Who is interested in an Endurance race ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just to see if we have enough people to start an event with driverswaps. The race will be 2 hours so driver swap after 1 hour.
If we have enough intrested drivers then we could do a real endurance event (more then 3 hour race) The mod is still open for discussion.
Lets hear you !!

• Andrew Evans

yea, i couldn't historicx either - don't have gtl (yet!)... something where the cars aren't likely to get killed by your team mate in the first stint could be a good starting point :D

Definately interested. I was looking forward to perhaps taking part in the 24hr LeMans race at SSCA but now that it seems to be dead...
Historx would be great, especially at VLM LeMans, but I also think the Historx mod limits players too much so it's better to go for another mod I think. Of course we'd need a big field of drivers for this!

• Andrew Evans

I have many team members, I could bring in 5+ top races here, but most don't have the time to post around and spend a month posting to become a trial member etc, which of course is a shame. (Likes of Sean Edwards etc)

well at just over one non-spam post a day for the three week waiting period i don't really see where "having time" comes into it...

that's, of course, their decision, but please don't take subtle digs at the forum membership requirements - there's been quite enough inappropriate discussion on this topic already....

:focus:

well at just over one non-spam post a day for the three week waiting period i don't really see where "having time" comes into it...

that's, of course, their decision, but please don't take subtle digs at the forum membership requirements - there's been quite enough inappropriate discussion on this topic already....

:focus:

I feel bad now, was not a dig at all, just explaining that my team members work 24/7 doing whatever, be it racing in real life or just a normal job, and they only just have time to post on our own team forum and testing for race events never mind on here so couldn't bring them in to help with numbers for this endurance event, (will still try and bring a couple in though) but sorry for saying that anyway if you thought it was a dig or anything, I apologize.

If say the race was 8 hours, I would say you need about 40 members minimum as that means at least 18-20 cars, (if 2 drivers in each car) more would be better as in a 8 hour race anything can happen and there would be one or 2 dnf's happening. I can help with potential rules either way as I have good experience in endurance events.

Setting up the rules and the endurance event is something we can handle at RD ( example the WTCC league)
Getting the ppl together for this is much harder i think. We could start with a 1 day event for 4 hours and test the driverswaps and see how many will actually show up. Any suc6 is something we can build on for a regular event or a championship.

I mean mainly with driver swaps and any other potential things that could cause a disco in a endurance event. One thing that caused some problems with driver swaps when we spent allot of time testing was the use of plugins. Plugins can cause you to get disconnected when you do a 'driver swap' so in other leagues like SSCA they strongly advise to uninstall all plugins while running the event in case of a disco.

Regards.

I second that Patrick i have never driven them but they look cool and suit the endurance style racing to a tee :)

My only real thought about this driver swap is how the teams will be formed, the reason i ask is because as you can imagine i cant see people forming a queue to join with me as im not very quick :rolleyes:

So i was thinking maybe the teams could be picked out of a hat as such as otherwise if you get all the fast guys on the same team there is not really going to be much of a race for us slow ones :thumb:

I also think this would help the community as we would having something to talk about after the race with guys that we usually don't have much contact with if you see what i mean ?

So does anyone think this is a good or bad idea ?

Good idea Grant, I thought the same for the test. We can make teams at the signup or we make them in the server. You have to join and rejoin after swap so we can judge the speed of the drivers and make equal teams then.
I thought October would be nice to do a test on a wednesday or sunday.

Good idea Grant, I thought the same for the test. We can make teams at the signup or we make them in the server. You have to join and rejoin after swap so we can judge the speed of the drivers and make equal teams then.
I thought October would be nice to do a test on a wednesday or sunday.

Sounds good to me to keep it nice and even :), Wednesday or Sunday would be good for me in this respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes