which GPU is best for AC?

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this so gonna drop in here. I have an iMac 2011 core i5 running at 3.1ghz. The GPU is a 6970m (mobility) with 1gb vram.

Would an upgrade to the same iMac with a 2gb 6970m be of benefit in AC. I don't have the funds to replace the iMac with a 780 model so this minor upgrade for minor outlay (say €50 odd) is my only current option. Cheers guys.

Nope. RAM doesn't improve GPU performance unfortunately :(

Cheers for the swift replies guys. Also sorry stupid mistake not to include the res. I run triples on either 5040x1050 or 5760x1200 depending on the fps I'm getting on individual tracks and cars. Varies between 45fps and 55fps odd.

Cheers for the swift replies guys. Also sorry stupid mistake not to include the res. I run triples on either 5040x1050 or 5760x1200 depending on the fps I'm getting on individual tracks and cars. Varies between 45fps and 55fps odd.

You will deffo be swapping memory with 1gb then at them resolutions, I also run triple and rack up around 2.6gb on my 780. Might help a little.

I used to use nVidia, but AMD caught my eye a few years ago and I've been using them exclusively since. Many of the AMD cards feature smaller 28nm technology which I feel gives their cards a longevity edge. Catalyst impressed me right away with the user friendly interface that simplified graphic adjustments--less sophisticated than nVidia, but faster to set up and leave alone IMHO.

The high middle grade and high grade card from both companies perform flawlessly...so it's really the little things that you have to choose between. Anything Radeon 7790 or higher, or GTX 580 and higher will be able to run AC with little to no problems, esp when AC 1.0 comes out with all the features.

Its not.

I run 5140x1080 on a single GTX670 and an i7 3770k and never have any stutters or FPS drops. I have the settings locked at 60FPS.

Having a clean and tidy Windows install helps things, gives the system a chance to run the Sim well instead of having other things to do at the same time.

Hmmmm, have you tried full grid at Monza? I ran a 680 SOC before my 780 and struggled to maintain 60fps.

Hmmmm, have you tried full grid at Monza? I ran a 680 SOC before my 780 and struggled to maintain 60fps.

Not Monza, i cant stand the track, its the most boring place i can think of but Silverstone runs perfectly with 21 458 S3's on the grid and tyre smoke at the start.

I'll give Monza a go though, purely for testing purposes and i'll report back soon.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%