Will they ever learn!?

Dunno why people are getting worked up about it, this sort of thing has been going on for years, it's nothing new.

It will never go away, just accept it move on, let the authors deal with it, if they really cared they would be doing something about it, like lawsuit etc, but it's happened for years and years and the authors have never taken it remotely that far, so they can't care that much IMO...

Am not saying it's right to do ilegal conversions of course though.
The reason is that Simbin won't release PC titles anymore if things they make are converted to older games by them or competing sims like rF. Reason is that they miss a lot of income because of that.

People who own GTR2 but not race07, but who'd like to race the radicals can now do that without buying race07. meaning SImbin won't get those €20.
Because of this Simbin might go to console for real and leaving the pc world. Than we only have rF2? With tonnes of mods with weird physics and er.. LFS which isn't updated anymore it seems but still has great physics for road cars imho....
And.. older stuff.. like GPL, GTR2 and GTL.

The reason is that Simbin won't release PC titles anymore if things they make are converted to older games by them or competing sims like rF. Reason is that they miss a lot of income because of that.

Well not many people use the converted stuff really and pro leagues won't use that stuff, most of the community stick to what's legal and it's only a very very small % of the sim community who use this stuff , there is not much to be lost with that very small few who probably use cracked games anyway. It's not stopping simbin or anyone releasing sims as it never has done before or should not do in the future, as there has been ilegal conversions for years, though it use to be allot worse and it did not stop them or other companies releasing other titles over stuff like this for example.

iLegal converters / hackers will never go away, just the way it is, most of it is underground though.

The good people stick to the real stuff.

I thought Simbin allowed it as long as there was a disc check and the content was at least a year old?

Edit: But I see they didn't even bother with a disc check. Carelessness.
The funniest part was that it would have been less work to make it as a mod for Evo/Race 07, where it would have been allowed. As much as I respect the work that goes into it, some common sense was lacking here.

I stand by my earlier statement.

That was a pretty ignorant statement earlier on. Didnt make any sense at all.

If GTR 2 owners want RACE 07 content, they can buy it at Steam or in a shop just like we did.

Example in your way of thinking:

I drive a small car from 2003, but if i want a brand new Ferrari i can simply steal it and drive it as being my own?

I think it's more like driving a BMW M3 '03 and now you want the V10 engine of the 2008 model. If you want the new engine, you'll need to buy the new model. Once you have bought the new model (= CD Check) you can convert the engine into your old model (God knows why somebody wants to do this, unless you don't have to buy the new model and get the engine for free, and that's definitely stealing I think)

Wow your guys take on mods is hilarious to say the least. I guess you guys only know about simbin game mods or something. For christ sakes people have been modding games since the dawn of time.

Look at the half life two engine for instance. There are a ton of games people made for free that are awesome for that engine.

Insurgency, its similar to COD4 so the makers of insurgency should be tossed in prison for making a similar product for free according to your guys logic.

So all the mods for Race that are available in other games besides simbin titles should be thrown in the same category.

You guys make no sense and neither does simbin.

This example with the cars is rediculous also. I mean seriously, taking the SR3 from RAce07 and then putting it on the GTR2 engine isnt the same thing. It wont have the physics from RACE07.

It's one stinkin car for christ sakes.

Wow your guys take on mods is hilarious to say the least. I guess you guys only know about simbin game mods or something. For christ sakes people have been modding games since the dawn of time.

Look at the half life two engine for instance. There are a ton of games people made for free that are awesome for that engine.

Insurgency, its similar to COD4 so the makers of insurgency should be tossed in prison for making a similar product for free according to your guys logic.
Been reading through it. and its a completely different game with a diferent goal of the game. Just too bad they seem to have converted half life 2. But still the goal of the game is different. And that's not the case with race07/gtr2
So all the mods for Race that are available in other games besides simbin titles should be thrown in the same category.
Not if the conversion was allowed. Simbin allowed conversions FROM GTR2 and GTL TO Race07. Just like modders for rFactor oftenly allow conversions towards race07 and/or gtr2.

This example with the cars is rediculous also. I mean seriously, taking the SR3 from RAce07 and then putting it on the GTR2 engine isnt the same thing. It wont have the physics from RACE07.

It's one stinkin car for christ sakes.
Race07 and GTR2 have the SAME gmotor engine. Just tyre files and other stuff are different and because of that the feel is different. But if the conversion is a straight conversion with it's own tyre files and own physics files the car should feel exactly the same.

And because Simbin doesn't want any race07 content converted to an older title I believe they're in their right. And the fact they've said to leave the PC-community if modding their own created stuff to competing titles like rFactor or older titles without cd-check or whatever makes me kinda serious to be against any conversion that doesn't have a cd-check or other test.

The rF historix mod is such a mod I don't like because of it.

Power n Glory for GTR2 has a GTL cd-check. That's good.

You say it's one stinking car, but that's where it starts. Within two months the whole race07 + evo + stcc is converted and simbin has left the pc community.

and has nothing to do with modding

:plus1: modding is creating! Building a mod from scratch thats artist work, and those guys should get credits!

The last weeks i have been seriously following the posts in the Bob's Track Builder forum. Hard working guys that spend months and months of time in creating their ultimate goal: making their own track. Do they get the fame and glory? Hardly, but those are the real artist and not people that steal copyrighted property of someone else and then get the fame and glory as if they have made it themselfs!

• Kyle Evers

That was a pretty ignorant statement earlier on. Didnt make any sense at all.

If GTR 2 owners want RACE 07 content, they can buy it at Steam or in a shop just like we did.

Example in your way of thinking:

I drive a small car from 2003, but if i want a brand new Ferrari i can simply steal it and drive it as being my own?

That's true. I just don't like SimBin very much - they don't seem to understand the gamer's point of view very often.

• Kyle Evers

Think about the latest patch for GTR Evo. They fixed some problems, yes, but in the process they created more, especially for those who have computers who run the game borderline, like how they increased draw distance and such, which causes poor performance.

Not to mention they tend to stick to one kind of racing, rather than a variety. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer something other than a touring title at this point.

I'm sorry to be offending to anyone or you Bram, but I just can't say I really like SimBin much.

Think about the latest patch for GTR Evo. They fixed some problems, yes, but in the process they created more, especially for those who have computers who run the game borderline, like how they increased draw distance and such, which causes poor performance.

Not to mention they tend to stick to one kind of racing, rather than a variety. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer something other than a touring title at this point.

I'm sorry to be offending to anyone or you Bram, but I just can't say I really like SimBin much.

Kyle that's only your preference. No one forces you to buy SImbin games. Is there? You dont like their products (cars, tracks, etc), buy something else. Also, because you dont like your neighbors does that mean you can still his car? or break into his house?

As for the patch, I am a software engineer that has been in the industry for over 15 year and I can tell you no software is perfect. Simbin will figure out their bugs and have them fixed. It happens to everyone. BTW, are you using WIndows? Explorer? rFactor? etc... etc... ALL FILLED WITH BUGS:)

• Kyle Evers

Not the right word. You didnt think it through very well. You work very hard to produce something and want to get rewarded for your labor. How would you feel if someone started stealing whatever you produced under the argument they dont "like" what you do?

Well Bram already explained that to me and I agree with him. I do understand it now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%