Edge browser with the Windows11 anymore.
There was an update about two weeks ago, which seems to cause unresponsive pages.
I use Opera 95% of the time.

I did back on July 7th and it runs every sim I own quite well.
I have not been able to check WMR though, as I am currently using only a GTX1060-6 GB card.
I've been using Win11 for about 4 months ish now since release (force upgraded it). I personally love it. I also use WMR quite often with a HP Reverb G2 and play ACC and rFactor. A lot of people cite issues with WMR but I personally have yet to run into any. Works like it did in windows 10 :thumbsup:. So very happy Win11 upgrader here.

I've given it a miss so far due to hearing about issues with Oculus Meta Link and VR - not saying everyone has issues but it's working perfectly at the moment so see no reason to mess things up! I do have a new Alder Lake CPU though so will probably upgrade once it's a bit more mature as there may be performance gains with the newer Intel CPUs on Windows 11 - although whether that will improve VR gaming in any way, I don't know...

My gaming/sim desktop was updated to W11 about two weeks ago. There have been zero issues so far with connectivity of sim equipment. I have a USB hub on my rig with 6 devices connected. And I use triple screens.

The only issue I had was with the new menu. I hate it. So I bought Start11 by Stardock for 7 eu's and I'm happy with it for now. I do hope MS comes with a native solution to edit the menu more to my likings.

Last edited:
I upgraded a couple of months ago, but for me, it messed up my T500RS software, like it wouldn't even recognise my wheel properly, eventually I gave up and reverted back to win10. Might be alright for others, but unfortunately, it was troublesome for me.

I upgraded a couple of months ago, but for me, it messed up my T500RS software, like it wouldn't even recognise my wheel properly, eventually I gave up and reverted back to win10. Might be alright for others, but unfortunately, it was troublesome for me.
It seems there was an update that might have been released after you upgraded to W11.
Screenshot 2022-02-06 103833.png

The release notes talk about W10 + W11 compatibility.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea