Why do some tracks have strange white line on horizon?

I noticed last night on the Highland track there was a strange white line on the horizon, yet at Dumas there was not. I only seen this since I loaded the newer shaders in. Is there some reason for this ?

Yep sure do !
47829408872_abefdb3595_b.jpg

The only thing I could find was a bunch of lines and an NPTC file, but I couldn't actually find an ini file, but there were about 730 lines, very confusing to say the least I'm not quite sure what to do

Last edited:
Please look in the sol install guide. There it is described. On the last 2 pages. You have to download the full pack. There are much more tracks where this happens! Also with the newest Shader patch versions, an automatic download of these files is introduced. But I recommend you to do the manual download. Then you are safe to have the newest versions.

I finally downloaded it, but couldn't figure out how to get it into AC. I did manage to use Content manager and install version 311 which finally got rid of the bright line on the horizon.
With the manual download I had no idea where to put the files even with the instructions.

I finally downloaded it, but couldn't figure out how to get it into AC. I did manage to use Content manager and install version 311 which finally got rid of the bright line on the horizon.
With the manual download I had no idea where to put the files even with the instructions.
Like it's said in the manual:
4. Copy the folders “cars” and “tracks” to AC root folder /extension/config. →
5. Overwrite existing files…

You know where your AC root folder is?

I did look in the manual actually, but couldn't find an Extension/Config folder. I also looked online and the folders they had setup didn't match mine exactly.
As I said I did the update through Content manager for just The Highland track and no others, as I'm having no issues with them right now.

If you couldn't find it - create it manually then. I seem to recall I didn't have it either, but that's because Sol was my very first shader-related mod I was installing.

Create the folder tree structures as shown in manual and/or github website, download only the Highlands-related files ("ks_highlands.vao-patch", "ks_highlands.ini", "ks_highlands__buildings.kn5"), put them in relevant folders and you're good to go. Just checked, with these patches and Sol 1.2 the horizon renders allright.

I really don't understand why you cannot find a assettocorsa/extension/config folder as it is already included in the Shader Lights Patch ! :(
If you cannot find it .... I'm even not sure you did install SLP correctly :confused:

NB: try to have a look at the assettocorsa main folder and subfolders to understand how the files are structured.
Once you understand how folders, sub-folders and files are structured .... it'll be easier for you to install mods even manually. ;)

Matter of fact I install all of my mods manually:tracks and cars, I found content manager did not install them correctly, so I know the folder system pretty well, I've been in there enough.
But I couldn't find what the instructions said was there, maybe it has to be put i, I'm not sure. To do the SOL install there is a video tutorial which I went by along with the instructions.
For now I don't have any crazy white horizon after doing the update to the Highland track thru Content manager, because I couldn't do it manually.
The only reason I did the SOL install anyways was to make the tracks lighter, especially the SPA1966 track which is my favorite of all, and now it looks great.
I appreciate all the help, and its nice to have a place to come to to get it !
I must admit I do get confused sometimes between what is supposed to be in the folders and what I see. but I do like manual installs because I like to see where things go, thats why the SOL install was so intimidating.

Matter of fact I install all of my mods manually:tracks and cars, I found content manager did not install them correctly, so I know the folder system pretty well, I've been in there enough.
But I couldn't find what the instructions said was there, maybe it has to be put i, I'm not sure. To do the SOL install there is a video tutorial which I went by along with the instructions.
For now I don't have any crazy white horizon after doing the update to the Highland track thru Content manager, because I couldn't do it manually.
The only reason I did the SOL install anyways was to make the tracks lighter, especially the SPA1966 track which is my favorite of all, and now it looks great.
I appreciate all the help, and its nice to have a place to come to to get it !
I must admit I do get confused sometimes between what is supposed to be in the folders and what I see. but I do like manual installs because I like to see where things go, thats why the SOL install was so intimidating.
Please look in your AC root folder. There you must find a folder called extension in it you will find a folder called configs in this again are the folders cars and tracks.
If you don't know what the AC root folder is, please follow the install guide how to find if. It's described on the page "AC root folder".

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 88 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.1%