Resource icon

Tracks Willow Springs "Big Willow" v1.0 for GT Legends 2018-12-07

Login or Register an account to download this content
gwaldock submitted a new resource:

Willow Springs "Big Willow" v1.0 for GT Legends - Scratch-Built Track

I grew up in the high desert approximately 40 miles from Willow Springs, so it has always been somewhat near and dear to me and I never felt that existing iterations of Big Willow for any of the Sims truly captured it's essense. Although i admire early configurations of the track, I have attempted to capture Big Willow of modern times (with sponsor logos past & present).

Features:

Full-featured cameras.
VisGroup programming.
Working Start, Pitin and Pitout lights.
Announcer sounds...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Gary, I installed your new Big Willow on GTL and I'm getting CTD as the track loads. I'll try re-downloading to see if it became corrupted some how. This is baffling me as I've neve had a track download give me this problem before. I've used the GTR 2 version of this track for some time now without a hitch.

Hey Jack, sorry for your trouble. Please create a new shortcut to your GTL.exe and add " -trace=1000" to the target. After you try to launch GTL please copy "GTL trace.txt" from <your hard drive>:\GT Legends\UserData\LOG and post it here for my review.
Thanks!

Here is what my shortcut looks like:
GTL with Trace.jpg

You were right Jack. I failed to realize that you may be being using Steam's version of GT Legends; your problem became obvious to me when I tried to launch Big Willow on one of my machines that runs Steam. I think I resolved the problem with v1.01; please download it from "GTL Mods" and let me know how you make out.

Thanks for you patience.

Well, it's all a mystery to me. Just downloading a mod and installing it is pretty much the limit of my computer savvy. I'm always astounded at what you modders can do.
When I downloaded your GTR-2 version of Willow it worked fine right off the bat and my installation was on Steam but I loaded the game to the P&G mod which is NOT on Steam even though P&G will not work without GTR-2. Come to think of it, I've not tried Big Willow on GTR-2. Yikes.......
Here's something odd; tonight when I installed v 1.1 tonight I renamed it as Big Willow v1.1 then when I started GTL it would not show up on the track selection when opening a session. I went back to my file and changed the name back to the original one and it showed up on screen and loaded perfectly. WTF indeed.

I should have stated in the "readme" that the game will still see Big Willow as the same version. That is one reason why I suggest that any prior version be deleted before you "Unzip downloaded file to GameData\Locations in your GTL directory". Thanks again for your patience, Jack.

I have so much fun with your Willow rendition that a couple of minor bumps in the road are meaningless.
After all, how many tracks in sim-racing have a "House Of Charmin"???????

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%