Will they ever learn!?

Slowest: stop spamming forums with your BS

SimBin has made their position very clear, one year after release.

SimBin follows these forums as do other vendors

Until I or this site recieve a removal order, or a cease and disist order the files stay.

If I could comment publicy on the agreement and authorization of these releases I would, but I cannot due to mutual cooperation and communication agreements bewteen our group, and the vendor.

Doing so would violate several trust relationships and conractual NDA

Ok, who's lying?

Even tho I've worked with RMi in the past, (i.e. beta testing), I don't agree on this conversion. Simply because Race07 is still being sold.

Also GTR2 is highly pirated on torrent sites which means Simbin oftenly won't see any penny from their stuff.

• leahcim

if they want the radicals they should for god sake buy the game that contains them and not steal them plain and simple

Who is they? It seems simple, if not plain.

I imagine the people who do the conversions /have/ bought them. The people who have posted the link - the so called "messenger" - I imagine they have the game too. The OP who is advertising the mod here has the game as well, no doubt. And most of us reading your message have the game.

So it's puzzling who precisely you want us to hate.

TBH I think Simbin are just kidding themselves if they think their paltry sales are because of this kind of thing. This file has only had 450 downloads. Most of which, I'd be willing to bet have the game (or, if not, are certainly lost to simbin for reasons other than the existence of this file or the people who created it)

It's completely asinine of them to attack the small community of people who clearly are buying their games. Nor does it make any sense to get that community creating threads like this which ironically advertise the very thing they believe they are condemning and also it seems clear that simbin didn't even clear up precisely what is and isn't allowed.

So all it does is let folk vent nonsense about stealing and stuff being illegal etc that has no basis in fact. Plus arguments back and forth about what is and isn't allowed, which again has no basis in fact. In threads like this and in the comments for the download itself.

So it's puzzling who precisely you want us to hate.

No puzzling there? it's clear, that RMi is off the limits there, if people wants to drive the radical, then they should go buy iRacing or Race07.

SimBin threatened, that if people continued to convert their stuff backwards to gtr2 and rFactor, they would stop making new games. That is so too hard to handle for some human beings, and to understand.

I bet if someone where converting you're stuff (Ie. a mod, you intended and created for gtr2, by youself, spent alot of hours in it) suddenly some idiot converts if to rFactor, without even asking you for permission, get it? ...

Morning_Wood said:
Slowest: stop spamming forums with your BS

SimBin has made their position very clear, one year after release.

SimBin follows these forums as do other vendors

Until I or this site recieve a removal order, or a cease and disist order the files stay.

If I could comment publicy on the agreement and authorization of these releases I would, but I cannot due to mutual cooperation and communication agreements bewteen our group, and the vendor.

Doing so would violate several trust relationships and conractual NDA

Lol @ trust relationships!! They would be the last people i would trust. Funny that they can't talk themself out of it with facts.

Where is that document/statement that says that conversions are ok after 1 year!? I have several community letters saying the opposite.

So who is lying? Very obvious here i think :party2: (unless proves state something else ofcourse)

Thumbs up for Slowest btw :good:

*sigh* you can get Race07 and/or GTRe from the bargin bins now - why covert? its illegal no matter what way you try to shine the light. no backwards conversion!

12months??? made up rule imo to suit. i'd like to see evidence of a Simbin agreement to this... if it does exist (which i really doubt) that'll be a can of worms in its own right!

*sigh* you can get Race07 and/or GTRe from the bargin bins now - why covert? its illegal no matter what way you try to shine the light. no backwards conversion!

12months??? made up rule imo to suit. i'd like to see evidence of a Simbin agreement to this... if it does exist (which i really doubt) that'll be a can of worms in its own right!
This had been quoted from a statement of RaceSimCentral's legality guru Vince Klortho (forum name) in which the SimBin policy towards conversion is expressed as it came forward in contact between SimBin and RSC. It states that converting content from a SimBin game, in whatever way, is not allowed as long as the game has not had it's first anniversary. That mark has passed on RACE 07. However the statement also says that converting new content to an older SimBin game, or any other game, may only be done if the mod/conversion verifies that the user has the game where the content came from installed on his PC.

Bottomline seems to be that the Radical conversion is illegal, unless it verifies that the user has RACE 07 installed.

The statement seems to be open for interpretation in some parts. So I wonder how that will turn out.

With all respect to Vince Klortho, since when is he making the policy of Simbin.
They bomb us with community letters with strict statements but this seems multi interpretable.
Maybe it is time they come forward with a rock solid policy (statement) so we can finally close these ongoing discussion and move on with racing!

Dunno why people are getting worked up about it, this sort of thing has been going on for years, it's nothing new.

It will never go away, just accept it move on, let the authors deal with it, if they really cared they would be doing something about it, like lawsuit etc, but it's happened for years and years and the authors have never taken it remotely that far, so they can't care that much IMO...

Am not saying it's right to do ilegal conversions of course though.

Agree with Damien and Bram. The fact people get away with this on popular sites means they aint doing anough about it. And as long as we here basically stick to not doing as the only clear thing I can see is they dont like it then wel be fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%