Will they ever learn!?

Oh gosh, don't even get me starte on the wreck that is Vista.

Really? Another interesting discussion. Tell me why Vista is a wreck (with specifics). Microsoft tried very hard to improve the OS security and made a few mistakes in the way. They were only trying to help us and not make our lives more difficult (not a success).

I'm sorry to be offending to anyone or you Bram, but I just can't say I really like SimBin much.

Not at all :) Everybody is entitled to have an opinion and i have to agree on the latest patch with you, that caused more problems that it fixed. But that doesn't mean they dont mean that they don't understand the gamers point of view. Of course they do. I think most dev's are gamers themselves.

But in your first post i got the idea that you as gamer wanted everything for free, and that is unfortunately not how this world works. For developers their game is their way of making money and a living.

Mod groups can spend million of hours of their free time to create mods while a company has to work on tight deadlines to deliver a product, that is something we all (including myself) sometimes forget. Thats not an excuse for the poor patch of course. But i am sure that will be corrected in the future.

• Kyle Evers

I don't expect anything free, I'm just a cheap bastard.

Really? Another interesting discussion. Tell me why Vista is a wreck (with specifics). Microsoft tried very hard to improve the OS security and made a few mistakes in the way. They were only trying to help us and not make our lives more difficult (not a success).

Well concerning gaming it's probably best to have XP any time. Vista and rFactor are definitely not the best friends. I like how they tried to increase security, but frankly I really believe they should have made many of the security tools optional. You have to admit Vista can get pretty annoying sometimes.

I don't expect anything free, I'm just a cheap bastard.

Well concerning gaming it's probably best to have XP any time. Vista and rFactor are definitely not the best friends. I like how they tried to increase security, but frankly I really believe they should have made many of the security tools optional. You have to admit Vista can get pretty annoying sometimes.

It is completely off topic, so I dont want to keep on discussing it here. However, you can disable all the security messages in Vista.

The main issue was to move all device drivers one level on the stack adding latency.

FInally, I run rFactor on a Vista machine without a single issue:)

Vista topic closed.

• Kyle Evers

I haven't had as good luck with Vista. Care to show how to turn off all of the security annoyingness?

Also, if you noticed, virtualr.net disabled the download links for this mod as they saw it may be an illegal conversion.

Can you link us to that statement? If that's true then that would be a real shock to me :( I can only come up with a reason that it is allowed with a proper cd check which is not the fact with this mod, right?

Sorry Bram I can't remember exactly. I think it was taken from the online sim mag that comes out, I forget it's name. I think Montoya quoted it over at Virtualr. This was last year mind you so I may be remembering wrong:).

• Kyle Evers

Look for 'turn off uac' on Google.

Okay, thanks Johan :D. I'm am not running my rig with Vista as I'm not at my mom's but I'll be sure to check it out when I get there.

Will this fix the fact that I have to run rFactor as an Administrator in order for my edited .plr file to work?

And sorry for being off topic, maybe a PM would have been best.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.