Which wheel to go with CSW 2.5

Hi all,

I mostly sim for fun but would like to start getting more serious and compete in multiplayer once I’m good enough.

I want to take the plunge and buy a decent wheel base. Currently I’m using a G920 with CS V3 pedals.

I’ve decided on the CSW V2.5.

I can’t decide on a wheel though.

I love the idea of the Porsche 911 wheel but it’s the most expensive and not sure I’d use all those buttons.

The BMW wheel seems good value, but being a weirdo whilst I can cope with a Porsche wheel I’m not sure I want a BMW logo on it. The 918 wheel just feels a bit... meh.

The other option is to go for the universal hub and sort my own wheel - I’ve had Motolita wheels in a couple of my old cars and love those - but equally that would end up being basically as expensive as the 911 wheel.

James

So how do I get a 30 odd cm wheel, GT3 shape to work with fanatec csl elite wheel base. Fanatec hub plus 3rd party/custom wheel?
Will a fanatec McLaren type wheel ever be back.
Prior to upgrading to fanatec I had a g27 wheel and a home made wheel, based on McLaren wheel made from MDF, felt great and perfect size, just feel the 27cm F1 wheels might be a little small, just like the g27 round wheel diameter.

Upvote 0
So how do I get a 30 odd cm wheel, GT3 shape to work with fanatec csl elite wheel base. Fanatec hub plus 3rd party/custom wheel?
Will a fanatec McLaren type wheel ever be back.
Prior to upgrading to fanatec I had a g27 wheel and a home made wheel, based on McLaren wheel made from MDF, felt great and perfect size, just feel the 27cm F1 wheels might be a little small, just like the g27 round wheel diameter.

Fingers crossed they might make a GT3 wheel — amusing they don't because of its popularity (recent poll on here)

Essentially it would be a larger version of the Formula V2.

Upvote 0
I think I may have convinced myself in to the brute force solution for this.... Porsche wheel and a base powerful enough not to worry about the wheel weight or size...
Podium DD2? I am also waiting for the V2. Or when the driver developed enough so it become comparable to the OSW 2.0 (Don’t want to get the OSW due to the price of the wheels)

Upvote 0
Podium DD2? I am also waiting for the V2. Or when the driver developed enough so it become comparable to the OSW 2.0 (Don’t want to get the OSW due to the price of the wheels)

DD1 I think it more than enough for me.

(I always have to look up DD1 or DD2 because I never remember which one is the most powerful — it really should be the other way around.... F1 > F2 etc)

Upvote 0
I thought I'd weigh in here as I feel I was in the same boat you're in now and after many different wheels and solutions on my 2.5 base I feel I may be able to offer some insight.

I currently have the Porsche GT3 podium package (podium hub, APM, BME & GT3 rim), and honestly it weighs a tonne, but with that said, the weight is all very central, the rim itself is quite light; still feels great to me, whereas the BMW rim, although lighter did have a sluggish feel to it; and ultimately the lack of feel is why I sold it (well Hermes stole it but that's not for here!).

I think the one size fits all wheel (if there is such a thing) would have to be a 300mm round rim, OMP Trecento on a Uni hub for example would be my 'all-rounder' but over time I have ended up having one rim for GT and another for formula.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea