gwaldock submitted a new resource:

Willow Springs "Big Willow" v1.0 for GT Legends - Scratch-Built Track

Read more about this resource...

2. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Gary, I installed your new Big Willow on GTL and I'm getting CTD as the track loads. I'll try re-downloading to see if it became corrupted some how. This is baffling me as I've neve had a track download give me this problem before. I've used the GTR 2 version of this track for some time now without a hitch.

3. gwaldock

gwaldock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Hey Jack, sorry for your trouble. Please create a new shortcut to your GTL.exe and add " -trace=1000" to the target. After you try to launch GTL please copy "GTL trace.txt" from <your hard drive>:\GT Legends\UserData\LOG and post it here for my review.
    Thanks!

Here is what my shortcut looks like:
    GTL with Trace.jpg

4. gwaldock

gwaldock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    You were right Jack. I failed to realize that you may be being using Steam's version of GT Legends; your problem became obvious to me when I tried to launch Big Willow on one of my machines that runs Steam. I think I resolved the problem with v1.01; please download it from "GTL Mods" and let me know how you make out.

Thanks for you patience.

5. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks, I had not attempted the trace you suggested the other day as yet. I'll try the v1.01 later tonight as I am using the Steam install.

6. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Alrighty........That did it. Works perfectly, Thanks.

7. gwaldock

gwaldock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    I still don't understand the need for moving the ".gtl" files up to the parent folder for the Steam version but; as long as it works...

8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    Well, it's all a mystery to me. Just downloading a mod and installing it is pretty much the limit of my computer savvy. I'm always astounded at what you modders can do.
    When I downloaded your GTR-2 version of Willow it worked fine right off the bat and my installation was on Steam but I loaded the game to the P&G mod which is NOT on Steam even though P&G will not work without GTR-2. Come to think of it, I've not tried Big Willow on GTR-2. Yikes.......
    Here's something odd; tonight when I installed v 1.1 tonight I renamed it as Big Willow v1.1 then when I started GTL it would not show up on the track selection when opening a session. I went back to my file and changed the name back to the original one and it showed up on screen and loaded perfectly. WTF indeed.

9. gwaldock

gwaldock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    I should have stated in the "readme" that the game will still see Big Willow as the same version. That is one reason why I suggest that any prior version be deleted before you "Unzip downloaded file to GameData\Locations in your GTL directory". Thanks again for your patience, Jack.

10. Jack Straw

Jack Straw
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    I have so much fun with your Willow rendition that a couple of minor bumps in the road are meaningless.
    After all, how many tracks in sim-racing have a "House Of Charmin"???????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.