Probably Gasly, but since neither Fukuzumi, Makino, or Ticktum have Super license points, it will be interesting who ends up in the Toro Rosso. Alexander Albon may be a candidate, since he's been very good in F2 and GP3, and obviously Norris is also there. It might end being an all rookie line up with the rumours that Hartley is leaving.

Gasly is a weapon of choice. Kinda fast with a kinda slow car, worked with Honda already, has a big potential, and he has the motivation to move to the main team. And charisma, of course.
JEV might not have any motivation to return to the series where he will be at secondary roles in the team, in the shadow of Vers, from the series where he's champion, even two series, where he's successful, ELMS and FE.

Absolute most logic choice would be Gasly. He has the speed, getting more and more mature, experience with Honda PU and is known well within Red Bull.

Probably Gasly but it should be Sainz.
Verstappen has not earned any right of veto and Carlos seems to be of a similar temperament in the car to Riccardo.

Most of us will say Gasly. I also did but the thought to have two early 20-ers in one team? Despite Max already has proven to be a very very good racer with a huge potential maybe a more experienced driver would be a wiser choice? End 20 who except a role as wingman. Someone with the same positive attitude as Daniel.

On the other hand two self confident rebel kids in one team, two champs couldbring each other via good competition to even a higher level.

Nobody saw that Daniel to Renault move coming, so maybe RedBull will also come with a complete surprise?

Alonso_RedBull.jpg

Its gonna be Gasley. Most probably. Feel sorry for Sainz too. And whatch out Max! coz the new kid is going to be more reliable and consistent and I am 100% sure he will beat Verstapen no matter how good and fast he is. Lets see if Honda can deliver next season. I hope so

Verstappen doesn’t want that
Who cares what Verstappen wants? It's the team calling the shots I may hope and not the (first) driver.

I don't know if Verstappen has said this on the record somewhere but if he did it would greatly disappoint me as it's really a concerning point of weakness imo.

Who cares who your teammate is, you have to beat him and the 18 others at the grid anyway to become the best driver in the world. Focus on yourself instead of wasting negative energy on other drivers.

As he isn't in the poll my vote goes to Sainz. He looked like a talented young lad at TR and now also at Renault.

Why is Sainz not on the list? The favourite seems to be Gasly, but I say give Sainz one season and see what he can do. And like someone above, if Verstappen does not want that..errr who gives a f**k. He's way too young to be influencing / running a team.
Sainz probably doesn't want to be partnered with Verstappen, so it would just cause more trouble. Also it seems as though Red Bull don't think he is good enough.

Gasly because he has a good relationship with ferstapen and is doing great with the toro rosso in a configuration close to what red bull will have next year.

Ticktum will take the seat of gasly in toro rosso with hartley.

If ferstapen fails next year and ticktum succeed he will take the seat of ferstapen in 2020 and we will never hear dutch guys here on this forum.

Gasly because he has a good relationship with ferstapen and is doing great with the toro rosso in a configuration close to what red bull will have next year.

Ticktum will take the seat of gasly in toro rosso with hartley.

If ferstapen fails next year and ticktum succeed he will take the seat of ferstapen in 2020 and we will never hear dutch guys here on this forum.

Is Gasly doing good? Compared to Sainz in 1st half 2017, he's not doing better. Infact Gasly hadn't done anything for 5 races straight before scoring at Hungary, where oddly the Torro Rosso seemed a good car and some rain did good for the team in the qually. He had one good run in Bahrain.
Still, Sainz went to Renault after screwing up 2 races in a row with TR, while seeming not to even recognize his own faults for more than once during 2017.

It does look like Gasly is a team favorite though, but he's really outperforming a much slower Hartley than Kvyatt would ever have been in the same car. I dunno, I don't see ANY (GAS nor SAI) of them replacing Ricciardo at all, Gasly at least not yet though he's the "logic" choice right now. So who's left?
I wonder if RB would pull Buemi in, just for the Torro Rosso seat if Gasly is moved up. But still, it seems too damn easy for Gasly to move up after a rookie season where he's had 2 good results.

Gasly, for sure. Whatever perspective you choose, Gasly is the name that comes up in the end. And to be honest, from the list I know only Gasly and Hartley :( And Ticktum, but he can't get superlicence for next year, so he is out of picture.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%