Williams - future?

Anyone seeing Williams as a possible title contender in a few years again? I mean, they've got the ex-Ferrari chief engineer Mike Coughlan, and now I see on f1hirek.hu that they might switch to Renault engine again! I certainly hope they'll improve!

Nope, there best hope is an engineering agreement with VW when they enter F1, within 5 years i think the spending rules will start to be more relaxed as the worlds economies recover and williams will be left behind if they don't have a manufacturer backing.

As a life long Williams fan I hope for it but cannot see it. Reading in F1 Magazine this month a lot of info on Williams - worth picking up for a read! You'll see the point and spiral they fell in. No Manufacturer backing = less sponsors = less cash incoming = lower skilled drivers attracted = lower performances = not attractive to manufacturer backing =... it's a never ending spiral unfortunately.

Hopefully though with the other business ventures a revenue stream will be successfully set up to support the racing team (similar to how Ferrari went to build road cars to support their racing team) and going forward we will see them coming back up the field. It could be a long process though!

With Maldanado in the team, the only way is backwards IMO. Dropping Hulkenberg was one of the stupidest decisions I've seen since Schumi decided to come back, I've watched him for about 5 years come through the ranks, he has the making to be as good as Vettel, Rosberg etc. if you put him in the right car. How Maldanado is placed ahead of him I never know, he is by far the worst driver in the F1 field in cars that can make in into Q2 (Saying that, I think Glock, Luizzi, Trulli, Kovalainen are better than him aswell)

I may being a little harsh on a newcomer, but even in GP2 I was never impressed by him, doesn't seem to have the outright pace that the likes of Hamilton, Hulkenberg and Rosberg had when they were in GP2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back