Willow Springs - Big Willow

Tracks Willow Springs - Big Willow 1.03 - Ai fix + No Balloons or Ferriswheel Layout

Login or Register an account to download this content
Anybody got a link the the LIDAR data? I could at least take a look at it.

Also for those who don't know VRC was commisioned to build Willow on the data but it will likely be a paid product when done. Just an FYI.

Tyrone updated Willow Springs - Big Willow with a new update entry:

1.0 - Release

Thanks to everybody for helping with this. This is version 1.0 so from here on out there might be a bugfix release but i'm done with it.

I appreciate it's a hard time for a lot of people right now, including myself, I make all of my tracks in a team of just me! - so if you enjoy my track please consider a donation to https://www.paypal.me/hesbrook. Or click the image below. Thank you :)

[IMG...

Read the rest of this update entry...

in the update you mentioned 40 pit box but the UI file still shows 22.

1587753609639.png

1587753626222.png

Maybe it didn't zip / unzip properly.

You can manually change it to 40 in the ui file. Sorry about that.

Wow really nice update, thank you :)

Think it would be nice if the road mesh had some randomness as per my first reply, cars that normally convey road detail through the wheel feel super smooth around here.

Realised that the geotags aren't set, so you don't benefit from the "real conditions" feature of CM, so weather and presumably sun position are completely wrong (unless you are in the same time zone as the track i guess)

"geotags": [
"34.870349",
"-118.264491"
],

Seems like everything else is looking night and day better. Also looks like by setting the geotags, the horizon offset i suggested is no longer needed.
Wouldn't hurt to include some super basic camera, as the game crashes when you hit F3 otherwise (unless its just something on my setup)
AI seem better, but still a bit slow on the fast section at the end (maybe just because i run AI at less than max strength)

edit:
damping on the sand at 0.3 seems quite high, kunos have 0.15 on laguna

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a quick tutorial on how to install this? It's way different than the previous "drag and drop into the "tracks" folder. Or maybe I was not supposed to delete the original Willow springs?

There's a little mistake in the folder structure which complicates the installation. Missing the 'tracks' folder before 'willow_springs'

looking really good! Thanks. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

-Can the number of balloons on AC be turned down, or is this set by the track builders, there are LOTS of them in this track, id like to limit to 1 or 2 max, they jumble up the skyline.

-The kerbs are KILLER,see bottom clip ~2m05 into it, going over the kerbs are a tad hardcore, crash out or spin out quite likely, but, if this was intended and real track is like this, I can live with it, just try harder not to hit them ;)

early AM cloudy

early AM sandy, imo this captures that desert feeling beautifully.

Last edited:
-Can the number of balloons on AC be turned down, or is this set by the track builders, there are LOTS of them in this track, id like to limit to 1 or 2 max, they jumble up the skyline.
The balloons and config were added from my Balloon Fiesta mod and there are instructions in the overview for reducing their numbers.

If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer splendor and magnificence of so many balloons then individual balloon kn5s can simply be deleted from the track folder (or renamed) to reduce the numbers - the models.ini doesn't need to be edited.

The balloons and blimp have slightly randomised starting positions and I've done my best to ensure that they won't clash with each other at the extents of the randomness, but if you do notice anything odd or just want to try repositioning any balloons then just put new figures into this line for the dynamic object (balloon) that you want to move (this is an example, the actual numbers will differ):
RND_POS_CENTER=135, 200, -850
(the first and last numbers are coordinates of the balloon in metres relative to the track 0,0,0 datum as viewed from above, and the middle number is the height of the balloon in metres above the track datum).

If you like a particular balloon design then that model can be used individually to replace an existing balloon on tracks that already have balloons. Simply copy the balloon to the track folder and rename the balloon to match what's in the models.ini for that track.

Thirty balloons not enough for you? Simply edit the models.ini to add more. Balloon models can be referenced more than once without issues. First to a thousand wins a balloon with their face on it.

a single screen grab with time scaling at 60X, goes from 6AM to 8AM in 3 laps. Easier to show off the various track lighting this way. If you are touchy about swearing turn down the volume, Jim outshining himself in this one ;)

Download file is missing "tracks" folder in structure. It needs to be \assettocorsa\content\tracks\willow_springs.

Track was not appearing in CM after extraction.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 56.2%