Why does AC looks so good on other people's system?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all,

I've got AC for quite some time now, always ran high settings reflections etc so everything ultra,

But when i look at some YT videos AC looks so much better,

(not using PP filters as it only makes my game sepia coloured)

Could that be it ^?

Please help me :)

Hi,
sadly not really..
I reinstalled AC completely as I screwed up with too many mods...

Now I'm using:
Custom Shaders Patch latest version (Content Manager only)

SOL: (currently not installed but I plan to!)

Natural Graphics mod: (only using the PP filter, "natural mod")

I disabled everything fancy in custom shaders patch (CSP) though as I'm only racing in the club on Racedepartment and that means always dry and daylight.
So I disabled the lighting, rain etc.

Here's a Screenshot how my AC is looking during a standard race:
(SOL not installed currently but I love it so I listed it)
View attachment 364408

And these are my settings: for me it's the optimum between quality and performance. No aliasing (thanks to the awesome TAA from CSP) but maximum details. Shadows are very smooth thanks to CSP and reflections are fluid enough.

View attachment 364409

And the various CSP settings:
Everything that's grey on the left is disabled, every setting that is white is default, every setting that's RED is changed from default (mostly just disabled).

The settings that aren't shown in the screenshots are default.
View attachment 364410
View attachment 364411View attachment 364412View attachment 364413
I almost fixed everything but still struggling with jagged edges:/ Still thanks a lot for the help!

I don't know what I am doing wrong but it still looks so bad. I did your setting exactly like you said, it didn't work. I put everything on ultra, didn't work. Either me or my pc is retarded :cry: No matter what I do I can't get rid of jagged lines.

Here is a screenshot I took with my own settings before my pc died(BTW There is no hardware difference between my old and new pc):
Screenshot_btg_nissan_skyline_r34_nismo_shuto_revival_project_beta_19-11-119-15-21-47_accumula...png

Here is how it looks now:
Screenshot_btg_nissan_skyline_r34_nismo_shuto_revival_project_beta_15-4-120-1-46-43_accumulation.jpg

I don't know what I am doing wrong but it still looks so bad. I did your setting exactly like you said, it didn't work. I put everything on ultra, didn't work. Either me or my pc is retarded :cry: No matter what I do I can't get rid of jagged lines.

Here is a screenshot I took with my own settings before my pc died(BTW There is no hardware difference between my old and new pc):
View attachment 364511

Here is how it looks now:
View attachment 364512
Sorry, no idea what's the difference then... :(

@whyper I assume you run CM and CSP? Check if FXAA is enabled in AC video settings. This is mandatory to even have the graphic adjustments working in CSP!!

Then set CMAA 2018 in graphic adjustments in CM along with FidelityFXbyAMD and enable TAA in extraFX as well. Untick "extra sharpen".

With this, you shouldn´t see any jaggies.

I assume you run CM and CSP? Check if FXAA is enabled in AC video settings. This is mandatory to even have the graphic adjustments working in CSP!!
Can you explain what exactly is only working with fxaa enabled?
Because for me it's disabled and everything apart from the menu with cmaa etc is working.
I'm using just taa (and 2x msaa from ac) and don't have any visible jaggies.
And I'm not the usual "fxaa only is super smooth I don't see any jaggies" guy.
I forced sgssaa because the jaggies on transparent stuff were too much with 8x msaa + ac fxaa for me.

Then set CMAA 2018 in graphic adjustments in CM along with FidelityFXbyAMD and enable TAA in extraFX as well. Untick "extra sharpen".
I guess with using cmaa inside of CM, we can use the fidelity fx with Nvidia cards too?
Gonna try it then.

The graphic adjustments function in CM only works when vanilla FXAA is enabled. This is also explained in the graphic adjustments tab in CM. Sorry I can´t post screenies right now since i am not on my rig.

Ilja recommends to set CMAA along with TAA and FidelityFXbyAMD to have the best visuals in AC and he´s absolutely right about IMO. I would recommend not to force SGSSA in Nvidia settings. Only AF 16x should be set to ON and disabled in AC since NVIDIA produces a better AF when enabled in the driver directly.

The graphic adjustments function in CM only works when vanilla FXAA is enabled. This is also explained in the graphic adjustments tab in CM. Sorry I can´t post screenies right now since i am not on my rig.

Ilja recommends to set CMAA along with TAA and FidelityFXbyAMD to have the best visuals in AC and he´s absolutely right about IMO. I would recommend not to force SGSSA in Nvidia settings. Only AF 16x should be set to ON and disabled in AC since NVIDIA produces a better AF when enabled in the driver directly.
The fxaa statement from Ilja in CM is only for the "post processing anti aliasing" part inside the graphic adjustments tab. At least there it is stated and everything else is working for me although fxaa is disabled.

I'll try thr cmaa + fidelity fx later on, thanks for the suggestion!

Why would you recommend to NOT force sgssaa? It's a bit blurry but not really worse than fxaa or taa.
It was, until taa arrived in csp, the only anti aliasing that really worked flawlessly and got the job done.

Yes, of course, only for post processing AA which CMAA is intended to use to be. Sorry if I wasn´t that clear.

I would not recommend it since it uses too much rendering power from the GPU and the current AA methods we can use in CM through CSP are more than enough to have a crisp and clear experience. But thats a matter of personal taste of course. ;)

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying :)
Sounded like you'd say the whole graphic adjustment extension would become inactive without fxaa instead of only the post processing section inside of it.

And as if you'd had other reasons than personal taste and gpu power for not using sgssaa.

It's clear now, I'm gonna try cmaa instead of the 2x msaa. Hopefully I can free up another few percent of gpu power :p

Not wanting to make a new thread and used the search function finding this thread.
I just joint the CSP patron, does anyone know if TAA is working on triples screens? I'm afk and joined from my mobile and just wondering if being part of patron adds this function to triples?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.