• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Why do some tracks have strange white line on horizon?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by bsmooth, May 17, 2019 at 14:42.

1. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    I noticed last night on the Highland track there was a strange white line on the horizon, yet at Dumas there was not. I only seen this since I loaded the newer shaders in. Is there some reason for this ?

2. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +67
    Not sure what you mean, got a pic?

3. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    Yep sure do !
    [​IMG]

4. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +445
    What newer shaders did you load? That looks like an alphatest issue which is a shader issue most likely.

5. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +67
    Which versions of Custom Shaders Patch and Sol do you have? Shaders Patch 125 and 127 only work well with Sol 1.2 RC1.

6. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    Its the one recommended on the SOL page: Shader Patch 1.25.preview49

7. Rogerbee

Rogerbee

Ratings:
    +67
    Oh, well, I have Sol 1.2 RC1 and Shaders Patch 127 and I don't get that effect on Highlands.

8. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,736
    is whats recommended for the current release for Sol (quoted from its description text)

9. Peter Boese

Peter Boese
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,633
    It's a compatibility issue with some tracks. It can be solve over configuration files. They are called "track light configs". Look in the install guide of Sol. On the last pages it's described how to install them. Or you could use the automated install over CM.

10. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    The only thing I could find was a bunch of lines and an NPTC file, but I couldn't actually find an ini file, but there were about 730 lines, very confusing to say the least I'm not quite sure what to do

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 15:10
  11. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
  12. Peter Boese

Peter Boese
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,633
    Please look in the sol install guide. There it is described. On the last 2 pages. You have to download the full pack. There are much more tracks where this happens! Also with the newest Shader patch versions, an automatic download of these files is introduced. But I recommend you to do the manual download. Then you are safe to have the newest versions.

13. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    I finally downloaded it, but couldn't figure out how to get it into AC. I did manage to use Content manager and install version 311 which finally got rid of the bright line on the horizon.
    With the manual download I had no idea where to put the files even with the instructions.

14. Peter Boese

Peter Boese
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,633
    Like it's said in the manual:
    4. Copy the folders “cars” and “tracks” to AC root folder /extension/config. →
    5. Overwrite existing files…

You know where your AC root folder is?

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. bsmooth

bsmooth

Ratings:
    +83
    I did look in the manual actually, but couldn't find an Extension/Config folder. I also looked online and the folders they had setup didn't match mine exactly.
    As I said I did the update through Content manager for just The Highland track and no others, as I'm having no issues with them right now.

16. Art-J

Art-J

Ratings:
    +24
    If you couldn't find it - create it manually then. I seem to recall I didn't have it either, but that's because Sol was my very first shader-related mod I was installing.

Create the folder tree structures as shown in manual and/or github website, download only the Highlands-related files ("ks_highlands.vao-patch", "ks_highlands.ini", "ks_highlands__buildings.kn5"), put them in relevant folders and you're good to go. Just checked, with these patches and Sol 1.2 the horizon renders allright.

17. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +349
    I really don't understand why you cannot find a assettocorsa/extension/config folder as it is already included in the Shader Lights Patch ! :(
    If you cannot find it .... I'm even not sure you did install SLP correctly :confused:

NB: try to have a look at the assettocorsa main folder and subfolders to understand how the files are structured.
    Once you understand how folders, sub-folders and files are structured .... it'll be easier for you to install mods even manually. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.